FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Incendax

Soul Burn: Soul Swap?

I created a macro that reads "/castsequence reset=target Soul Burn, Soul Swap, Malefic Grasp, etc", but whenever I try to use the macro this happens:

1st click: Casts Soul Burn!

2nd click: Puts Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction on the target.

3rd click: Inhales Agony, Corruption, Unstable Affliction from the target.

What am I doing wrong?

You're double-casting Soul Swap. When Soul Swap is performed without being Soulburned, it inhales the 3 DoTs and waits for you to exhale them. You cannot exhale onto the same target that you inhaled them from.

Instead of doing a cast sequence, just make a Soulburn: Soul Swap macro like this...

#showtooltip Soul Swap

/cast Soul Burn

/cast Soul Swap

If you try to execute this macro without any Soul Shards, you will inhale the DoTs on your target. Don't make that mistake.

You're double-casting Soul Swap. When Soul Swap is performed without being Soulburned, it inhales the 3 DoTs and waits for you to exhale them. You cannot exhale onto the same target that you inhaled them from.

How am i double casting Soul Swap when it is only in the macro once?

How am i double casting Soul Swap when it is only in the macro once?

I don't know. You're using a macro and you're inhaling the debuffs, so you're casting it twice. I'm not familiar with cast sequence macros as I've always just performed my rotation without macro assistance.

I just ran around and tested it on about 30 different enemies. I can officially confirm that a castsequence macro with Soulburn and Soul Swap absolutely will cast Soul Swap a second time regardless of the fact it is only in the macro once. Does anyone else know why?