FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nairesha

Post your Raid Talent Setup & Specc for: Highmaul

Heya,

since raids are now open and my guild and I will head on in within the next minutes, I've pondered a lot on what setups you guys (and girls) will run on.
Also, what specc.

I'll go first:

Frost Mage

Ice Floes
Ice Barrier
Ring of Frost
Cold Snap
Frost Bomb
Mirror Image
Prismatic Crystal

Heya,

since raids are now open and my guild and I will head on in within the next minutes, I've pondered a lot on what setups you guys (and girls) will run on.

Also, what specc.

I'll go first:

Frost Mage

Ice Floes

Ice Barrier

Ring of Frost

Cold Snap

Frost Bomb

Mirror Image

Prismatic Crystal

Frost, definitely!

1. Blazing Speed, jsut because personal preference. I know, it's a dps loss, I don't care :P
  2. Alter Time, incredible survivability, no DPS loss.
  3. Whatever... xD
  4. Cauterize: I think this is a must have for progression, while you are learning the fights. You are bound to make mistakes in which case, Cauterize can save you.
  5. Ice Nova: As long as I don't get my tier set bonus, I'll stick to the reliable damage source and amazing burst. Later, with reliable FoF income, I'll swap to Frost Bomb probably.
  6. Mirror Image for single target, RoP for slight movement aoe, IF for heavy movement aoe
  7. Thermal Void. I despize the crystal. It annoys me sooo much.. I don't want to see it... :D I know again, DPS loss. But no one can force me to play something I cannot enjoy.
  • Like 1

I ran a fairly standard setup myself.

1 blazing speed- while I've used ice flows before I find being able to get into position for mechanics more valuable than the slight dps loss

2 ice barrier- had saved me quite a number of times and mitigated raid wide damage on many occasions

3 CC tier but I use ring of frost mostly

4 Greater Invisibility- the ability to remove dots and drop aggro with one button is amazing. The dmg reduction is icing on the cake

5 Ice Nova- amazing add control and damage.would only switch to frost bomb on board with no adds. Invaluable on kargath if your thrown in the stands

6 mirror image- dislike the other options

7 prismatic crystal- if you don't like it I can understand, but it takes some practice to use correctly. Also helps if the boss/adds doesn't have to move for a few secs