FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ichigaki

Tier 3 Healing Talents

Hi guys, I've recently returned to the game and joined a fresh faced raiding guild. Healing was an issue in last nights raid, I found myself going oom relatively quickly due to lack of dps and doing a large portion of the healing.

Im not complaining, I knew what I was in for, but am using the time to help out some new raiders and retrain myself and learn during the process.

Im currently at work so unable to test this myself, however was curious to gather some information before i get home and raid again tonight.

I found myself swapping surge of light for mindbender in attempts to compensate for some regen, got to say didnt notice a massive difference, havnt yet tried PW:Solace, but may do tonight.

Has anybody already tested/crunched this for figures of what provides the best mana conservation/regen over an extended fight in a raid environment? Curious for feedback from some other priests.

• Like 1

Solace is the absolute king of that tier if you're concerned about longevity.

SoL is hardly worth it. You can do the math and under very optimistic circumstances it can be good. But it is a mana-saving talent. You have little choice over what to spent the potential mana gain on, which is a significant restraint.

MB regenerates 0.75% mana per attack. It has 10 attacks over its 15s duration but is affected by haste. Essentially you get 7.5 mana back plus 0.75% extra for every 10% haste you have.

Solace gives you 12% mana per minute right off the bat. But it also takes a GCD every 10 seconds. While detrimental to your HPS, taking that many GCDs mean you're spamming less Renew/CoH and thus saving that mana.

Example: With MB you would cast MB once every minute and CoH/Renew most of the time otherwise. Your tier 3 talent here takes up 1 global every minute. With Solace it takes up 6. That's 5 Renew you don't get to cast, or a total mana 'saved'  equal to 8% of your mana. With 20% haste MB gives you 9% of your mana back per minute, choosing Solace instead of it means you'll get 20% or an absolute gain of 11 pp mana.

• Like 1

I've found myself working under the same logic, however using MB as holy due to the need for globals. Going to try Disc with Solace tonight, however curious to see how reliably I will be able to keep it on CD, and how much actual regen it will produce over the fight. Will post results here after raid, if anybody is interested that is.

Wanted to back your thread up!

Espiee is absolutely correct.  You want to last longer.... proper usage of Solace will be your mana Blue Pill

Hey Gwenymph, Espiee and Ichikagi. I've just joined WoW in this expansion and decided to roll a priest. I've chosen holy up until the first rest (about a week ago). I found disc too foreign compared to holy so I was put off for a while. However, it took the Butcher heroic fight for me to realise how little I was doing as holy. I've been watching your CMs Gwen and enjoyed your play-style. I religiously wait for the three of you to post your thoughts and answers on these fourms as I learn something new everyday. Made an account to let you know how great a job you're doing and i'll hopefully asking some questions I still have.  

• Like 1

Thank you for the post and for joining.  The larger the community the easier it gets to find what you are looking for, across all sites.  Anything someone asks, no matter how small, there is someone lurking forums trying to find the answer to the same question.  Hope to see you around and glad you were able to take something away from the vids!

• Like 1

Great post Espiee, I was doing heroic Mar'Gok today as Holy and I found myself going out of mana when we hit the Reaver+Mage+Mage transition phase. I was using SoL... for so how long, because well.. I never really struggled with mana. However today I hit the wall and I desperately needed it. Tried MB and Solace and I found Solace superior manawise as you pointed out, however it does come at a cost of fewer renews.