FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
furiouscalf

Warrior DPS down the drain???

Hey guys,
I've been trying a lot of different theories for DPS except for gladiator stance so far and I've found that I am doing a lot more damage in arms. However, I am also finding that I get out dpsed by most other classes who have a lower item level than I and I am fairly well geared, missing only one piece of heroic loot (belt) and I contain both the 680 ring as well as an epic pair of pants from a challenge mode. I mean my gear is not optimized to my spec but it is getting very close but still these hunters, rogues, monks, etc. are wiping my poor 13k single target off the meters. Are warriors just not that great in the DPS field right now? Am I doing something wrong? It's been very discouraging watching the undergeared hunter keep out with my over geared warrior. My characters name is Furiouscalf if anyone wants to check out the gear on the armory. Thanks guys.

Try Gladiator stance then. If you look at simulationcraft you'll see that gladi stance warri scales much better with gear then the other warrior specs. just give it a try :)

Warrior dps is very gear dependant, and I think it will improve as we get higher crit chance and better weapons. I'm currently fury with 2X hellscream's decapitator and doing awesome AoE (bladestorm lol) and reasonable single target. So I think just waiting it out and when my crit chance gets much higher and the enrage uptime increases we'll see what happens :)

What Alatarial said.

Warrior dps remains uber-dependent on critical strike. If you remember at the end of MoP we were sitting at 50+% crit, which resulted nearly 100% uptime on our enrage/RB procs due to Bloodthirst's x 2 crit multiplier. In addition, since our mastery is also super low right now, even when we do enrage, mastery's damage modifier is weak (my mastery is like 18%, so it's only tacking on 18% extra dmg on the few occasions I'm actually enraged).

I admit it makes warriors feel like a very weak single target class, but with gear we will be one of the strongest melee or even overall dps classes again. I'd argue we are even more gear dependent than in the past because strength is no longer weaker than both crit or mastery, so even gear with less desirable secondaries will be a big dmg boost. Hang in there.

Edited by Ofunearth

Only problem with the "waiting" is that in sims right now even with the raid gear at mythic level warrior are on the bottom half of the meter meaning that for a good portion or majority of this xpac (assuming it is shorter than the previous) warriors will not be up to par and thats a problem.

Specs rise, and specs fall. Fury had its time for the past full year of Siege of Orgrimmar, so it's not really surprising to see that it's on the bottom on pure single target sims right now. You can't always expect to be on top.

Remember that each spec has its specific niche too. Fury and Arms might not be the best single target specs in the game right now, but Fury's burst AoE is really good, and Arms' Cleave is still one of the best in the game.

I guess I look at things a bit different than most people as I view this game as my hobby that I pay for and as a consumer I expect certain things.  I expect that the product they are delivering is all around high quality, which I think this xpac is outside of class balance.  I know that there will always be a bottom of the meter specc especially when taking in account certain situations, aoe ect. but to be as far behind as warrior are right now is laughable and my biggest problem is that there are a large number of specc throughout the classes that are, for all intents and purposes, not worth bringing to progression minded raids.  Sadly in the 4 speccs warriors have 2 of them are that bad.  Could you bring them, sure but as a responsible raider myself I would never subject my guild to a specc that is that bad.  And its not just about warrior, there are a very large number of mediocre or terrible speccs and as a paying customer, I dont think that part of their product is very good and should be addressed in a much faster manner.

Which leads me to my next issue....Blizzard, for the love all things holy, take your army of devs and fix classes faster haha.  End rant and back to my hunter. 

P.S. - For the first time in my long wow career I had the opportunity to play my warrior since we needed one and of course they are so bad I cant play it.  Of course I could play glad but Im not a huge fan of the playstyle.  Maybe I just need to suck it up and slap people with my shield.  ahah

Edited by Perplexx