FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Everything You Need to Know About Azerothian Archives in Patch 10.2.5

Sn-mka-obrazovky-2023-12-21-o-20-00-53.j

Azerothian Archives is a new world event taking place in the Azure Span in Patch 10.2.5 rewarding players with various cosmetics. Check out everything we know about the event in our latest post!

The event takes place in the Azure Span. You can see the exact location on the map below. There's also a countdown informing you about when the next event will start when you hover above the horn icon.

Snímka obrazovky 2023-12-21 o 18.59.27.jpg

As opposed to other events, Azerothian Archives is not tied to player power / gear. The event only awards cosmetics. The whole event takes about 9 minutes and you need to wait about 5 minutes before another dig starts.

When the event begins, you will see a bar appear on your UI similar to the Superbloom bar. The goal is to interact with objectives to collect pages. Group acitivities have not been tested on the PTR! The rewards are random here. As you can see, you can receive a purple quality bag at the beginning upon collecting 1000 pages.

WoWScrnShot_122023_200057.jpg

The weekly quest can be obtained from Eadweard Dalyngrigge (I'm not even sure I've spelled that right), let's call him Edward. Upon completing the quest, you will receive 5,000 Mysterious Fragments, a currency used to buy cosmetics from the quartermaster and 3,000 reputation with the Azerothian Archives.

WoWScrnShot_122023_200114.jpg

You gain pages by excavating nearby objects and ore.

WoWScrnShot_122023_200204.jpg

There's a shadowflame dragon you need to kill which completes the quest, but the dragon should spawn at the end of the event not at the start, anyway, here's the loot you get from the dragon.

WoWScrnShot_122023_200443.jpg

WoWScrnShot_122023_200503.jpg

The epic bag also contains event currency and there is probably a chance to receive cosmetics as well, it's just not guaranteed.

WoWScrnShot_122023_201200.jpg

There are various ranks of reputation with the Azerothian Archives faction in 10.2.5.

Junior is the initial rank with Azerothian Archives. You will reach Capable at 10500 reputation, Learned at 21000, Resident at 32500 and Tenured at 42000.

Snímka obrazovky 2023-12-21 o 19.55.04.jpg

The grind will probably be easy with Darkmoon Faire and other buffs.

If there are no nearby players, you will receive a solo buff that increases your Pages collected, similar to the Superblooms buff.

You can also check out MrGM's video about the event which shows off the cosmetics, and more.

More cosmetics. It feels like this is the focus now more than anything. Would be nice to see a better and more immersive leveling experience over more shinies that do nothing.

36 minutes ago, TheRagingwolf said:

More cosmetics. It feels like this is the focus now more than anything. Would be nice to see a better and more immersive leveling experience over more shinies that do nothing.

Gear is temporary, cosmetics are forever. I feel like you're vastly underestimating the amount of people who value mounts/pets/transmogs over player power.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Brightamethyst said:

Gear is temporary, cosmetics are forever. I feel like you're vastly underestimating the amount of people who value mounts/pets/transmogs over player power.

I love some mounts and pets but transmogs are just so /yawn to me. And I am well aware of the general population loving t-mogs, I just don't get it and would love to see other areas of the game get some attention. There are plenty of ways already to get transmogs, it doesn't seem necessary to introduce yet more.

On 12/21/2023 at 10:11 PM, Brightamethyst said:

For some part I absolutely agree. I was happy when I got the first Hearthstone cosmetic drop from Amirdrassil because I knew that toy was staying forever but the gear will be replaced in while again (or obtained a little later).

But I'm one of those people who made his character over 10 years ago and have been using the exact same transmog and mount for over 10 years to establish a character. The only change I made in the past 10 years was a cloak from The Nighthold that suited just a bit better. I'm happy that so many people still enjoy getting all these transmogs and cosmetics, but for me all these events give little more than removing the "You have not unlocked this transmog yet" line from another item. The same goes with mounts. I have hundreds of mounts and will never use them all. I have a favourite by now, meaning that almost any mount I still receive just goes on top of the pile and does nothing more than add +1 to the mount count. I do wish they would find a more suitable reward for players like me, because if anything only gives transmog then there's already nothing to gain for me for doing it. I don't say remove the transmogs or cosmetics, just... maybe time for something new to collect?