FORUMS
Staff

Embers of Fyr'alath Effects Buffed

77003-its-legendary-axe-time-quad-fyrala

We have more legendary axes incoming very soon! Blizzard have announced that they are significantly buffing the effects of all Embers of Fyr’alath starting today, and applying retroactively to any you've already gathered. 

Blizzard LogoFyr'alath (Source)

Many aspects of Dragonflight have reflected a shift in philosophy towards designs that allow us to enjoy reaching a point where we feel “done” with a character’s power progression. Legendaries returned as an exception to this. Legendaries are intended to be a special reward that some players would aspire to obtain over the course of a season, demonstrating a display of excellence in the most challenging content.

As Season 3 has unfolded, we’ve increasingly heard feedback from frustrated players who have been clearing Amirdrassil weekly on Heroic difficulty with no Fyr’alath in sight, and we want to give those players a surer path to achieving their goal.

Earlier today, with a hotfix that is now live, we significantly increased the effect of all Embers of Fyr’alath for players who receive them. This increase is retroactive and applies to all players whether or not you’ve consumed any Embers you may have.

As always, thank you for your feedback!

Blizzard are lying. Zero transparency. I kill it post hotfix today still no axe. 2 LFR 12 Normal 8 Heroic. Bad luck tokens are a LIE and this hotfix is a LIE.

Also love how out of touch they are "demonstrating a display of excellence in the most challenging content" STFU Blizzard. The warrior that bought his first Heroic Fyrakk kill and jumped off the platform did not display any excellence when he got the axe on his FIRST kill last week. He got LUCKY. RNG plain and simple.

Edited by doublebrutal
  • Haha 2

I really like their new direction towards character progression, catch up and everything like this. I think it's huge development and it's much more sustainable with the mostly mature community, who doesn't want a second job with the game. They're doing really good job with this content, so really looking forward for the systems in the War Within. 

• Like 1

Yeah, right, nice try.
They buffed the rate AFTER many were disappointed with the drop rates and left the game. 
The buff rate is not a sincere "apology". Instead, it is more like a taunt.
Slapping players with an insult ("Your gear (loot RNG) sucks, haha loser"), then compensating them with an "Oh, wait, don't go, how about a nice little candy?"
Also, the Ember Shards were originally supposed to buff the drop rate. Now, they have significantly increased the effect of all Embers yet again. Zero transparency. Who is to say that the drop rate is indeed buffed? By how much? 0.1% or 0.5%? Who is to say that the Embers are indeed working in the first place? Maybe this is like the talent flukes, where some talents that were supposed to decrease AOE damage taken were in fact increasing damage taken instead. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hypersonic said:

I really like their new direction towards character progression, catch up and everything like this. I think it's huge development and it's much more sustainable with the mostly mature community, who doesn't want a second job with the game. They're doing really good job with this content, so really looking forward for the systems in the War Within. 

Except many alts have gotten their leggos, played their fill with it, and are playing other alts while many mains have yet to get it, become disllusioned, and are afking. So, they are once again too late. They do this not because they realize the problem, but because player metrics are once again dropping. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

They buffed the rate AFTER many were disappointed with the drop rates and left the game. 
The buff rate is not a sincere "apology". Instead, it is more like a taunt.

No, this is just you choosing to stay angry. Everybody complains to a droprate, they finally give in and adjust the droprate and now you complain because they adjusted the droprate. It's literally what you people wanted! Stop complaining when you're finally getting what you're shouting for, because at this point it seems to be more a scream for attention than for a legendary axe.

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

Also, the Ember Shards were originally supposed to buff the drop rate. Now, they have significantly increased the effect of all Embers yet again. Zero transparency. Who is to say that the drop rate is indeed buffed? By how much? 0.1% or 0.5%? Who is to say that the Embers are indeed working in the first place?

That's something to be tested and yet you're expecting results before the first test. If they indeed got buffed we'll be able to see if they did by the incline of people obtaining the legendary axe in the next couple of weeks. I understand that you might not trust it, but that doesn't mean that it isn't implented just because you're being wary. Since the change just happened there's absolutely no way for you to be able to tell right now if it actually changed or not. Stop riding this hard on your thoughts and wait for actual evidence, otherwise you'll only be stressing for absolutely no reason.

1 hour ago, Harvey said:

Except many alts have gotten their leggos, played their fill with it, and are playing other alts while many mains have yet to get it, become disllusioned, and are afking. So, they are once again too late. They do this not because they realize the problem, but because player metrics are once again dropping. 

I'm sorry, but since when did people start thinking that "legendaries" mean 'It's going to be served to you on a silver platter as early as possible"? If it were up to me, the legendary would be much MUCH rarer than this. In my opinion you should be going in not expecting the legendary at all and only have that little hope that it might someday drop. There are still people farming the old legendaries weekly and still haven't gotten a legendary from over 10 years ago because it's simply an extremely rare drop. The fact that they did implement a bad luck protection is already WAY more luxury than I would've given you. It wouldn't exactly be a legendary drop if 90% of the people walk around with it after just 2-3 weeks.

Lastly, the axe is a nice and fun upgrade but in absolutely no way a necessity at all. In our own guild we have 2 people with the axe now. They aren't suddenly skyrocketing the dps meters and aren't suddenly making fights much easier. I don't know if you think this axe has some godlike powers giving you free kills, but I really hope you can get rid of that illusion.

I like to finish how Iron Man from the Marvel movies would've said it to Spiderman: "If you're nothing without the legendary Axe, then you shouldn't have it."

• Like 1

And this is why I'm glad I'm not playing a class that uses the legendary

5 hours ago, doublebrutal said:

Blizzard are lying. Zero transparency. I kill it post hotfix today still no axe. 2 LFR 12 Normal 8 Heroic. Bad luck tokens are a LIE and this hotfix is a LIE.

Also love how out of touch they are "demonstrating a display of excellence in the most challenging content" STFU Blizzard. The warrior that bought his first Heroic Fyrakk kill and jumped off the platform did not display any excellence when he got the axe on his FIRST kill last week. He got LUCKY. RNG plain and simple.

These words are the result of someone who believed that the rare and epic thing was rare and epic for everyone but themselves. For themselves, it was guaranteed.

*Narrator's voice: It was not guaranteed.*

• Like 1

Evokers had the same issue last season and now strength users are undergoing the same thing.  There is not any other weapon in this season that provides an added bonus encentive for damage compared to some of the other weapons that seem to have a decent drop chance to drop in the Raid. eg) the one handed axe that has a chance to proc shadowflame dmg.  The drop rate is horrible for this weapon and along with several of the trinkets like Auguary.  

And if Blizzard is going to keep doing this added flavor going into the next expansion I hope they don't hinder the next set of classes to obtain the next legendary weapon.

5 hours ago, Pandabuffel said:

No, this is just you choosing to stay angry. Everybody complains to a droprate, they finally give in and adjust the droprate and now you complain because they adjusted the droprate. It's literally what you people wanted! Stop complaining when you're finally getting what you're shouting for, because at this point it seems to be more a scream for attention than for a legendary axe.

That's something to be tested and yet you're expecting results before the first test. If they indeed got buffed we'll be able to see if they did by the incline of people obtaining the legendary axe in the next couple of weeks. I understand that you might not trust it, but that doesn't mean that it isn't implented just because you're being wary. Since the change just happened there's absolutely no way for you to be able to tell right now if it actually changed or not. Stop riding this hard on your thoughts and wait for actual evidence, otherwise you'll only be stressing for absolutely no reason.

I'm sorry, but since when did people start thinking that "legendaries" mean 'It's going to be served to you on a silver platter as early as possible"? If it were up to me, the legendary would be much MUCH rarer than this. In my opinion you should be going in not expecting the legendary at all and only have that little hope that it might someday drop. There are still people farming the old legendaries weekly and still haven't gotten a legendary from over 10 years ago because it's simply an extremely rare drop. The fact that they did implement a bad luck protection is already WAY more luxury than I would've given you. It wouldn't exactly be a legendary drop if 90% of the people walk around with it after just 2-3 weeks.

Lastly, the axe is a nice and fun upgrade but in absolutely no way a necessity at all. In our own guild we have 2 people with the axe now. They aren't suddenly skyrocketing the dps meters and aren't suddenly making fights much easier. I don't know if you think this axe has some godlike powers giving you free kills, but I really hope you can get rid of that illusion.

I like to finish how Iron Man from the Marvel movies would've said it to Spiderman: "If you're nothing without the legendary Axe, then you shouldn't have it."

Easy to say for someone who has either A) obtained the Axe or B) not one of the classes that can obtain it.
Leggo Axe classes were nerfed to a certain extent to accomodate the Axe powers. In my raid, those who had the Axe were always among the top 3 dps and the damage provided by the Axe is like the third dps skill according to recount. If your guildies are not skyrocketing meters, they should be at least among the top damage dealers. By your logic, the Axe should not be giving god powers and guess what, they are not! If Axe player cannot achieve top damage, what about those WITHOUT the AXE? LESS THAN NOTHING. If Axe player cannot skyrocket dps meters, then why can't they make it like the head enchant where players do hard work for a couple of weeks and get the weapon?
I am against the idea of giving it for free, so I am very offended by your suggestion that I want it handed to me on a silver platter. I DO NOT. But after two of my guild tanks and countless alts have obtained the Axe earlier than our guild mains, perhaps it is basic human nature to despair, no? From our guild perspective, what is the point of said bad luck protection when new alts with less than 3 embers can obtain the Axe but main members with more than 20 embers cannot?
Perhaps your math is a bit off. Let me correct it for you. Is this the 2ND or 3RD WEEK?  We are already in the 14th week, perhaps 12th or 13th week if you count actual weeks after the legendary Axe is made available for. That's 3 months, and season 3 is coming to an end. So, pray tell, what should realistic expectations of the drop rate of a watered-down legendary look like? Next Expansion, Patch 11.0? or Season 4, where any mythic plus weapon can be upgraded to a higher level than the legendary?

• Like 1