GhostFrag1

Pvp Class for a New PvPer?

Sign in to follow this  

4 posts in this topic

I have recently been on WoW and have been wanting to do PvP for a short while now. The only thing is I can't quite get my head around what class to try out for someone new? I want one that is fun and can deal a fair bit of damage so isn't too weak. I have been thinking Druid (druid also for maybe some soloing of raids) but then I start looking at other classes for PvP so I can't quite decide. Any help will be appreciated, thanks! 

All classes have some learning curve when it comes to doing your role. The Proving Grounds cover some of the aspects you will need in PvP like either CCing the Healer, or to focusing him down first.  You should play with the class you are most familiar with.

But doing PvP has its own learning curves aswell, for example the setup you are playing: Arena and Battleground.

In Arena you will not be rezz'ed by a spirit healer once you die, so die'ing is a huge penalty, and in Battlegrounds you will be rezz'ed by a spirit healer, so you can sacrifice yourself to be a decoy.

Also, keep in mind you are facing other players. For one: You will know that they can be one of the ~34 Spec+Class combinations. Knowing what each of these combinations can do (Major damage/defensive spells and Crowd Controls) is also part of the learning curve.

You should play with the class you are most familiar with.

I disagree with this. While it is true that focusing on one class, especially as a more casual player, is better than rolling a new character every 10 seconds when it comes to success in rated environments, it is not mandatory at all. Though this example does not apply here: What if the class you played for 4 seasons suddenly gets a class change in the new expansion and you stop to like it? Should you keep playing it, because you are most familiar with it? I think not.

In the end, it's important to have fun in PvP. Whether that fun constitutes liking the class and gameplay or climbing the ladder is another matter, but if you care about the former more than the latter, I'd suggest you watch some streams and see for yourself which class's gameplay you like most. After all, we can't make the choice for you. 

• Like 1

There are two main choices : going melee or range. And i think that is purely down to style-preference. I prefer melee classes and among melee, having played paladin, warrior, rogue, and druid, I think warrior and paladin are easier and fairly survivable.

If you prefer to go range, I have limited experience but IMO, you can't go wrong by picking hunter.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By warsongministries
      The clock is ticking ladies and gentlemen.  In these dark hours we are fighting off Armageddon on a dozen fronts. It is easy to be weary and it is easy to forget purpose.
      My name is Reverend John Hagee and I am the seventh son of the seventh son. 
      I have come to bring you a holy message engraved upon my very soul by the light. Evil exists; it is has been recorded in the books of history. Written in the blood of our families who have died fighting the unholy horde. We cannot hide from this evil, it has shaped us.  It has become part of who we are.  My grandfather fell fighting at the dark portal in the first war and my father fell fighting the undead in Stratholme. My family has served the light with a fiery faith for generations.  And I know one day the light will see fit to call me home from the field of battle and so shall my sons take up the holy banners of the alliance and meet the cowardly horde on the fields of battle. 
      Arthas tried to consume our world with his undead masses.  Deathwing shattered the very grounds of Azeroth.  The Iron Horde tried to accomplish when the Azerothian horde have always been too weak to do, annihilate us all. We are living in age of enemies. There is the savage inhuman orc that drank of the demon’s blood before invading and slaughtering our kin.  The forsaken whose souls are so twisted they no longer feel the light, who are led by the banshee queen who soul is owed to the old god Yogg Saron. The once great tauren, an old race that is supposed to guardian nature yet allies itself with corruptions of nature!  The trolls who so readily excepted the horde..who have been the enemies of humans and elves alike for more than an age. We are living in age of enemies. Surrounded and attacked on all sides.
      I have served the light all my long and weary life.  I have come to the conclusion that while we idolize its ideals we have missed its personification that dwells amongst us.  Surely, the night elf goddess Elune is the very manifestation of the light we worship.  Elune is herself is a goddess of the light, shining on us and guiding us in the dark hours.  How many times has her power been manifest when we need it the most? How many wounds mended by the night elf sisters that serve Elune?  Is it not she who cleansed the soul of the fallen dragon aspect Ysera?  The dreamer who had been our ally for countless fights fallen by the legion but cleansed by the might of Elune!
      If we accept Elune as the lights will incarnate, then you must accept that the Night Elves have a sacred place within our faith. We must provide support to this conflict for they are Elune’s chosen people.  What we do for them, we do for ourselves. They are a race brought into existence by Elune, blessed by Elune.
      In Ashenvale the horde rears its head, destroying the sacred forests of Night Elves.  It is an ever-growing struggle between our allies, the forces of good and the horde, the corrupting darkness that consumes our world.  In the bellies of Warsong Gultch the great evil of our time struggles against our persecuted brethren, the Silverwing Sentinels.  If there is one thing I can make clear it is that Elune has chosen the Night Elves as her people and we have chosen ourselves to be there allies. To the savage horde know this, we shall meet you on the fields of battle and you shall know the power of a mighty god.  We will be the tool that smites you and washes your stain from this land.  We shall condemn you to the ravaging maw of the twisting nether. I call all those who serve the light to answer the needy call of the Night Elves. Alliance, I call on you.

For the advocates of peace remember this, to see evil and call it anything other than evil, is to be evil.

Okay, probably bad rp attempt aside, <warsong ministries> is looking to build some twink teams.  I ran a 19 guild called <I found the flag honest> prior to the separation of the brackets and only recently discovered twinking was viable again.  I personally run 19s, 60s, and am working on a 99.  I have a few other 60s and 19s in guild but would like to expand.  If you have a homeless twink or want to build one, please consider rolling on Khaz Modan or Azjol nerub and joining us.  Any bracket welcome as well as mains.  I will help you get set up in any bracket to the best of my ability. catch me in game under Johnhagee, historical, absolution, moonseed, or undying. or just add the battletag omega#1452

This Alliance will disintegrate if we do not come together and drive away the demons, whatever form they take.
    • By Frostjin
      <Currently Online> US - Sargeras - Alliance and US - Illidan - Horde - Is recruiting raiders for all difficulties, and social/casual players of all levels!
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      About Us:
      <Currently Online> Founded 2014 by a core group that has been playing World of Warcraft since Vanilla. Currently Online has since evolved to far more than a guild; we are a full scale gaming community with our roots in World of Warcraft. 
      _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      What We Offer: 
      The largest and most active World of Warcraft community in the world, with over 9,000 members across 9 guilds (6 Alliance, 3 Horde), we offer a huge slate of activities to our players, both in WoW and out...
      Raiding: 
      7/7 M EN, 2/3 M ToV, 7/10 M NH, and 6/9 M ToS Progression 12 Raid Teams - ranging from Casual to Mythic Progression See the teams and their needs on our website: http://currentlyonline.gg/raiding
      PvP:
      4 RBG Teams Countless members always looking for BGs and arenas! Learn more about our PvP offerings on our website: http://currentlyonline.gg/rbgs
      For Socials:
      Always active guild chat - 6 guilds linked with the add-on Greenwall on Alliance, and 3 on Horde. In-game activities and competitions: XMog Contests, PvP Events, Mythic+ Spams, Achievement Runs, Alt Raids, Yolo BGs, and more! Bi-Weekly In-Game Lottery! New Member Orientations! Come make some new friends! Room for advancement as an officer. Out of WoW:
      Private Gaming Servers such as Minecraft & 7DaysToDie Destiny 2 Clan Steam Group FFXIV Company Rust Clan Always active Discord w/ thousands of users Drinking Nights Monthly Giveaways _______________________________________________________________________________________________
      To Join:
      If you find yourself on Sargeras Alliance or Illidan Horde, simply "/who Currently Online" and ask for an invite! If you're not on one of our realms yet, let us know on our website and we'll keep your seat warm!
      http://currentlyonline.gg/join 
      Contact Us: 
      You can contact us by Btag, or email as listed below.
      Add one of the following officers to your Btag:
      Coldcrow#1329
      Joberty#7753
      OR
      Email us at:
      Coldcrow@currentlyonline.gg
      Swampage@currentlyonline.gg
      We hope to see everyone in game!

• By Wolfieee
      Hello!
      I was wondering how I could improve my damage to log higher as a feral! My armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/silvermoon/wólfíé
      and all of my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/silvermoon/wólfíé
      I usually maintain bleeds 95+% of the time and don't waste combo points, I cast tigers fury and open with rake, ashmane's then shred and rip (I skip the extra shred if I get 2 combo points from rake)  then I just shred and fbite spam (and making sure to use trinkets on cd) What should I change to log 95+?
      I have legendary gloves and wrists for feral if I should change legendaries. 
      thanks in advance!
    • By Abradolf
      Hi all,
      I'm currently playing a restro druid mainly for Raid - Mythic +
      Can somebody explain to me; especially for raids, why my HPS is very low compared to the other healers.
      I'm currently going with 936 gs - Shoulder Leg & Finger Leg (2nd talent in lvl75)
      Crit 19%
      Haste 21%
      Mastery 27%
      Versatility 2%
      All of my items habe atleast Mastery - even 8 Items Mastery & Haste.
      Nevertheless I'm unable to compete in HPS during raids HC + Mythic.
      Maybe it's something related to my rota - my current play style is:
      - Lifeboom on tank combined with cenarion ward & rejuvenation.
      - Dotting all others with rejuvenation
      - Effloresecence somewhere at meeles
      - wild growth as soon as multipe dmg mostly combined then with flourish
      - tranquility for heavy aoe
      - swiftmed for heavy heals
      etc...

The problem is, even with this I cannot heal more than 400 - 600hps while the other healers are going with 1 mio hps.
      Maybe someone can explain my mistake.

Thanks

• By kidglock34
      I figured I'd do a Part 2 of this since I've managed to move from having never tanked before to now I can't get enough of it. 
      I've noticed a few things and wanted as much input as I can get. What has struck me so far is the lack of healers running PUGs at the lvl 60-ish area. It takes forever to get a PUG group together and I haven't been able to keep a healer with us more than 1 run through. I've made some DPS friends through PUGs which is pretty cool, but what is up with the healers???
      The second thing is how my damage relates to a few other classes at about the same level. I'm currently lvl 67. I'm able to hold aggro nearly most of the time. I have some PUG members than have a pet with taunt or something but for the most part I am good to go. What I will see are Death Knights and some Warlock/Mages that seem to be doing crazy damage while only being a level or 2 higher than I am. Is that normal or am I undergeared? I haven't quite downloaded a damage meter just yet but from watching the health bar on the enemies I've noticed that those 2 can do some big damage by themselves! So is it a gear issue with me, is it just the nature of their class at that level or are they over-geared with extra goodies figuring their main has helped pay for their current state of their equipment? And with that, any recommendations or just hang in there until I get much higher level when better equipment appears? I have Heirloom for my chest, back, shoulders, weapon and trinkets. I haven't really found any quest gear or dungeon drops that is better that what I have now.
      I can't say Thank You enough to everybody that posted advice and encouragement in my first thread. It was very helpful and I've taken a lot of it to heart and put it to work. I have had so much fun doing this...as like most things in life you are leery of...once you try it you only regret NOT doing it sooner.