FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Thoughts on healing trinkets

i know there is a lot of gear out there right now but just curious what everyone is aiming for pre-raid with respect to trinkets.

Still unsure if I will be running holy or disc at the moment.

Trying to decide if it is worth spending gold on the BoE trinkets or just hope for a lucky garrison drop (have a mission for a 645 trinket waiting for me to complete)

ATM I am shooting for the Static Spirit Trinkets, 636 ofc would be ideal  smile.png   Early on in every tier there are always more mistakes made, some by us the healer and (you know, mostly) by our raid teams in general in respect to mechanics and taking damage.  For that reason I like to start off w/ my max avail Spirit and move away from it as it becomes more apparent that stronger > longer. heh

Voidmaster's Shadowgem is a nice one w/ Spirit and a Crit on use

• Like 2

Yeah, I agree with what Gwenymph said, mainly aiming for spirit trinkets at this point.

Personally I'm going with the Voidmender's Shadowgem as mentioned above and as an alchemist I'm using the alchemy trinket but I might replace that with something else like Rukrhan's Quill from Skyreach but at the moment I'm happy with my two trinkets.

Reason I use the alchemy one despite the lower ilvl is because of the HUGE bonus it gives to mana pots. So I'm content to use that until something better slaps me in the face. 

Currently i have the DMF and the haste/spirit quill.

I would prefer to have the DMF and the shadowgem though.

When they fix the oceanic armorys i will be able to actually link and import my character into things again.

Currently i have the DMF and the haste/spirit quill.

I would prefer to have the DMF and the shadowgem though.

When they fix the oceanic armorys i will be able to actually link and import my character into things again.

You can get the DMF one now? I thought you had to wait until DMF actually came out... which I guess woulda been a bit stupid because you'd have already spent about a week in the raid when that came out.. 

I might have to look into getting the DMF one then.. though, my server being what it is it'll probably be super expensive.

Yeah, I can't wait until they fix the oceanic armourys... not being able to link characters is a pain. 

Yep you no longer need to have a fair active to get the trinket.

Hmm, should probably look into investing into it then... probably not gonna be cheap with my servers screwed up economy :|

It depends on your spec, spell use and content.

If you're doing dungeons, fights are not long enough that spirit will have a significant effect, your initial mana pool and base mana regen will be more than enough to get you through a fight, even when you're spamming FH or using PoH extensively. In longer fights, ie raids, spirit becomes more important since you're relying more on base and spirit regen to have mana than your base mana pool.

Discipline and Holy don't have the same mana expenditure either. Discipline's mana expenditure in raids is going to be markedly higher than holy's, while holy will be doing fine without much spirit in raids.

I'm planning to use Everburning Candle and the DMC trinket as discipline and Tovra's Lightning Repository  and Fleshrender's Meathook as holy(alt).

Edited by Espiee

How about the epic trinkets like Everburning Candle and Winged Hourglass, would they work for disc? While I think that proc chance for crit would be better than spirit, I can't tell yet because the raids aren't open and I didn't play in the beta.

I'm currently using inv_misc_plant_01.jpgLeaf of the Ancient Protectors and spell_lightning_lightningbolt01.jpgTovra's Lightning Repository in my disc spec but I probably need better ones.

Despite the tooltip, Leaf of the Ancient Protectors does proc off healing for 1383 Versatility (heroic version, ilvl 630).  The new itemization makes it a pain to link to the version you mean.  I also have a version of the haste/spirit quill.  I haven't found one that gives me an ideal stat load yet.