Icepyre

Fire Mage DPS problems

Sign in to follow this  

3 posts in this topic

Im have been a raider now since BC and playing since Vanilla. But come this expansion I have been having a big problem with DPS. I have tried to do the correct rotations and right talents for right fights. We tried eligon last night and my dps was on bottom. I couldn't get above 50k dps no matter what I did. I tried 4-5 attempts as frost and one as fire. I have been pushing to be frost since i love that spec. I played fire in cata and did well. But as fire my heroic dungeons are lower than what i think i should be.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/alterac-mountains/Icepyre/simple

we didnt have any WoLs last night since it was first night in there. my dps was between 47- 51k dps through skada.

my hit is low right now im trying to reforge to get hit with enough crit and haste. I think i put too much into crit.

Buffs: Dal Brilliance, Molten Armor, flask of warm sun, and Int food. with int pots.

What am i missing .

my rotation is

LB (keep up)

lava burst ( when getting hot)

Pyroblast ( hot streak)

fire ball

Combustion when i get near 25-30k ignites

Mirror images on cd

rune of power since my haste is so low.

and later time when mirror images are up.

Any help would be great since im going to get replaced soon if i cant fixed this and I cant really figure out why my dps is so low.

First and foremost, get your reforge/regem better. Use Askmrrobot if you need, or just some more sense. You are reforging to haste instead of expertise/hit (eg belt boots).

Get some really easy upgrades. Mithril Stopwatch is just bad (unfortunately). Get the +int/crit proc trinket or +hit/int on use trinkets (both are better than your dragonling/stopwatch). Enchant your gloves expertise etc etc.

Really your gear/gem/enchants/reforge could improve quite a lot.

Outside of that, your rotation seems to be correct. Are you using Alter Time at all? It can help a lot (46 seconds of time warp instead of 40 is huge! Plus all your other 10-20 second proc buffs extended). Have you played around with different lvl 90 talents? I personally use the Invocation instead of Rune of Power and did tests to find it was better for me. Spend this weekend in front of a target dummy testing different talents/specs to see what works for you.

I would personally guess that you're still missing on a bunch of your casts, would could cause the low dps. Remember that mages now can utilize expertise in reaching hit cap (5100, or 15%, is the magic number here). You're armory right now is showing you about 800 points shy.

Example:

Reforge your Wire of the Wakener Mastery -> Expertise, and you'll gain another 145 points towards your hit cap. Same with your Girdle of Endemic Anger & Sandals of the Shadow & both rings, and you're well on your way to reaching your hit cap.

As midgettoes suggested, try out Invocation instead of Rune, and don't forget about using Alter Time during Lust/Warp/Hero... if you can, try to use it when you've got a Pyro! & Hot Streak up, as your AT expires, you'll immediately have a instacast pyro up and IB will give you another, which can really bump up that Ignite number.