FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Earithrandil

Windwalker Priority help

Hi guys! I have a question about CE, and how big of a priority it is in a single target fight.

In 5.2.1 in the Windwalker guide we are told the following:

Regarding Rising Sun Kick, it is important to note that if you are using wow_icon_ability_monk_chiexplosion.jpg Chi Explosion, then it is better to spend Chi on that instead of on Rising Sun Kick. In that case, Rising Sun Kick will only be used as needed to maintain the debuff it applies

Putting CE fairly high in the priority, making us only do RSK to maintain the buff and spend chi on this instead

However in 5.3.8 the following is said

wow_icon_ability_monk_chiexplosion.jpg Chi Explosion causes several alterations to how your abilities should be used. We have covered most of these throughout the guide, but there is one more important one. If you are using Chi Explosion, this ability will replace wow_icon_ability_monk_roundhousekick.jpg Blackout Kick in your single target rotation, and it will become the last in order of priority, to be used only with 3 or more Chi.

Putting it lowest in the priority, under even Chi wave.

So which is it? one of the highest or the very lowest?

Hey, Earithrandil

In a Single Target fight you shouldn't be using Chi Explosion unless you have decent amount of haste. It's only better then Serenity when it's cleave fight, for a ST Fight ONLY Serenity is the way to go.

Does that mean we're going to have to be swapping from CE to Serenity between ST and AOE fights?

Does that mean we're going to have to be swapping from CE to Serenity between ST and AOE fights?

Yes, but to be honest i hate using CE it just feels to clunky for me. I haven't messed around with it too much, For AOE fights i have been using RJW/Serenity/Chi Brew combo which is still really good. Also Stat values changes between both talents:  

Serenity:

MH - 10.83
OH - 5.32
Agi - 5.44
AP - 4.83
Multi - 1.89
Vers - 1.76
Crit - 1.75
Haste - 1.57
Mastery - 0.87

Chi Explosion

MH - 7.21
OH - 3.59
Agi - 5.22
AP - 4.61
Haste - 1.8
Multi - 1.69
Crit - 1.56
Vers - 1.56
Mastery - 0.59

In a Single Target fight you shouldn't be using Chi Explosion unless you have decent amount of haste. It's only better then Serenity when it's cleave fight, for a ST Fight ONLY Serenity is the way to go.

Ah, yes. Should've clarified. What I meant was single target situations in cleave or aoe fights, I've seen them happen in Brackenspore, Tectus, and the Twins all of who are mainly cleave fights and therefore encounters I go Ascension and CE for. (also haste mushrooms on brackenspore). Sometimes we only have one target to hit during them, and I feel like CE just gets, as you said, really clunky and awkward to use at those times.

Serenity and Chi brew might be better still during those fights because of this, I'm not sure, but for the sake of argument let's say they're not.

Would an acceptable single target rotation work somewhat like this:

Keeping Tiger Power up

Keeping RSK debuff up

FoF

TP if >3 Chi and not near energy cap

CE at 3 Chi with proc

Chi wave

CE at 3 Chi

Basically replacing Blackout Kick with CE in the priority list but keeping it at 3 Chi using Tiger Palm, so that no Chi is wasted on unnecessary cleave? Since the damage of Tiger Palm is greater than the added damage of another Chi in CE, it sort of wastes a global but I'm not sure how big of an issue that is as long as energy is not capped?

Edited by Earithrandil

I have not messed around with CE to answer your question. I hate using it to be honest it just feels so clunky and awkward. I'll do some testing this weekend and let you know. 

• Like 1

I really like CE. Easier to get in FoFs, slower gameplay (more time thinking forward regarding upcoming procs and TEB etc).

You still use chi at 4 chi on single target, because the dmg increases per chi.

You still use chi at 4 chi on single target, because the dmg increases per chi.

Yes, but one chi on CE is only 2,076 added damage while a Tiger Palm is 4,731-5,958. (Note: with my current stats) Even with the 50% dot effect from CE, Tiger palm still does more damage per chi spent.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thawn
      Intergalactic is an AOTC/Mythic progression guild now recruiting for Shadowlands raiding and M+.  We are a group of friends who were interested in the fun of raiding while understanding that life responsibilities take precedent. We are a combination of new and returning players from various expansions. While social players are always welcomed, we are more specifically looking for players who are interested in a fun, relaxed environment to progress through content. We do run M+ keys, transmog/gear and achievement runs when possible.
      Intergalactic did not run as a guild during Bfa. We had members getting bored with Bfa content and decided to spend their time on other things. We did do some content with some of the guilds in our community group. Our last guild raids were in Legion. The majority of our core has come back in anticipation for Shadowlands. We are excited to be back as an active guild on Korgath and it's connected realms. We look forward to having you join us!  (Korgath is connected with  Cairne, Cenarius, Frostmane, Ner’zhul, Perenolde, and Tortheldrin.
      What we expect from all of our Members:
      In short, “Be excellent to each other.” We’re not looking for members filled with drama and toxicity. We’re all friends here and while we may not all agree on a particular subject, it can be discussed in a friendly, constructive, and respectful manner. A good sense of humor is a must. We aren’t looking for Members who only log in on raid days. Other events will be on the calendar, as well, and we hope that you’ll sign up and attend.
      What we expect from our Raiders:
      Raiders are to sign up on the calendar for events. If you are going to be late or if you will be unable to attend at the last-minute, please notify the GM, Raid Lead or an Officer as soon as possible.
      Raiders are expected to log in approximately 15 minutes prior to raid start and be outside the raid with consumables and enhancements. We will provide feasts, cauldrons, and repairs. We can provide extra food, enchants, gems when available, all we ask for is either a monetary donation or help with crafting materials.
      Raiders are expected to be prepared with knowledge of raid mechanics, as well as class-specific knowledge. Know your strengths and weaknesses and be willing to openly receive and give helpful constructive criticism when needed.
      Raiders are expected to be progression-oriented, with the understanding that some mechanics/fights may take multiple attempts. We can’t progress through raids without everyone working as a team to try and work through the mechanics.
      Raiders who are capable of playing multiple classes/specs may be asked to switch to a more appropriate character to work through particular mechanics. We maintain a smaller roster and sometimes rotate people in based on fight specifications.
      Raid Days/Times: Wednesday/Friday at 8pm Server/9pm EST, possible carryover on Saturdays
      Roles Needed: Ranged DPS and/or multi-spec players
      We require:
      Discord
      Deadly Boss Mods
      Details! Damage Meter (preferred)
      If you think that we would be a good fit, please send a DM to Northeos, Nanami or Thawn. Or simply add us on Battle Tag.
      Thawn Btag MistFist#1340
      Northeos Btag Northe#1566
      Nanami Btag Tyannah#1566
    • By Shenocide
      Impressive...
    • By Kilexo
      Hey Everyone, 
      So i play a Demon Hunter Lvl 120 with iLVL 464.
      My DPS in dungeons is just so low compared to everyone else and i dont know why. I was in a M8+ earlier and the ilvl 450 Tank was doing more DPS than I was. 
      Any tips? Check out my gear/character, i think its all setup right. I went through the Icy Veins Demon Hunter guide and stat priority etc... Got a rotation, but something isnt right. Im always last on DPS even with 440 ilvl players in the group.

Thanks for reading!
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/silvermoon/fliixy
    • By Narii625
      SERVER: Illidan (Server Time: CT)
      RAID TIMES: Fri/Sat, 6p-10p PST / 8p-12a CT / 9p-1a EST
      PROGRESSION: 10/12M NYA, 8/8M EP (US 198 & Server 19), 9/9M BoD
      PERSONAL LOOT SYSTEM: RCLootCouncil*

*All tradeable loot is distributed using a loot council system. We view gear as a tool to assist in progression and farm, and all loot decisions are made by the officers with the intent to improve our ability to kill future bosses.
      CURRENTLY RECRUITING
      All exceptional RDPS! But in need of the following classes:
      Warlock Balance Druid ABOUT US
      We formed at the beginning of BoD and have achieved Cutting Edge in the major raid tiers since then, and plan to keep doing so throughout the rest of BFA into Shadowlands. We're currently looking for skilled raiders for the current and upcoming raid tiers.
      We provide cauldrons and vantus runes for every raid night. Raiders are expected to bring their own food, pre-pots, and healing pots.
      Our trial period is at minimum a month. Keep in mind that our end-times can be extended by up to one hour for boss progression. You are expected to be able to continue raiding when we choose to extend, so make sure your schedule allows for this.
      GOALS
      We want to establish a group of committed individuals to pursue Mythic content to achieve Cutting Edge. Not at breakneck speed, but at a constant rate of progression.
      EXPECTATIONS
      Our raiders should be willing to put the effort into clearing Mythic raids, as well as doing sufficient prep-work outside of raid. (Leveling your HoA, M+, expeditions, WQs.) You should know when you should be serious and when you can joke around (i.e. joking around on trash or farm bosses vs being serious on progression).
      We try to keep a roster of 21-23 raiders. This is so we have a diverse lineup that can be adjusted for different encounters and is still able to raid on weekends when people are absent. We encourage a 90%+ attendance record. We understand real life happens, but if you are on our roster, we expect you'll commit time to our raid hours and prep requirements.
      JOINING THE BOYS
      Please follow the link below to fill out our app.
      Big Brain Boys Application
      We will reach out to you if we are interested in discussing your application further. If you have questions or concerns, include them in the comments field of the app and we can address them at your interview. Please do not message or add our officers on Bnet to ask about your app status. Thank you!
    • By Chumani
      Inevitable Destiny   (H)Corrupted Destiny guild Skywall/Drak'thul US realm?   Corrupted Destiny IS one of Skywall's oldest and largest standing guilds - very active with a large player base! We’ve always got something going on: mythic dungeons, normal runs for alts, Island Expeditions, Warfronts, Incursions, Transmog runs (aka 'Chu's Shopping Trips), Raiding, Brawler’s guild activities...  Even random activities like fishing at Darkmoon Faire while standing on water and wearing a fish head side by side!! All adult guild 18+ years old. 

Raid-wise we are 9/9 N Dazar'alor and have members with 9/9 H experience. Our raid schedule currently is 5:30pm PST (8:30pm EST) to 9pm PST (11pm EST) Thursday and Monday. (Subject to change as we try to accommodate more members).
      We have an active FB page and Discord server that is up to date on ALL game info as it happens, and of course fun stuff... as it happens as well!
      As always, we are recruiting. Looking for raiders (healers preferred but all are welcome), casuals, in betweens, anyone who is looking for a guild! Do NOT be intimidated to ask to join us even though you are not level 120! Come and join us! We maintain a ZERO drama policy!!
      Come experience the reason a guild as old as CD continues to stand and stand strong year after year after year! Come...... and get.... CORRUPTED!!!
      Chu#12466 - Wanheda#11925