Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Earithrandil

Windwalker Priority help

10 posts in this topic

Hi guys! I have a question about CE, and how big of a priority it is in a single target fight.

In 5.2.1 in the Windwalker guide we are told the following:

Regarding Rising Sun Kick, it is important to note that if you are using wow_icon_ability_monk_chiexplosion.jpg Chi Explosion, then it is better to spend Chi on that instead of on Rising Sun Kick. In that case, Rising Sun Kick will only be used as needed to maintain the debuff it applies

Putting CE fairly high in the priority, making us only do RSK to maintain the buff and spend chi on this instead

However in 5.3.8 the following is said

wow_icon_ability_monk_chiexplosion.jpg Chi Explosion causes several alterations to how your abilities should be used. We have covered most of these throughout the guide, but there is one more important one. If you are using Chi Explosion, this ability will replace wow_icon_ability_monk_roundhousekick.jpg Blackout Kick in your single target rotation, and it will become the last in order of priority, to be used only with 3 or more Chi.

Putting it lowest in the priority, under even Chi wave.

So which is it? one of the highest or the very lowest?

Hey, Earithrandil

In a Single Target fight you shouldn't be using Chi Explosion unless you have decent amount of haste. It's only better then Serenity when it's cleave fight, for a ST Fight ONLY Serenity is the way to go.

Edited by Dolzzy
1 person likes this

Hey, Earithrandil

In a Single Target fight you shouldn't be using Chi Explosion unless you have decent amount of haste. It's only better then Serenity when it's cleave fight, for a ST Fight ONLY Serenity is the way to go.

Does that mean we're going to have to be swapping from CE to Serenity between ST and AOE fights?

Does that mean we're going to have to be swapping from CE to Serenity between ST and AOE fights?

Yes, but to be honest i hate using CE it just feels to clunky for me. I haven't messed around with it too much, For AOE fights i have been using RJW/Serenity/Chi Brew combo which is still really good. Also Stat values changes between both talents:  

Serenity:

MH - 10.83
OH - 5.32
Agi - 5.44
AP - 4.83
Multi - 1.89
Vers - 1.76
Crit - 1.75
Haste - 1.57
Mastery - 0.87

Chi Explosion

MH - 7.21
OH - 3.59
Agi - 5.22
AP - 4.61
Haste - 1.8
Multi - 1.69
Crit - 1.56
Vers - 1.56
Mastery - 0.59

Ah, yes. Should've clarified. What I meant was single target situations in cleave or aoe fights, I've seen them happen in Brackenspore, Tectus, and the Twins all of who are mainly cleave fights and therefore encounters I go Ascension and CE for. (also haste mushrooms on brackenspore). Sometimes we only have one target to hit during them, and I feel like CE just gets, as you said, really clunky and awkward to use at those times.

Serenity and Chi brew might be better still during those fights because of this, I'm not sure, but for the sake of argument let's say they're not.

Would an acceptable single target rotation work somewhat like this:

Keeping Tiger Power up

Keeping RSK debuff up

FoF

TP if >3 Chi and not near energy cap

CE at 3 Chi with proc

Chi wave

CE at 3 Chi

Basically replacing Blackout Kick with CE in the priority list but keeping it at 3 Chi using Tiger Palm, so that no Chi is wasted on unnecessary cleave? Since the damage of Tiger Palm is greater than the added damage of another Chi in CE, it sort of wastes a global but I'm not sure how big of an issue that is as long as energy is not capped?

Edited by Earithrandil

I have not messed around with CE to answer your question. I hate using it to be honest it just feels so clunky and awkward. I'll do some testing this weekend and let you know. 

1 person likes this

I really like CE. Easier to get in FoFs, slower gameplay (more time thinking forward regarding upcoming procs and TEB etc).

You still use chi at 4 chi on single target, because the dmg increases per chi.

You still use chi at 4 chi on single target, because the dmg increases per chi.

Yes, but one chi on CE is only 2,076 added damage while a Tiger Palm is 4,731-5,958. (Note: with my current stats) Even with the 50% dot effect from CE, Tiger palm still does more damage per chi spent.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MayorMayo
      Howdy howdy!

Requisite armory link: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Mayo/simple Requisite most recent parse: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/93755/latest Am I following the Icy Veins rotation? Yup, for the most part, unless I have a brain fart. With that out of the way, I want to start by saying that I’m not unsatisfied by my DPS, but I know that I can do more / do better. 
      I’ve got two of the best legendaries (Ashes to Dust & Chain of Thrayn), two of what I think are the best trinkets. I’ve got the Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid (880) and the Entwined Elemental Foci (890) but don’t use them currently because my sims are showing Convergence of Fates (895) & Might of Krosus (895) being ~7-10k higher, but I’m very open to hearing if maybe the sims aren’t as accurate as I’d like to think they are.
      I’m just... stuck on how to get there. I was hoping that I could get some sage advice from other paladins in here.
      All of your thoughts are most appreciated.
      Thanks,
      Mayo 
    • By Bowers2194
      <Mors Certa>
      Sargeras (PvP-CST)
      Chicago Datacenter
      www.morscerta.com

About Us
      We’re a Mythic raiding guild of close friends looking to meet new people and have fun, all while progressing at a steady pace.
      We offer a competitive raiding atmosphere on a very minimal schedule.  Raiding only 9 hours a week and being competitive is a tough task, so we want people who are not only reliable, but know how to make the most of a short period of time.
      Past progression included pre-patch kill of Mu’ru, Kil’jaeden, Yogg-Saron (0 Light), Algalon, Anub-arak, Lich King, Cho’gall, Sinestra, Deathwing, Lei Shen, Ra-den, and Garrosh.

Raid Times
      Tuesday-Thursday 10PM-1AM CST (server time) or 8-11PM PST. 
      Only NINE hours a week!!!

Progression
      Emerald Nightmare (7/7 Mythic)
      Trial of Valor (3/3 Heroic)
      Nighthold (1/10 Mythic, 10/10 Heroic)

Recruitment Needs
      Healer
      --Druid
      Melee DPS
      --any competitive, high DPS
      Ranged DPS
      --any competitive, high DPS

**All quality players regardless of class will ALWAYS be considered**

What We’re Looking For
      -Be reliable – show up to raids on time on a consistent basis.
      -Understand your class- knowing when to swap to a different talent for a specific fight can often push a raid group over the top. Knowing when to play fire instead of arcane, or survival instead of marks is also a very important quality.  This included all hybrid classes that have damage and healing specs.
      -Experience, skill and gear – We are looking for people wo want to progress seriously and have a capability to play your class to a high level. We expect applicants to have combat logs to prove this as well.
      -Attitude – We have a fairly laid back raid atmosphere, but you must be willing to accept criticism.  If you are told you are messing up repeatedly, it is nothing personal, but we may sit you for the fight to get a kill.
      -Outside raid participation – Artifact power and legendries are two systems put in place in Legion that have an impact on raiding.  We are looking for raiders that perform their own player progression outside of raids (mythic+, artifact power farming, etc.) We do not require our raiders to be at 54 traits, but each raider must actively pursue this goal. 
      -Having an alt is a bonus, but by no means required.

What We Offer
      -A competitive raid environment
      -A stable guild that has existed for many years
      -Other friendly players with multiple classes to socialize and play with

Contact Info
      If any of this interests you at all, please feel free to contact us in game or on our website.
      We DO NOT do formal applications. After an interview on Discord, we will set you up with a try out during our farm run.  In the end, it’s your play that should decide whether you get into the guild or not. 
      www.morscerta.com (most website purposes are now run through our Discord)
      Battle tags: chimi#1777, chomp#1748 or chrisbowers#1297
    • By Avayl
      Hey guys, we're a newly formed guild on Stormrage alliance. Most of our leadership transferred over here from a heavy progression mythic guild just to run something a bit more casual and be a part of something a bit less dramatic. Although we're quite laid back we will still be looking to progress quickly through normal, heroic, and later on mythic NH. Not a super hard push, more about having fun and killing bosses than world/server firsts. That said we do still expect you to be prepared, on time, and skilled at your class/spec.
      Progression raids are on Saturdays and Sundays, We are looking for 875+. There is also a more casual raid on Fridays that does normal.
      Saturday and Sunday 6pm EST until 10pm EST.
      Friday starts at 10pm EST. 865+
      Class needs:
      Melee DPS - DK, Ret Pally, Warrior, Rogue
      Ranged DPS - Shadow Priest
      Healers - Druid
      Any dps that has an offspec tank is a huge plus!
      We're a tight knit guild and run +'s and Kara all the time. Always have things on calendar and discord is very active.
      If this seems like a good fit for you please contact me here or one of our officers in game.
      Purake- Parker#1401
      Zeraphel (GM)- Yami#11320
      Adorno- Steamsh0vel#1446
    • By Ririxia
      ABOUT US
      We Tried is a mythic progression raiding guild formed by an ambitious raid leader seeking like minded, progression oriented players who would work together towards clearing the latest content while it is still considered relevant. After suffering some roster issues, We Tried merged with Procrastination in late December 2016 and together we have fully cleared Emerald Nightmare Mythic within just two weeks.
      OUR PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS & FUTURE GOALS
      Although we have since slowed down, we are proud ourselves of holding the realm 27th Nythendra Mythic and 24th Elerathe Renferal Mythic kills.
      Today we are actively working towards forming a raid team that would be able to attain our previous glory and compete on a realm wide level.
      CURRENTLY RECRUITING
      Frost DK
      BM/MM Hunter
      Retri Paladin
      Shadow Priest
      Elemental & Resto Shaman
      Arms/Fury Warrior
      *Applications from exceptional players will always be considered regardless of recruitment status*
      RAID TIMES
      Wednesday 20.30 - 23.00
      Thursday 20.00 - 23.00
      Sunday 20.00 - 23.00
      IDEAL RECRUIT
      Our ideal recruits are players who are passionate about the game and about progress. Each raider is expected to do whatever they can to improve their skills outside of the raiding environment and pull their own weight within the raid.
      We are looking for mythic ready players who, without fail, know the tactics for every boss prior to entering the instance; have solid knowledge of their class and continuously strive to improve themselves; have a near 100% attendance rating; are prepared to wipe often on progression nights and can not only take the constructive criticism that comes their way but are also able to give constructive criticism back, as well as share new ideas and approaches relevant to the content we are clearing at the time.
      CONTACT & INFO
      If you have any questions or concerns you're welcome to contact me in game (Ririxia#2172) or on Discord (Ririxia#1469). You can find more info about our guild, guidelines, raiding policies, trials and the loot system, as well as apply on our website - http://we-tried.enjin.com
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - 5 or more Mythic boss kills.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Druid: Balance.
      Hunter: BM/MM.
      Priest: Shadow.
      Warlock: Affli/Destro.

Any and all applications be considered.