FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zaebos

Demo lack of dps

So I went demo, after a few attempts of dungeons I realized my damage was no very good so I once again decided to come here, after going over my logs myself, I noticed my dot uptimes were low, but I would like more tips, and thoughts of what you guys do to improve

Log: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/a1AbFGMw2dHk3KB7/#type=damage-done&boss=0&source=7

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Zaebos/advanced

Edited by Zaebos

So first thing's first: fuck you and the font you rode in on.

Looks to me like your biggest issue is really poor management of dot up times. Witherbark they're a little subpar, and your DPS is good. Xeri they're god awful, and your DPS shows. But I just gave them a quick skim from vaca.

So I went demo, after a few attempts of dungeons I realized my damage was no very good so I once again decided to come here, after going over my logs myself, I noticed my dot uptimes were low, but I would like more tips, and thoughts of what you guys do to improve

Log: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/a1AbFGMw2dHk3KB7/#type=damage-done&boss=0&source=7

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Zaebos/advanced

I looked at the arch mage sol fight: Besides the mentioned dot uptimes, you have to work on your spell priority and HoG usage. The first 2 charges of HoG went pretty well, then you used 1 completely alone and forgot about HoG for about 30 seconds. then you used both charges immediately, effectively wasting HoG uptime and therefore fury gain.

You used shadowbolt 10 seconds before the fight ended. At this time the boss should definitely be under 25 %, so use soulfire.

You used AD with glyph on a very short fight, which means a huge loss of 10 seconds uptime on DS(40 sec vs 30 sec). The fight length wouldn´t have allowed more than 3 times the demonbolt foursome, but I hugely doubt you could afford a third time fury-wise, so 2 usages of DS is all you need.

You could have used wrath storm directly at the beginning for a possible third use. 

After all you lacked either the mastery or haste buff. Besides buff food, flasks and pots, this should also buff your dps. I have to mention that my remarks depend hugely on the fact that you somehow know the kill time will be short, but for the 4th boss in an instance, you had some time to evaluate the dps of your fellow dungeon mates.

I looked at the arch mage sol fight: Besides the mentioned dot uptimes, you have to work on your spell priority and HoG usage. The first 2 charges of HoG went pretty well, then you used 1 completely alone and forgot about HoG for about 30 seconds. then you used both charges immediately, effectively wasting HoG uptime and therefore fury gain.

You used shadowbolt 10 seconds before the fight ended. At this time the boss should definitely be under 25 %, so use soulfire.

You used AD with glyph on a very short fight, which means a huge loss of 10 seconds uptime on DS(40 sec vs 30 sec). The fight length wouldn´t have allowed more than 3 times the demonbolt foursome, but I hugely doubt you could afford a third time fury-wise, so 2 usages of DS is all you need.

You could have used wrath storm directly at the beginning for a possible third use. 

After all you lacked either the mastery or haste buff. Besides buff food, flasks and pots, this should also buff your dps. I have to mention that my remarks depend hugely on the fact that you somehow know the kill time will be short, but for the 4th boss in an instance, you had some time to evaluate the dps of your fellow dungeon mates.

I am curious why to use Soulfire below 25% Health?

I'm still learning the ropes to Demo myself but you have a passive that grants you a stack of molten core any time you Soulfire someone who is below 25% hp, therefore making it free in a sense

I am curious why to use Soulfire below 25% Health?

Because below 25% health you always get a Soulfire with Molten Core buff, i.e. reduced cast time(lower than shadow bolt) and mana cost.

Edit: As KKillroyV2 already mentioned, demo got a passive for that ;)

Edited by Desos
  • Like 1