FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamtears

gear item level for raids?

I am wondering what our gear item level should be ideally to start raiding for MoP. Since VP has a weekly cap plus the rep requirement, I know it will be crazy to wait untill you can get all rep gear however I do not want to wander into raiding with subpar gear.

As a guild group we tried Stone Guard in average of maybe 450-455 ilvl. We are by no means a skilled grouped (5/8hc DS if that helps) and we got him down to 18%.

With an average group ilvl of 460 ish we downed Stone Guard and made decent progress on Feng. With the JP gear being altered to 458, 450 PvP gear being viable to use to replace greens and Brewfest for trinkets it should be doable to gear up to 460 without too much trouble.

With an average ilvl of 458 for our 10 man, we cleared 3/6. Our average ilvl is now 467 and we made the same progression but all in one night meaning we still have two nights for the highly overrated Spirit Kings and the raid wall, Elegon. The difference between 450 and 463 is HUGE, so keep pushing people to run their heroics. By this time, there's really no reason not to be at least 460 before dabbling into a raid.