FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Grahmrook

Healing Trinkets

From reading all the topics on Shaman healing, the impression I am getting is at the moment, spirit is not something to be overly concerned about on gear.  With that said, is Winged Hourglass worth the investment? 

Also, with the apparent de-valuation of spirit on gear, looking at the highmaul loot table, do I want to roll Elemental for terms of ring/neck/trinket? (We are doing personal loot for the first couple of weeks.) 

A curiosity question, why is AMR weighted Int > Spirit > Mastery > Haste > etc., when it more seems we are treating Spirit as tertiary. 

I am trying to make an informed decision before we walk into raid for the first time tonight, but also want to invest in the future. 

Here is my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/llane/Nitzi/advanced

With my gear spec'd at AMR's BiB with the exception of the multistrike gem in gloves (they were my elemental gloves).  Winged Hourglass is the suggested trinket to replace the Spirit one I am using. 

Finally, and I kind of iterated to this above, is there a personal loot roll spec suggestion for each boss in Highmaul to optimize loot rolls for stat priorities?  Would we rather have neck/cape/ring/trinkets w/o spirit?

Thanks and g/l in the first raid tier!

I totally missed this trinket when I did my analysis which Damien is using for the BiS. My bad. I have to update it anyway, since there were hotfixes this morning which changed things. I'll let you know and link it. In the mean time, here is my analysis of the others.

PS: Treat Spirit as primary; I'd give it a weighting 0.9 compared to Int's 1.05.

I updated the post, basically it seems like the Winged Hourglass is 3rd BiS when you have it upgraded to T3, very close behind the Everburning Candle (world drop). For me, it'd be worth the gold if I actually had the gold....

Thank you again kind sir!  The T1 was given to me, as we have a very, progression minded guild... I just did not want to bind it if it wasn't going to be good for us, didn't want to waste the crafters money.

Good luck today!

Just thought i would add a post that Espiee made on the priest forums.

Everburning candle just got buffed to 20914 mana per use.

That's (20914/24/2.061)=422.8 spirit.

That makes it the highest int/spirit trinket in the game currently.

The closest is the Ironspike Chew Toy from Mythic Darmac in BRF at 251 int and 455.4 spirit. But note that trinket is 30 item levels higher and still has 83 int less.

Thanks for pointing that out Brewmonksta, I'd missed that hotfix. Shit, this literally blows every other trinket out of the water now  =_=  I'll update the post again... whenever I find the time. In the mean time, you can find the updated spreadsheet here.

So, with the nerf to Everburning Candle (EBC), cutting the mana in half, would it be appropriate to change your value of EBC's spirit from 202 to 101?  If that is indeed the case, it moves EBC to the same total value as Winged Hourglass (stage 3).  Making it still a very solid choice as trinket. 

Also on the lines of spirit, AMR is having me gem for spirit.  Is that as intended, or would I benefit more gemming Mastery instead?  I am using the stat weights of:

Intellect 1.05

Spell Power 1

Spirit .9

Mastery .29

Haste .28

Crit .23

Multi .23

Vers .15

How does AMR weigh procs off trinkets and enchants, or how can I compensate for them, when the values on Wowhead and the armory are incorrect or inconsistent?

Also on the lines of spirit, AMR is having me gem for spirit.  Is that as intended, or would I benefit more gemming Mastery instead?  I am using the stat weights of:

Intellect 1.05

Spell Power 1

Spirit .9

Mastery .29

Haste .28

Crit .23

Multi .23

Vers .15

Its because your weights are "wrong" you have spirit worth x3 more than mastery, so it would rather gem 16.66 spirit than 50 mastery you either need to lower spirit [~ .6] or double everything from mastery downwards [so that 50 mastery becomes worth more stat wise than 20 spirit]

I assume that you used simcraft or something similar to come up with the numbers, if you did then you just need to adjust spirit so its worth "~double" whatever your highest secondary is [mastery] most probably dont even need a soft cap as the spirit gear is now limited

Edited by Brady84

Its because your weights are "wrong" you have spirit worth x3 more than mastery, so it would rather gem 16.66 spirit than 50 mastery you either need to lower spirit [~ .6] or double everything from mastery downwards [so that 50 mastery becomes worth more stat wise than 20 spirit]

I assume that you used simcraft or something similar to come up with the numbers, if you did then you just need to adjust spirit so its worth "~double" whatever your highest secondary is [mastery] most probably dont even need a soft cap as the spirit gear is now limited

Ah, that makes a difference.  Also, using the .6 for the Spirit, if you have "Cheap Gems" selected, it will still have you gem spirit, otherwise, it will tell you 50 Mastery.

Ah, that makes a difference.  Also, using the .6 for the Spirit, if you have "Cheap Gems" selected, it will still have you gem spirit, otherwise, it will tell you 50 Mastery.

To fix that you need to lower spirit again so +35 mastery is higher than 20 spirit, my maths brain isnt working .45 or so 

lol, .45 and cheap changes it from 20 spirit gems to 10 int gems.  You helped with what I was curious on essentially though, thanks!

Now its because int is too high haha[3x higher than mastery] laugh.png , make int/sp 0.7 or so, but glad i could help :D 

I would advise to remove Spirit from your weights and to use your own judgment smile.png

We have only 4 available gear pieces with Spirit so far (back, neck, rings, trinkets), and we are not too far into raiding when you just swap non-BiS items with BiS.

So, with a bit of simplicity:

1) change items without Spirit to those with Spirit

2) if you have two items for the same slot with Spirit, chose this with your better secondary stat (for your weights - mastery, then haste)

3) Use Spirit enchant on your Weapon while you are struggling with mana issues

4) Use mastery gems.

It is a simplification, but I think that it's easier to grip than these sometime weird suggestions of AMR. And you definitely can use both AMR and your logic smile.png

Edited by Pandacho

The 0.9 Spirit weighting that I recommended was assigned arbitrarily, and I didn't consider the fact that AMR might choose to gem you for Spirit - I assumed you'd never use pre-WoD gems.

So, with the nerf to Everburning Candle (EBC), cutting the mana in half, would it be appropriate to change your value of EBC's spirit from 202 to 101?  If that is indeed the case, it moves EBC to the same total value as Winged Hourglass (stage 3).  Making it still a very solid choice as trinket. 

Yes. I updated my blog post on the subject quite a while ago, but for some unknown reason the public version of the spreadsheet didn't update. It should now be updated.

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone has checked out the new alchemy trinkets that will be available w/ 6.1

+253 Mastery w/ a 1350 Intellect proc.  

Was wondering how this will stack up with the other trinkets, I'm about to upgrade winged hourglass all the way and debating on what I should be doing.

Anyway we can get this added to the sheet ? :)

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=122604/stone-of-fire

Would anyone happen to know if this trinket is already available for testing on the ptr?

I am really interested in it's proc rate and also whether it's alchemy only.

I'm not a fan of throughput procs personally; too difficult to use efficiently.  I'd much rather have an hourglass than the alchemist stone.

My overall question at this point would be.  Is the winged hourglass worth upgrading from stage 1 - to stage 4 or do the heroic HM trinkets more than compensate? Currently I only have access to items from mythic kar and twins.

just bonus rolled mythic shards last night off our first twins kill, using that and candle. macro'd haste with tide/ascendance for bigboy hps

• Like 1

just bonus rolled mythic shards last night off our first twins kill, using that and candle. macro'd haste with tide/ascendance for bigboy hps

This is what I've been using it for - it's truly awesome for that kind of throughput boost. Sure, I'd rather have the Candle as well, but it's not something to turn down  =]

I am having a conflict with the trinkets...

I have inv_misc_trinket6oog_isoceles1.jpgShards of Nothing normal - ilvl 655 with a socket +50 mastery, inv_misc_trinket6oog_2heads2.jpgEmblem of Caustic Healing heroic ilvl 670, and heroic warforged 676 inv_misc_trinket6oog_talisman2.jpgQuiescent Runestone...

Im conflicted bc of the 655 socketed  Shards of Nothing trinket ...

I know the others are high level, but sometimes stats > ilvl kinda thing is getting me. I dont know what to do. The spirit from emblem of caustic healing is nice and comfty...but what if the mastery socket and int from Shards of Nothing makes my heals more powerful? How do I do the numbers to be able to tell which one I can get more out of?

What do you guys suggest?

Edited by Amygdalla

I'd use 670 Caustic over Shards. The base int is really nice but the bigger thing is hasted Tides/Ascendance. I'd avoid the Runestone if you have other options, but it's probably better than using 2 on use haste trinkets.

I have an un-upgraded Winged Hourglass. The upgrade is way too expensive for me to afford. Just one upgrade is 36k on my server. =/

I have an un-upgraded Winged Hourglass. The upgrade is way too expensive for me to afford. Just one upgrade is 36k on my server. =/

I would highly recommend upgrading it to stage 3. I would wager to say it's BiS (esp when you can upgrade it to stage 4) along with Ironspike Chew Toy in BRF.

As for myself, I use Mythic shards/stage 3 Hourglass for the vast majority of fights. I use Emblem for super long fights like Imp.

Edited by Houselol