FORUMS
Stan

Dragon Isles Pathfinder - How to Unlock Flying in Patch 10.2

75284-dragon-isles-pathfinder-does-not-g

Find out how to unlock regular flying in Patch 10.2 and ride your regular mounts in the Dragon Isles! You can start working on it now!

Of course, Dragonriding mounts are faster and Dragonriding will be the new standard in WoW going forward, but we're still far away from that. As "Dynamic Flight" still hasn't been implemented for regular mounts, many players wonder about when they can ride their regular mounts in the Dragon Isles. 

Guardians of the Dream adds the Dragon Isles Pathfinder Dragon Isles Pathfinder achievement and the best part is you can start working on it now on live servers!

Dragon Isles Pathfinder Requirements That You Can Complete Now

Here are the requirements you can complete on live servers now to unlock flying when Patch 10.2 hits.

Zone Campaigns

First, you must complete the storylines in the five Dragonflight zones, including Zaralek Cavern.

Exploration

You need to fully explore all five zones by revealing the covered areas of the world map.

Renown

The final requirement that you can work on right now is the reputation achievement, but it can only be partially completed because it requires the 10.2 Dream Wardens faction.

• Freshscales Fifteen Freshscales Fifteen requires you to achievement Renown 15 with all major factions of the Dragon Isles.

For now, make sure you are at Renown 15 with the Valdrakken Accord, Iskaara Tuskarr, Loamm Niffen, Dragonscale Expedition, and the Maruuk Centaur.

Dragon Isles Pathfinder Requirements That Require Patch 10.2 to Launch

When you're done with the achievements listed above, you will need to wait for Patch 10.2 to launch to complete the remaining Pathfinder achievements.

Exploration

• Like 2

This took far too long to come about. It's getting old not being able to use the mounts I have worked for two decades to use. This xpac is not far from closing out with 10.2 most likely being the final major content patch.

Of course, Dragonriding mounts are faster and Dragonriding will be the new standard in WoW going forward

This is my biggest issue. Dragonriding is too restrictive and not as useful as normal flying. If normal flying, with all of it's freedom, is removed or somehow made a secondary, I can't see myself continuing WoW. Normal flying is superior to Dragon riding in that there is no energy restriction and you can easily hover when you choose. You are not tied to a time-gated (energy which must rebuild over time) system of abilities. You can just fly where you want, when you want, without concern for a ridiculous flight system that forces you to manage your travel as you would a fight.

1 hour ago, TheRagingwolf said:

This took far too long to come about. It's getting old not being able to use the mounts I have worked for two decades to use. This xpac is not far from closing out with 10.2 most likely being the final major content patch.

This is my biggest issue. Dragonriding is too restrictive and not as useful as normal flying. If normal flying, with all of it's freedom, is removed or somehow made a secondary, I can't see myself continuing WoW. Normal flying is superior to Dragon riding in that there is no energy restriction and you can easily hover when you choose. You are not tied to a time-gated (energy which must rebuild over time) system of abilities. You can just fly where you want, when you want, without concern for a ridiculous flight system that forces you to manage your travel as you would a fight.

I believe there will be an option to choose between Dragonriding aka "Dynamic Flight" and standard flying (as it exists now) or "Static Flight".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

I believe there will be an option to choose between Dragonriding aka "Dynamic Flight" and standard flying (as it exists now) or "Static Flight".

It's odd that they would call Dragonriding "dynamic" given how restricted it is. Normal flying is far more free and open.

Regardless, it's good that normal flying won't be removed/replaced.

2 hours ago, TheRagingwolf said:

Just not worth it..

Edited by Krimzin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stan said:

I assume it's going to be like war mode on/off thing? So we won't be able to switch it anywhere. It would have been more convenient if we were able to have both normal flying and dragonriding. Normal flying is more convenient for gathering resources as doing this with dragonriding will require some waiting for vigor to replenish. The only thing dragonriding is better at is traveling for longer distances.

I'm not a big fan of dragonriding myself, however there is another issue. It's very likely that dragonriding will stay within Dragon Isles and we will get something similar in next expansion. This means we will have to gather new glyphs, complete another set of races etc. This seems like an easy pattern to "reset progress" and to just pad content with even more "fluff", which is basically copied from previous expansion. Sort of like we always get the same things to do in new zones, kill rares, get some treasures, earn renown and so on.

Edited by Arcling

12 hours ago, Stan said:

For now, make sure you are at Renown 15 with the Valdrakken Accord, Iskaara Tuskarr, Loamm Niffen, Dragonscale Expedition, and the Maruuk Centaur.

Well now I'm regretting doing absolutely nothing with the mole people. 

• Haha 1

Oh well at least it gives me an incentive to do content I otherwise have no interest in, I personally am not a fan of dragon riding

I've never seen the point of dragon riding, yes it's fun (it change from normal fly). But :

1 ) the collector mount (a dragon) CAN'T fly in DF

2 ) You can't fly if you have the form of alextraza with the legendary (sad but it can be a little understood)

3 ) Not one previous mount dragon can fly...

4 ) Evoker can't fly (wth? yes for like 1 min but not realy "flying" like the mount do)

5 ) Custumizing your mount is a good idea though

Faction renoun level 15 has been deleted as a requirement for regular flying as of 11/7 patch otherwise i would be flying my crash and burn mount forever. Bliz should have given us a choice on that call anyway.. but we just pay their salaries.. the grind is still horendous and time consuming and thanks to the powers its account wide .. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.