FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Septiictank

Resto Druid HoT tracking Addon...

Hey all, I have recently switched from guardian to Resto for the guild and am using grid for a healing macro. It is all set up to show rejuv as a dot in the corner but is there a way to just show how many rejuvs i have on someone if i am using germ. I cannot seem to find any addon that helps with this... anything would be appreciated

You have to track a new hot like if it was something different (because they have different names)

I personally use Vuhdo, so I don't know what grid does.

I was looking at Vuhdo, but saw that the owner is done updating it now. Is that true, if not I was thinking about doing a switch, druid healing is a lot different from pally healing which grid is just fine since there are not that many buffs or HoT to worry about.

Thanks for the quick response Krazyito

Personally I'm using HealBot, and it wasn't showing the germination rejuv either as for some reason it was disabled by default, as I enabled it - everything is fine. Maybe there's something like that to grid.

You can also see it in elvUI, if you're using it. You just go Filters > Buff Indicator (under select filters) > Add spell ID (155777 for germination).

I actually just type in the spells name set it to the bottom right corner and boom there it is. so i have all my hot spells in the corners. just wondering if grid allows either side by side dots to show debuffs. i currently have it in the middle icon. which is fine but knowinig which is on the person would be a little nicer. 

Grid2 allows you to add any buff or debuff for it to track. You should upgrade to grid2 if you havent already, but if you insist, these instructions should work in a similar fashion for older versions of grid.

Open the options menu ( /grid2 ) and click on Statuses and the Buffs. Check the box for show if mine to keep things tidy and enter the the spellID for Rejuvenation (Germination) 155777 and hit enter.

This should now create a Status called Rejuvenation (Germination).

You can change a few things like setting the colour count to 2 and colour based on remaining time. If you set the colour two treshold to 5 seconds the indicator (little square in the corner or text in the middle) will change colour when it is safe to re-apply rejuvenation without clipping the HoT.

At this point you can go to Indicators to add the newly made status to an indicator position. Personally, I dont use the same indicator for my Rejuvenation and Germination statuses because I havent found an elegant way for Grid2 to show both their remaining times using only one indicator. But if you dont mind running the risk of clipping them (or you dont expect to have enough time to clip them in the content you're running, feel free to use the same indicator for both statuses.

Edited by Bartholomeus

Don't know that this would be interesting. But I've grown to like the new Raid Frames blizzard made.

And I've been healing with Grid since TBC. Might change back to Grid again sometime, but for now, standard frames feel like they do the trick.

EDIT:
Long post to answer a simple question.

I use standard raid frames and they show both rejuv's. Not entirely sure about the "safe clibbing indication" though.

Edited by Decipio