FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Wobrig

The hard choices

I have spoken to my friends about this and im still really struggling to pick what to main in WoD im sure there is others out there the same as me.

My options are WW monk, Lock, Rogue.

I started MoP maining as lock, at the start of this year we needed a tank so I started tanking on my monk, since then I have jumped between WW and lock depending what we need both are around the same ilvl (579) added to this I have also started playing rogue and enjoying that.

I feel I love the 3 classes with probably a slight worry about the rogue as it maybe move of a new enjoyment and I may feel different after awhile. As for WW and lock I really enjoy playing both of them.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions about how to pick a starting char for wod apart from a flick of a coin :)

I realize there isnt any straight up answers but I felt like voicing my issue seen as wod is almost here. 

If you enjoy both, do you also want to have the option to tank, or is just dpsing enough?

Still, are the tanks reliable or are they relatively new? Are you going to stick to the guild for long? All these are attributes you need to keep in mind!

I'd go monk, but that's mostly because I don't like maining a pure dps class, and I'd definitely never main a pure dps melee again. I Played rogue for 2 years in Vanilla/BC and it was always tough finding a raid team that needed one whenever I was looking for a new guild, and now with dungeon and LFR queues you're talking about a 30min queue most of the time vs instant for a tank. That alone is a huge benefit for the monk in the first few weeks, with the homogenization of gear. You can tank heroics, CM's, and LFR's for the instant queues, but still work on your dps gear.

Second choice I'd go warlock, they're a lot of fun to play. not to say that rogues aren't fun, but warlocks are more fun.

Thanks,

Replying to berlinia, I am Co-GM of the guild and I feel we now have 2 good tanks and one of them is druid so wouldnt want 2 leathers anyway.  

Replying to Storm, I am probably putting monk/lock ahead of rogue due to not getting the chance to get it into mythic to really test it/me out, so I feel it maybe alittle more risky to go rogue first. As you rightfully point out the monk being offspec Heals or tank will make the start of WoD gearing and queuing faster. I also found monks so much fun to lvl I have 2 of them, only one has good gear but a different set of profs. :) 

Anyone know how melee friendly the new raids are going to be? Will we be taking more melees than in the past were if you get an option you would take ranged.

From my experience it really differs. Fights like Tectus are soooooo mellee friendly, or Hansok and Gursok. Some others are not so much.

Well I had a go at monk healing last night just to see if I could manage it and it went ok, so from an off spec point it opens up all three specs although my geared monk doesnt have any int gear at all. Not sure if that makes monk win out right but it may do wink.png

Other minimal thing is my geared monk has bs eng as profs so I guess I would be looking for a trade plate for leather item. I think at the time I lvling BS on monk as it was the only prof I didnt have but it isnt really idea going into a new expansion.

Heya Fellows,

never had time due to work for studying the upcomming expansion, so i'am currently also Struggling. At the moment i am prefering a WW Monk or Shadow Priest. I really like playing Shadow Priest but I really dislike to sit in the back of the bus (where the place of shadows always was). So maybe u have made some experience which provide more than a simcraft in a patchwerk fight, even if the Shadow is currently in a nice Position. Especially if shadow is suffering from many in wod upcomming movement fights.

I'd like to know also your opinion for wod, if ranged classes or melee classes will beat the shit out of mobs. For my experience melees always had the big disadvantage of melee-range. Do u think that wod will change anything?