Earithrandil

Windwalker Priority help

Sign in to follow this  

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys! I have a question about CE, and how big of a priority it is in a single target fight.

In 5.2.1 in the Windwalker guide we are told the following:

Regarding Rising Sun Kick, it is important to note that if you are using wow_icon_ability_monk_chiexplosion.jpg Chi Explosion, then it is better to spend Chi on that instead of on Rising Sun Kick. In that case, Rising Sun Kick will only be used as needed to maintain the debuff it applies

Putting CE fairly high in the priority, making us only do RSK to maintain the buff and spend chi on this instead

However in 5.3.8 the following is said

wow_icon_ability_monk_chiexplosion.jpg Chi Explosion causes several alterations to how your abilities should be used. We have covered most of these throughout the guide, but there is one more important one. If you are using Chi Explosion, this ability will replace wow_icon_ability_monk_roundhousekick.jpg Blackout Kick in your single target rotation, and it will become the last in order of priority, to be used only with 3 or more Chi.

Putting it lowest in the priority, under even Chi wave.

So which is it? one of the highest or the very lowest?

Hey, Earithrandil

In a Single Target fight you shouldn't be using Chi Explosion unless you have decent amount of haste. It's only better then Serenity when it's cleave fight, for a ST Fight ONLY Serenity is the way to go.

Edited by Dolzzy
  • Like 1

Hey, Earithrandil

In a Single Target fight you shouldn't be using Chi Explosion unless you have decent amount of haste. It's only better then Serenity when it's cleave fight, for a ST Fight ONLY Serenity is the way to go.

Does that mean we're going to have to be swapping from CE to Serenity between ST and AOE fights?

Does that mean we're going to have to be swapping from CE to Serenity between ST and AOE fights?

Yes, but to be honest i hate using CE it just feels to clunky for me. I haven't messed around with it too much, For AOE fights i have been using RJW/Serenity/Chi Brew combo which is still really good. Also Stat values changes between both talents:  

Serenity:

MH - 10.83
OH - 5.32
Agi - 5.44
AP - 4.83
Multi - 1.89
Vers - 1.76
Crit - 1.75
Haste - 1.57
Mastery - 0.87

Chi Explosion

MH - 7.21
OH - 3.59
Agi - 5.22
AP - 4.61
Haste - 1.8
Multi - 1.69
Crit - 1.56
Vers - 1.56
Mastery - 0.59

Ah, yes. Should've clarified. What I meant was single target situations in cleave or aoe fights, I've seen them happen in Brackenspore, Tectus, and the Twins all of who are mainly cleave fights and therefore encounters I go Ascension and CE for. (also haste mushrooms on brackenspore). Sometimes we only have one target to hit during them, and I feel like CE just gets, as you said, really clunky and awkward to use at those times.

Serenity and Chi brew might be better still during those fights because of this, I'm not sure, but for the sake of argument let's say they're not.

Would an acceptable single target rotation work somewhat like this:

Keeping Tiger Power up

Keeping RSK debuff up

FoF

TP if >3 Chi and not near energy cap

CE at 3 Chi with proc

Chi wave

CE at 3 Chi

Basically replacing Blackout Kick with CE in the priority list but keeping it at 3 Chi using Tiger Palm, so that no Chi is wasted on unnecessary cleave? Since the damage of Tiger Palm is greater than the added damage of another Chi in CE, it sort of wastes a global but I'm not sure how big of an issue that is as long as energy is not capped?

Edited by Earithrandil

I have not messed around with CE to answer your question. I hate using it to be honest it just feels so clunky and awkward. I'll do some testing this weekend and let you know. 

• Like 1

I really like CE. Easier to get in FoFs, slower gameplay (more time thinking forward regarding upcoming procs and TEB etc).

You still use chi at 4 chi on single target, because the dmg increases per chi.

You still use chi at 4 chi on single target, because the dmg increases per chi.

Yes, but one chi on CE is only 2,076 added damage while a Tiger Palm is 4,731-5,958. (Note: with my current stats) Even with the 50% dot effect from CE, Tiger palm still does more damage per chi spent.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By taldorblackfire
      Hey everyone,
      So, I think my problem is my gear as I have been trying to rack my brain on why my dps is not that great in raids. Some of it I admit is probably not sticking 100% to my rotation, but any help/suggestions would definitely be appreciated.
      You can find the analyzer for the most recent log here: https://wowanalyzer.com/report/4K3dCR86gfMv2Njt/2-LFR+Antoran+High+Command/Darkbriar

Thanks in advance! 😎
    • By Narii625
      SERVER: Illidan
      RAID TIMES: Fridays & Sundays 10pm - 1am Server Time.
      PROGRESSION: 2/11M
      CURRENTLY RECRUITING*
      Tank All DPS (Healer offspec preferred but not required) Possibly accepting other roles! ABOUT US
      Now recruiting for BFA!
      Currently looking for skilled and laid back Tank & DPS for the upcoming expansion.
      We're semi-casual in terms of the time we spend raiding, but are serious about progression, attendance, and performance.
      Booty Pirates is a close-knit late night guild that hangs out in Discord frequently. We enjoy joking around, playing alts, doing Mythic+, playing other games, or just hanging out. 
      Fun guild events are scheduled often!
      Overall, we're very social with guild members that actually talk to each other.
      (18+ required, we talk like pirates!)
      GOALS FOR BFA
      In Battle for Azeroth we plan to push Mythic more than we did previously in Legion, and not spend nearly as much time on Heroic. 
      This means we will jump into Mythic/Heroic weekends as soon as the majority of the Heroic gear is done. (Mythic Friday and Heroic Sunday, for example, until we phase Heroic out completely.) 
      SCHEDULE UNTIL BFA**
      Fridays currently mandatory for core raiders for a partial Heroic clear.
      Sundays reserved for non-mandatory misc WoW activities (M+, leveling alts for BFA etc.) or other non-WoW related events.
      If ilvl is high enough, you can join for Friday (950+) and Sunday on any character, not just the one you want to play in BFA.
                *The class you play in BFA can be different from what you play now; we will be flexible until the expansion hits.
                **Schedule subject to changes.
      JOINING THE BOOTY PIRATES CREW
      Make sure to add me on Battle.net and/or fill out our short 6 question app to join us. We look forward to speaking with you!
      Start the app here! 
      Battle.net ID: LadyPluu#1299
    • By Chumani
      Inevitable Destiny   (H)Corrupted Destiny guild Skywall/Drak'thul US realm😎 The alliance are coming.... It is an 'inevitable destiny'. DONT fight alone.... Come and stand with us as ONE.... We are HORDE... We are CORRUPTED! Open recruiting for BfA... we are currently 4/11 Mythic Antorus 11/11 Heroic. Raiding schedule for BfA-
      Sun/Tues/Thurs  630-930 pst  Progression Mon will be Alt/Casual raid  Currently fridays are reserved for keys although everyday in guild is 'key day' 😛
      CD is one of THE oldest guilds on Skywall and still massively active and standing! Come find out why! Come join our family!
      Come.... Get.... CORRUPTED! 😎
      Chu@12466 - Deni#1743
    • By Buksh
      Hi all,
      Im not sure where to post this but im hoping someone can help or at least point me in the right direction.
      TL;DR - My DPS is awful and i want to increase it
      I played fire & frost spec back in cata upto 85 and have recently got back into WoW again and finally realised what people talk about when they play "end game" i wish id known about raiding sooner!
      However, My DPS isnt great at all im eq 959 ilvl but my DPS comes out as low as 8-900 sometimes or i can hold a steady 1.1-1.2M. Simc comes out around 1.7M (obviously in a perfect world) but i still feel im doing something wrong.
      Ive watched videos, read forums and im sure my rotation is right. Im using Flask, Food and Runes and Pre-potting. I have some logs here of garothi.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XRqCaL6jFVpW9MnG#fight=5&type=summary&source=23&view=events
      and this is my Raider.io - https://raider.io/characters/eu/twisting-nether/Buksh
      Not sure if ive posted this in the right place OR if ive given enough info to help. but anything would be hugely appreciated.
    • By Riotzin
      <Pickle Palace> is a recently formed guild on Illidan, but is made up of veteran players who wanted to take a step back from semi-hardcore raiding. We are currently raiding Mythic Antorus (9/11), with our goal being to finish it out before the end of the expansion. Our community is actively playing outside of raid time, pushing M+ and hanging out on discord.

We raid on a 2 day schedule. Our raid days are Tuesday and Wednesday 9-12 EST. And will be adding a 3rd raid day for BfA! (Thursday or Monday)

We are currently recruiting,

All Exceptional Ranged DPS
      &
      Shaman w/ offpsec heals

Expectations
      Have a great attitude every night. Be prepared for every raid; this includes purchasing consumables and studying encounter strategies. We provide feast/codex/flasks other consumables are your responsibility Zero tolerance policy for criticizing others' performance. Officers will take care of it, worry about yourself and yourself only. Be critical of your performance and take time outside of raiding hours to analyze warcraftlogs for personal improvement. Have fun. We love playing with each other in a friendly, team-oriented, boss-crushing atmosphere -- and you should too! Must be able to tolerate adult language
      If you are interested in joining <Pickle Palace> please contact,

Codesta#1454 (Codestâ) - GM
      Fellife#1994 (Gakdh) - Officer
      FrostyDog#155103 (Riotzen) - Raid Lead