FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deamux

Warlock spreadsheet

Ola

Some friends of mine were pushing me lately to put my Mr. Lock onto a spreadsheet. But I'm a total noob in this, so can anyone provide me a nice guide to get into spreadsheets?

Edit: We were having a small discussion lately about which roles we should gear first. Should we let our tanks get prio? Or should our healers have prio? Or maybe our DPS?

Thank you!

Deamux

Edited by Deamux

Edit: We were having a small discussion lately about which roles we should gear first. Should we let our tanks get prio? Or should our healers have prio? Or maybe our DPS?

The general rule is to gear a tank enough so they don't get globaled, then gear DPS. Healers are usually fairly low on the spectrum of upgrades. If more healing is required, it's usually more common to have someone offspec heal than to throw gear at healers.

Probably depends on the guild though.

Depends on what kind of guild you are. If you're looking to push Mythic progression then DPS>Tanks>Healers is the general rule to go by, with some discretion. If an item is a perfect BIS for a tank and only slight upgrade for a DPS, give it to the tank (rants about tanking US second 10m heroic Horridon and watching BiS trinket given to a fury warrior that quits WoW two days later)

Very rare are hard tank checks, healing checks are normally solved through better usage of cooldowns or adding a healer. DPS though have hard limits, there comes a point quickly that it is not mathematically possible to down something without having at least X DPS. Thus comes the need for DPS to get gear over just about everything else.

Anything less then Mythic progression I wouldn't worry about it much, I'd just use a simple DKP system so that people that never show up arent handed the keys to vault. High progression though, IMO, should always been loot council.

Well I'd like to go into spreadsheets to determine my gear, that's basicly it. Very basic actually.

I still don't understand. You can do ANYTHING with a spreadsheet, you just need to know how. My spreadsheet kung fu is strong but I need to know what you want to do before I can help.

Do you just want to map out your gear that you have? Or look at upgrades and how they effect your stats? Trying to make a BiS list? Or a master list that lets you look at all of your raiders?

Zagam and I have made a lot of spreadsheets for our guild to track...everything. Everything. The gear of all 20+ raiders and our 3 or 4 bankers, the pots/flasks needed per week and the mats per week to make them all, who missed what raids, etc. etc. You can do anything with a spreadsheet, I just need to know what you want.

Okay, a bit more detailed now. So about the loot prio;

We do want to compete on our server for server first, but this (magtheridon-EU) isn't a server filled with raiders. We want to push Mythic progression, but we won't be anywhere close to world first etc.

We will use loot council. But there is a discussion on which roles to gear first. But now I understand which roles should be getting preference for some pieces. We have collected a BiS list for everyone and we will distribute loot accordingly. 

As for the spreadsheet;

I want to map the gear I have now. And I want to be able to swap a piece of loot and be able to see how this piece would affect my potential damage. I remember having one of these spreadsheets before (I think I must have gotten it from here, but that doesn't help)

Edited by Deamux

Building that takes a lot of time and understanding of how spreadsheets work, likely looking at 20-30 man hours on it.

I don't use AMR but Im told using AMR and Simcraft to swap and toy with gear is useful. I'd go that route if you want to do something like what you're talking about.