FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
LittleDansonGuy

Any update for the Ele Guide?

Hi, Icy Veins!

I was wondering if the Ele Sham guide was going to get an update with the WoD launch and the Heroic Dungeon environment.

As of now, I can't seem to find how Elemental is viable at all in the Heroic setting. I have definitely grown with this class and would average top 3 DPS in my guild for Heroic SoO. I can imagine it's simply going to need some balancing, but with WoD HC Dungeons, I often pull dead last in certain fights, even below the tank. 

AoE'ing trash use to be quick work with Elemental, but now having to work EQ in to the rotation, everything goes wonky. The slow cast time results in other classes getting a large burst and maintaining it as where Ele has to cast one Chain, then throw down an EQ. By that time, the trash is dead.

My boss fights seem... competitive, but with often defeat. Boss fights like in Skyreach seem to go fairly well, maybe pling second or third in DPS, not a whole lot of crazy movement. But, with something like Ragewing in UBRS, I'm lucky to scratch 6-7k.

I'm not sure. I'm just hoping for those professional Elemental Shaman's to come out and tell us what to expect. Right now, I seem to be getting squashed by most of my guildmates who were sometimes below the top 3 DPS area.

Any theorycrafting and help would be appreciated. I'm hoping to not have to put the Shaman in the back of the line, making it wait for a balance.

Thanks, IV Community!

Damien actually said that he contacted the reviewer of the guide a bit late and said he is hoping to get the guide up today actually! 

That being said,  I am 634 now and am still behind most of our other dos in heroic/challenge mode dungeons. i have tried every combo of skills and rotations. We had a shadow priest actually come in at 613 ilvl and crush me in single target dps. Hopefully there is a secret out there that will help us.

@Damien

Not a big deal! Our numbers are just not there, so the guide will probably only help to squeeze a few hundred points of DPS anyhow... :( Very sad.

I may wait for the balance and sit out of my guilds raids for a while. Elemental is really the only reason I play WoW, and with its vast under performing, it's hard to feel like a contribution or asset. 

Thanks for the update, Damien!

@LittleDansonGuy, i can pull around the same dps as others, around 15-16k, i go for multistrike and mastery, but can settle for Haste if getting one with both is trublesome. you will get around, i think shamans scale with gear better than some of the other dps so the gab will close at some point.

@Xades

Thanks for that. Good to hear you're getting a little more work done. I know we've always been gear dependent, but it just seems like there is an odd feeling to how the class plays. That easily could be due to the fact that we're working with 630 gear rather than 655-660 though.

My friend and I both play Shamans, he plays Enhancement where I play Elemental.  Both of us are hurting a little bit where the DPS is concerned but it's all really situational.    I will say he's more consistent than I am, however for elemental I can still manage to pull around 15k on some boss fights. Haste while it isn't prioritized should have a minimum cap set because it helps us get our casts off on movement fights.  I am aiming for about 30% before I start building up the other stats, and once the gear helps me reach 30% on it's own I'll start shifting enchants towards multistrike or mastery.  I'm hesitant to dump solely into multistrike simply because of how mastery affects our multistrike damage.  That being said I will probably try out a few different builds to see what works best for my playstyle so I'm not writing anything off yet.  Good Luck to all my fellow Elemental Shamans!

Damien actually said that he contacted the reviewer of the guide a bit late and said he is hoping to get the guide up today actually! 

That being said,  I am 634 now and am still behind most of our other dos in heroic/challenge mode dungeons. i have tried every combo of skills and rotations. We had a shadow priest actually come in at 613 ilvl and crush me in single target dps. Hopefully there is a secret out there that will help us.

The secret is: we suck. There's no secret. Blizzard strikes again.