FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Normal Tier 14 Warlock Style

I would love to get some input on Will of the Emperor fight.

I see a lot of warlocks doing crazy damage on this fight but I kinda get stuck at 80k or so. I've tried a couple of different strategies. First one I tried was to be full time on the adds with SB --> SS but that didn't work so well for me. Perhaps I was doing something wrong. The other one was focusing one of the bosses with dots on Strengths mainly. That worked better and resulted in 80k dps. I'll go into details below.

Full time add tries:

Basically I dot everything in sight with SB --> SS and then focus one with MG. I try to get as much dots on the bosses as I can but I can't get as high of an uptime as I want without spending all my time with refreshing. Basically this reduces my MG uptime a lot but increases my DoT uptime. I save DS and the trinket effect for Titan Gas when I'll be standing still for some time. DG is used just before bloodlust (I have the raid leader countdown for it so the DG also gets benefit).

Focus on one of the bosses with occasional dots on the adds:

That's pretty much it, I switch to the boss as soon as they spawn and then throw dots (mainly on strengths) and keep channeling MG and use the dying adds as shard fodder. Cooldowns are used as soon as they're up except for a couple secs of waiting for optimal Haunt usage (which is never more than 2-3 sec). DG right before BL etc.

Now the problem is that I don't think I'm giving my spec's worth of dps with 79k during our last kill. I would really really appreciate a very detailed help for this fight because tab dot tab dot doesn't seem to work very well for me. I see logs with people having 95% uptime on all dots for this fight which is really weird to me because something is bound to fall off with all those adds.

Here's the log from tonight's kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-q0err3s1e9s9wlvx/details/18/?s=14349&e=15068

And here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/earthen-ring/Cracks/advanced

Thanks a lot in advance!

I would love to get some input on Will of the Emperor fight.

I see a lot of warlocks doing crazy damage on this fight but I kinda get stuck at 80k or so. I've tried a couple of different strategies. First one I tried was to be full time on the adds with SB --> SS but that didn't work so well for me. Perhaps I was doing something wrong. The other one was focusing one of the bosses with dots on Strengths mainly. That worked better and resulted in 80k dps. I'll go into details below.

Full time add tries:

Basically I dot everything in sight with SB --> SS and then focus one with MG. I try to get as much dots on the bosses as I can but I can't get as high of an uptime as I want without spending all my time with refreshing. Basically this reduces my MG uptime a lot but increases my DoT uptime. I save DS and the trinket effect for Titan Gas when I'll be standing still for some time. DG is used just before bloodlust (I have the raid leader countdown for it so the DG also gets benefit).

Focus on one of the bosses with occasional dots on the adds:

That's pretty much it, I switch to the boss as soon as they spawn and then throw dots (mainly on strengths) and keep channeling MG and use the dying adds as shard fodder. Cooldowns are used as soon as they're up except for a couple secs of waiting for optimal Haunt usage (which is never more than 2-3 sec). DG right before BL etc.

Now the problem is that I don't think I'm giving my spec's worth of dps with 79k during our last kill. I would really really appreciate a very detailed help for this fight because tab dot tab dot doesn't seem to work very well for me. I see logs with people having 95% uptime on all dots for this fight which is really weird to me because something is bound to fall off with all those adds.

Here's the log from tonight's kill: http://www.worldoflo...s=14349&e=15068

And here's my armory: http://eu.battle.net...Cracks/advanced

Thanks a lot in advance!

Not sure if you noticed, but you YOURSELF had >96% uptime on all DoTs, so I'm not really sure where the weirdness is coming from seeing as how you controlled a Warlock that maintained the exact thing you find weird...

I squeezed out 81k in 10 man normal while 2nd place was around 58kish. The fight just screams at you to play a multi-dot class (Spriest, Afflock, Boomchicken) and unfortunately tab-dot-tab-dot is as elloquent as it comes to explaining how to do this fight. However, just for comparison, I'll give you a detailed run of how the fight progresses for me.

Set Demonic Portal in middle of room. Perform /readycheck

2 Rages come out - SB:SS to both, MG one, DS to replenish shards. Take a sip from my drink.

1 Strength comes out - SB:SS, MG, DS to replenish shards. Change the song on Pandora.

2 Rages come out - SB:SS to both, MG one, DS to replenish shards. Start moving to side where Courage is about to spawn.

1 Courage spawns - run behind him, DoT him, MG, DS to replenish shards. Teleport back to center of room.

2 Rages come out with 1 Strength and bosses - use Dark Soul, SB:SS to both bosses, then to both Rages. MG one Rage, use DS to replenish shards. Kill other Rage. When both are dead, SB:SS both bosses again and focus down Strength.

2 Rages spawn - SB:SS both, MG, DS one to replenish shards. SB:SS both bosses.

1 Strength spawns - SB:SS both, MG, DS one to replenish shards. SB:SS both bosses.

2 Rages spawn - SB:SS both, MG, DS one to replenish shards. Order raid to go kill Courage while I finish last Rage. When 2nd Rage dies, SB:SS both bosses and MG one boss until next wave spawns.

2 Rages + 1 Strength spawn - SB:SS Strength then both Rages, MG and DS one Rage, then the other, then finish Strength. As Titan Gas spawns, pop DS, MANUALLY cast DoTs on both bosses with Dark Soul up, keep Haunt up at 100% on boss you are focusing while maintaining full array of DoTs on the other. When Titan Gas dissipates, stop keeping Haunt up at 100% so you have at least 1 Soul Shard to SB:SS one of the newly spawning Rages. Rinse, lather, and repeat until 4th Titan Gas. At that point, just kill the bosses before adds overwhelm you.

• Like 1

My question concerns shard management on Elegon: Are you guys by and large manually dotting the boss and the celestial defender and saviing shards for seed and the sb:ss on the columns?

My guild is "at Elegon" this week so I have been practicing in raid finder. Even in there I find it difficult to decide when to use shards.

That is very strange, I thought I was stuck on 90% or so on dot uptime. Perhaps I got confused by looking at too many different logs.

Thank you very much for the very detailed rundown of the fight from your end, you gave me some great ideas about Demon Soul usage, I'll try to do my best for next reset. One thing I wanted to say is that you can dot Courages before they put up a shield, which is a second or two window, but it's still nice that you can have your DoTs ticking while you're running in position. Also, I haven't been using teleport at all during the fight, that's very helpful.

To answer spin's question, I pretty much dot everything with SB:SS on Elegon. This does not mean that I refresh an Unstable Affliction which is about to expire by spending a shard. My initial DoTs are always with SB:SS. Be sure to replenish your shards by Drain Souling the add right before it dies. And you should be "fishing" for shards during the fight. Here's how it looks from my end:

Pop dps pot 1 sec before the pull, pop cooldowns (except DG), Haunt and SB:SS on boss. I will always keep channeling until Haunt falls off, it's not uncommon for me to spend 4 shards in the first 30 seconds of the fight, even if I don't get lucky with Nightfalls. Every add the boss spawns is worth 4 shards to you. Having said that, I don't actively dps any of the adds myself. I just dot them up and continue on boss. Perhaps it's our low dps but we kill an add right before Draw Power phase, so I always have 4 shards for that phase. SB:SoC once, and keep SoCing the boss until the wave is dead. Usually I get to full shards just because of Nightfall procs. Whatever happens I keep three shards for doting the three pillars on my side in phase three from the platform.

While waiting for the platform the come back up I put Corruption on everything that I can see and sometimes place a couple of SoCs and switch back to boss as soon as the platform comes up. Do it once more and you're in execute phase :D

• Like 2

On the Elegon fight you use Grim of Sac and Soul link why ? you cant use Soul link if your pets dead

Summon your Voidwalker, toss on Soul Link, then Sacrifice him and see how much more health you gain.

Do the same without Soul Link to compare how much less health you receive.

The increase in hp gained from using soul link aids our other talents like Dark Regen, Mortal Coil, and Healthstones due to their nature of returning HP via our current HP %.

Furthermore, after using the voidwalkers shield (when he is sacrificed) you can also increase your health even MORE, making the aforementioned abilities heal you for that much more! It's really a win win.

• Like 1

On the Elegon fight you use Grim of Sac and Soul link why ? you cant use Soul link if your pets dead

Summon your Voidwalker, toss on Soul Link, then Sacrifice him and see how much more health you gain.

Do the same without Soul Link to compare how much less health you receive.

The increase in hp gained from using soul link aids our other talents like Dark Regen, Mortal Coil, and Healthstones due to their nature of returning HP via our current HP %.

Furthermore, after using the voidwalkers shield (when he is sacrificed) you can also increase your health even MORE, making the aforementioned abilities heal you for that much more! It's really a win win.

The Soul Link talent has nothing to do with whether or not yet pet is alive or sacrificed with Grim of Sac up. You also do NOT need to apply Soul Link before Sacrificing to gain the effect. It automatically incorporates a 20% HP buff with your pet is sacrificed. Your pet isn't really dead...he's become a part of you. Embrace your demonic thirst.

Updated this thread to include ALL bosses in T14. The main list of Warlock threads was getting overwhelming.

Something handy you may wish to add to the Sha of Fear encounter:

If you drop your demonic circle up near the the tank's cirle of light on the main platform, you will be able to port there once every 30 seconds (i.e. once per breath) from almost anywhere on the platform. If you are running around dotting the hell out of the adds he spawns, this is a nice way to ensure you never get caught with your pants down on the breath mechanic, and it increases your uptime on the adds by the ~6 secs of runtime it takes you to hoof it back to the safe zone with 2 stacks of the KC debuff active (which in practice I find is almost always the case).

Edit: Sorry, I see now you did make brief mention of this, I just missed it on my first read-through. /sheepish

When you say you recommend Archimonde's Vengeance in any of the strats, but don't mention it specifically in the strat itself, are you basically saying to just keep it on Passive, or did you forget to say when the best time to click and use the primary ability of it is? Example: Feng

Archimonde's used to be the best raiding option, but the buff to KJC is too good to pass up. I should update all of them to include KJC. To specifically answer, you should just keep that ability on passive. It's not worth the short burst to put the passive on cooldown.

Yes. the other one takes 90% less damage, so pointless wasting the time to cast your dots

Even just corruption to dig for nightfall procs?

Corruption can be used for Nightfall procs, but it'll lower your DPS significantly unless RNG plays into your hands with the extra procs. While it's not really bothersome to the overall DPS picture, some may say your value to your raid group is lessened because instead of the DoTs on your current target taking 100% of your DPS, you'd also have a Corruption ticking for 10% of its potential lowering your actual DPS quite a bit.