FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Heruka

How to Demonbolt?

I have been trying out Db and I don't seem to get the hang of it.  I end up casting all MC proc SF in caster form just to build fury, then pop into Meta and cast Db.

I am wondering if all Fury should now be saved for Db as it costs so much each time. Or should I let the buff expire on 4 or 5?

Should I still be casting SF in Meta?

Any ideas on how to use Db properly would be greatly appreciated.

Build to 800 fury and dump 4 DB... repeat.  All SF in caster as your spending all your fury on DemonBolt.

As per my most recent knowledge...

• Like 1

To put the discussion to rest:

With archimonde's darkness, delay dark soul for demonbolt, use demonbolt every time the debuff drops as many times as possible, up to a cap of 4 casts.

Without archimonde's darkness, delay demonbolt for dark soul. That is, use demonbolt every 60 seconds instead of when the debuff falls.

Simc doesn't reflect the latter yet, I'm updating the APL as we speak, but I have a local copy that proves this to be true.

To put the discussion to rest:

With archimonde's darkness, delay dark soul for demonbolt, use demonbolt every time the debuff drops as many times as possible, up to a cap of 4 casts.

Without archimonde's darkness, delay demonbolt for dark soul. That is, use demonbolt every 60 seconds instead of when the debuff falls.

Simc doesn't reflect the latter yet, I'm updating the APL as we speak, but I have a local copy that proves this to be true.

It will be interesting to see the difference between On cooldown and delayed usage.  Delayed usage would give more of a window to build your fury in the event movement or what not that slows the cycle on you.

Turns out that the rabbit hole goes deeper than I thought. Delaying for DS is a gain in preraid, but not in mythic. I'm guessing it has something to do with trinket/legendary procs in the sim. Increase in damage boosts outside of DS = better demonbolt damages.

TL;DR, without AD it's a 2% dps gain to delay your dark soul cooldown for a demonbolt cycle IN MYTHIC. In preraid it matters 0 fucks.

I'm literally about to just tell everyone to apply their faces to demonbolt and dark soul, and whatever happens happens. It's just too complex of a spell to say 'this is how you use it.'

Edited by gahhda