FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
tacololo

pet control in draenor dungeons (pet on the loose again)

Hi everyone,

I have a question that is probably not new but unfortunately I still dont know the answer. The relevance for me popped up again since I started playing Draenor dungeons last week.

In some dungeons notably everbloom I got accused of a loose pet that pulled extra packs of mobs. I think that indeed happened a few times.

I once had the same problem in stratholme. Somebody explained to me back then that hunter pets tend to attack from behind and that if groups of mobs are close together they can draw aggro from other mobs leading to unwanted pulls and thus sometimes disaster.

Well, can somebody please tell me how to avoid this. Ofcourse I can dismiss pet but that costs a huge chunk of dps. So not really an option.

Or is it just a matter of awareness and every time the pet runs of immediately put him on passive. But it is very easy to be to late with that.

Solutions much appreciated,

Greetings,

Taco

If you're playing MM or SV, Lone Wolf is your best DPS option anyway. Not an option for BM, obviously. 

There's no real way to avoid that without setting your pet to passive and manually assigning targets. You should just keep in mind that your pet will attack the targets you're attacking, so don't attack mobs that are near other unpulled mobs. 

In all honesty, the problem should never even arise if you have at least somewhat competent tank, that won't tank mobs in dangerous places, and won't let them just stand and cast in dangerous places. 

ok thx. I read a suggestion somewhere to make simple macro`s for arcane shhot and multi-shot adding /petattack.

Anyway I crowded ares I just put pet on passive immediately after a fight just to be sure.

pet control is actually very very easy, IF you know how to do it. ill show you

first of all, add /petattack [combat] to one of your main attack. chimera shot f.e. as MM. i would say, put it into your highest priority attack. [combat] is important, because wenn you are standing in front of a boss, are accidently beginning to cast aimed shot, you can hit ESC and stop your cast. your pet wont go anywhere because your are not in fight

second step is to add /petfollow into your mount macro. i tell you to do this because people tent to hotkey their mount macro, but dont think about it for a second. mount buttons are dead ressources in fight. so you cann add this and get some functionality into it. so your pet will attack when you do and WHAT you are attaacking, and if you need to get it back to you, you can hit "mount" and get it back to you.

u will have to get your pet on passive mode with this. there is no point in anything other than that with these two macros.

i prefer to add /stopattack to my mount macro also, so i can hit it infight and immediately stop my pet and myself from damaging in any way.

my 2 cents, hopefully this can be helpful

pet control is actually very very easy, IF you know how to do it. ill show you

first of all, add /petattack [combat] to one of your main attack. chimera shot f.e. as MM. i would say, put it into your highest priority attack. [combat] is important, because wenn you are standing in front of a boss, are accidently beginning to cast aimed shot, you can hit ESC and stop your cast. your pet wont go anywhere because your are not in fight

second step is to add /petfollow into your mount macro. i tell you to do this because people tent to hotkey their mount macro, but dont think about it for a second. mount buttons are dead ressources in fight. so you cann add this and get some functionality into it. so your pet will attack when you do and WHAT you are attaacking, and if you need to get it back to you, you can hit "mount" and get it back to you.

u will have to get your pet on passive mode with this. there is no point in anything other than that with these two macros.

i prefer to add /stopattack to my mount macro also, so i can hit it infight and immediately stop my pet and myself from damaging in any way.

my 2 cents, hopefully this can be helpful

This is my macro to deal with basically anything involving stopping stuff.

/cancelaura Deterrence
/cancelaura Misdirection
/cancelaura Hand of Protection
/cancelaura Levitate
/cancelaura Slow Fall
/cancelaura Goblin Glider
/petfollow
/stopcasting
/stopcasting

This deals with annoying things that I want to remove.