FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Daimondhail

Frost VS Fire ilvl 660+

Yea don't trust simulations to determine your choices. AoE, Single target, cleave etc etc

• Like 2

Yea don't trust simulations to determine your choices. AoE, Single target, cleave etc etc

Really? You mean sims aren't the meaning of life and shouldn't determine what class/spec we play? sad.png

My whole life is a lie...

For srs though, Fire will be fun to play once the gear scales up a bit. As an OS.

Simulations on Noxxic show Fire taking over as the top DPS once ilvl > 660.  Anyone else have any other information on this?

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/mage/frost?guide=BiS/1/1

Sims aren't entirely wrong. But it's a simple matter of crit. If I'm not mistaken however all three specs are very close together atm with t17 sets on patchwerk style fights.

You simply need the gear for fire atm. It's not a weak spec, just gear dependent.

More importantly don't trust Noxxic xD

Or, if you decided to trust them, then ask on their forum how they've got these results.... We are Icy-Veins, not Noxxic, we don't know their algorythms and ways of creating guides.

I am not saying you should not read them at all. If you want to, go ahead. I'm also not claiming, that Icy-Veins is the best WoW website ever, there are always ways to improve. However, there is one fact: Icy-Veins is constantly being updated for every minor patch, and reviewed by actual theorycrafters and best players around the world. Contrary to this, there is Noxxic, in whose guides in 5.4, there was an instruction to stack Frostbolt debuff up to 3 times... Like really, that has been removed in like 5.2.

Yet again, if anyone wants to trust in their simulations, they are free to do so, I respect them. But then, ask THEM about THEIR intellectual property.. :)

I try to read Noxxic, Icy-Veins, MMO-Champion, and even the WoW forums.  Anywhere there is an open discussion how to get the most out of my performance.  I appreciate the input and was just curious to see how people in a different environment felt about things to come.

Edited by Daimondhail
  • Like 2

I try to read Noxxic, Icy-Veins, MMO-Champion, and even the WoW forums.  Anywhere there is an open discussion how to get the most out of my performance.  I appreciate the input and was just curious to see how people in a different environment felt about things to come.

Indeed man, that's the best you can do! :) I may have also a bit misunderstood your question. But to be honest, the way how you can get the best result: Try things out. If some random guide says this is the best because of simc, etc. you can try it out. If you feel comfortable with the new rotation and spec, oyu might perform better. If you don't like the playstyle, cannot familiarize with the rotation, your dps will be low no matter what...

Personal skills > simcraft

• Like 1

Indeed man, that's the best you can do! smile.png I may have also a bit misunderstood your question. But to be honest, the way how you can get the best result: Try things out. If some random guide says this is the best because of simc, etc. you can try it out. If you feel comfortable with the new rotation and spec, oyu might perform better. If you don't like the playstyle, cannot familiarize with the rotation, your dps will be low no matter what...

Personal skills > simcraft

Like Oltier hating the crystal! 

Sims are good for when you beat a spec that is meant to destroy you on meters. Personal glory!

Getting as much information as possible from different sources also allows you to cross-reference. If 3 different sites are all saying that a certain spell etc is a DPS increase, it probably is. You might not like it, or be able to work it in to your rotation. But at least you can be sure the information is correct so you know what to look for.