FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
munkafan

Easiest class first timme MMO-player.

Hi.

I will begin to says sorry for the n00b question but.

I was looking for som guidance regarding choosing an easy played class for WOD.

I am very new to MMO-games and have previous played D3 only.

I am looking for a class that is very limited in button-combos, cooldown watch and dot/procs.

I really like the game but I tested out the Windwalker Monk and this made me nearly go crazy as a beginner at watching the chi/energy management, rotation, cooldowns etc and still have my eyes on the screen at what I am attacking.

Pretty much need a simple class to play that won't get me kicked out of instances for not doing enough to the group and that gives me time to focus on the game instead of having my eyes on the bars.

Thanks for your understanding and help!

If a melee DPS is what you're going for I'd maybe suggest a combat rogue (although there's the combo points there). The energy regen at lower levels is quite slow aka easy to manage and Combat doesnt have that many buttons to perform on an ok level.

If you don't want any secondary resource, maybe a Warrior would be your thing.

If you're looking for ranged class, I'd recommend a hunter. Their resource works similarly to warriors', in the sense that theres no secondary resource plus having the pet tank for you while leveling is a great asset. Just remember to turn off pet taunt when you enter dungeons and you're golden. Plus you get to feel crazy powerful against questmobs if you go Marksmanship oneshotting everything :D

For a first class I would recommend a warrior or a paladin for melee dps and hunter or mage for ranged. Mages do need to watch for procs, but there are more than plenty ways to modify your UI to make this easier, with the most coon being weak auras (allows you to make bars and thingies that pop up when something happens). Hunters are incredible simple, and there's not much to them, with the only DoTs belonging to SV and MM has nothing to watch out for but the cooldown on Rapid Fire.

Edit: thinking about it, paladins do have a secondary rescourse, but the rotation is pretty simple of build and dump (as per my understanding).

Edited by Orthios

Thank you for that quick and useful advice.

I'm leaning to a Hunter class.

Looking at BM Hunter wich seems nice with the pets.

Will this class be hard to play on higher lvls like 100+ and is it easy to learn to play?

Thank you again for the answer, the nicest forum so far I have been a member of.

Thank you for that quick and useful advice.

I'm leaning to a Hunter class.

Looking at BM Hunter wich seems nice with the pets.

Will this class be hard to play on higher lvls like 100+ and is it easy to learn to play?

Thank you again for the answer, the nicest forum so far I have been a member of.

Can also add that I am starting with the lvl90 boost that includes in the expansion.

Edited by munkafan

Can also add that I am starting with the lvl90 boost that includes in the expansion.

Hunter's are incredibly easy to play to a decent level, and maybe moderately difficult to play to a high level (which is one of the biggest criticisms of hunters).  BM hunter got quite a bit more simplified with the 6.0.2 pre-patch and the change to haste, so its most complex ability (Focus Fire) became very simplistic.  This is a very good choice for someone new to WoW or with not a lot of experience with managing a lot of things at once (multiple DoTs, using procs correctly, etc).

As for easy to learn, yes.  The biggest thing to remember is to use abilities when they're available, and getting an addon such as OmniCC (which shows the remaining cooldown right on the action bar) helps a lot.

Edited by Orthios

Hunter is probably the most common class that's been recommended to new players since WoW was first released. They do decent damage in a group setting, and for solo content having a pet to tank for you makes things a lot easier.

But really these days any class is pretty easy to pick up and learn, and almost every class has some way to heal themselves to make questing easier.

DK's are super easy also, and blood is a solo'ing machine, but even with the boost I don't know if your very first character can be a deathknight.

I concur that the hunter would be a good first choice and here are my reasons why

#1 it has a pet that can take the damage for you and if it dies you have a better chance to run away 

#2 it's a ranged class historically melee dps must be running after the boss and avoid cleave like effects standing at range escapes many of the problems a melee class has

#3 you have room to grow excellent hunters besides having a pet for every occasion and pulling great numbers can crowd control, Kite , trap like few other classes can

#4 Hands down the best mobility out of the ranged classes.

As for the DK suggestion, I left it out since its hsi first char and rolling a DK needs a lvl55(?) character first. (Unless they removed that restriction in which case shame on me.)

Warrior for sure, fury spec.  It's incredibly easy, very few buttons and you could just press whichever of them you want when they are available and do well enough.

For a beginner warrior, unlike what the guide on here says, you should use bladestorm all the time, use it every time off cd, waiting only a few seconds if more targets are going to come out very soon.

As people are saying, hunter is without a doubt the easiest ranged class, however hunter has considerably more buttons, pet management (which has issues lately since 6.0), does far less damage than a warrior no matter what, and can do absolutely terrible damage if you don't manage the energy well. 

Overall it's not even close, warrior is far easier to do well on.

Pet management is only maybe an issue for BM on fight with a lot of target switching. Focus management isn't hard, as you're either spending or generatin it, and using stuff on CD is pretty easy to do. It's also really intuitive to want to use focus spenders over steady/cobra shot since they do more damage. As for warriors doing more dps, not really. At early gear levels, MM and Fury/Arms are about equal, with SV and BM trailing behind a bit, but once you hit normall gear, MM starts to tak off and BM/SV close the gap. By the time you're in 695 BiS, MM is a good 6k dps ahead of arms/fury, while gladiator warriors, WW monks, and feral Druids are the real competition. And yes, this is looking at SimC results posted today.

Edited by Orthios

I found a BM hunter one of the easiest classes to level, both doing pve and pvp content.

One piece of advice, save your boost! You might find the hunter isnt suited to you play style and you may have wasted your boost.  Nowadays 1-35 doesnt really take that long, I would roll a couple of different characters to that level before deciding what to boost.

1) You get to learn and get a feel for your class.

2) Even without heirlooms, leveling should be pretty quick

3) You get to actually get some gold together so you can actually buy stuff later.

Hope that helps and good luck

I've been playing a Paladin since the beginning of the WoW universe, and I now spend most of my time on my BM Hunter.  It's incredibly easy to play and to level.  I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually died in PvE since WoD was released, and they were all while soloing elite rare mobs.

7 hours ago, zmandude24 said:

Do not play melee as WAY too many play it and it's next to impossible to find a raiding guild as a melee dps.

This post is over 2 years old, I'm sure that the OP has found an answer.  Please check the dates on topics you intend to reply to.