FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Caldwell

Ret stat priority / Blacksmith or Engineering

Hello.

I haven't decided yet what second professions I would like in WoD, between blacksmith and engineering. Engineering doesn't seem to have new toys that would increase mobility, and blacksmith only provides gear that will be gotten from raids anyway. Any suggestions ?

At the moment haste and other stats are very low. But is it still recommended to reach 50% haste cap for 1 second of GCD ? Also, before WoD I was getting around 43-44% haste, and in raid haste buff gave enough for it to reach 50.6% or something, so rest I put in mastery. Then why would anyone want to get 50% haste cap without the buff ? Many have said to me to still go for haste after 50%. After 50% mastery seems to be best option, isn't it ?

Pre 6.0, the haste buff didnt affect your CDs, so it didnt matter. Now it does, however you shouldnt pay attention to getting 50%, since that wont happen for a while. I'd follow the stat priority that the ret paladin guide says to follow, since that'll be accurate for the low-gear start of WoD.

I don't think professions really matter anymore. Perhaps someone's found something that'll make a difference somehow, but theres no bonuses, and just crafted gear that you'll probably replace before you finish crafting it.

I am more interested in engineering perks such as speed boost and all the nifty toys that enhance agility [ movement ]. But as far as I heard, speed boost shares CD with potions? And it has been nerfed, am I right?

Professions does not matter anymore. They're only there to boost your item progression.

How ever, the ammount of materials you need to craft items is rather high, so chances are you're gonna have something better already by the time you actually gathered all the stuff.

As for stat priority, it seems like 15% haste is our goal at the moment. After that you want to aim for mastery > multistrike/critical strike.

Edited by Afdas