FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Erthelmi

WoD Warlock Destro need help with DPS (have logs)

Hey all,

I was wondering if some more knowledge warlocks could help me out. I did some highmaul instances and I think I was doing ok but want to get feedback from better players on what I need to improve on. Below is a link to my warcraft logs.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/p62t4yjZfNQwvhDY/#pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%24119679492.0.0.Warlock%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240&fight=7

Player is Erthelmi

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aggramar/Erthelmi/advanced

I'm prepot with immolate and conflage and then getting embers to use my cooldown with CB as many as possible. And then trying to get my embers back up without maxing and keeping immolate up on as many targets as possible. I think my DPS is ok as I'm beating the other warlock in the raid but other classes with gear lower than my are killing me.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Erthelmi

Immolate Uptime: 80% should be close to 100%, but I can understand that this falls off with the number of target switching that goes on in brackenspore (Note, the butcher would have been a much better fight for us to analyze).

Chaos Bolt:  Chaos Bolt usage isn't bad, try to line them up with procs a bit better.

Shadowburn: 10 uses in almost 7.5 min is waaaaaayyy too low.  There were 4 flesh-eaters, 8 mind fungi, and 14 spore shooters that you could have shadowburn sniped with havoc to the boss.  

Your second int potion didn't line up with anything.

• Like 1

Only looked at the Brackenspore kill:

You only used havoc 3 times, there are many adds to cleave on.  If you aren't using a mouseover macro you may want to try as it makes it much easier to apply on fights like this. 

Shadowburns seemed slightly low, now that ember regeneration is lower, sniping targets is crucial. I use /stopcasting with my shadowburn ability to improve response time. 

Immolate could always be higher, but I struggle with this at times too. 

Overall pretty good tho mate.

Awesome feedback guys! I appreciate it all. I know I have stuff I can improve on and immolate and my shadowburn is one of them.

KillerJoe can you provide me some the mouseover macros that you use? like the one for shadowburn?

Also on the log I thought there was a way you could look at what was used when you had a proc? How do you find that?

Sorry complete newbie to this logging.

Mouseover for Havoc

#showtooltip Havoc

/cast [@mouseover,harm] Havoc; [harm] Havoc

#showtooltip Shadowburn

/stopcasting

/cast Shadowburn

Note the shadowburn that I use is not mouseover, just a stop casting. 

• Like 1

Also on the log I thought there was a way you could look at what was used when you had a proc? How do you find that?

I provided you with a link to it, you just need to pin the relevant buffs (the plus symbol) and go to casts tab then select the ability you want to review.

Edit: Here's the link again for good measure.

Edited by Orthios
  • Like 1

Orthios,

Sorry I missed that on your original post. Thanks again I'm going to look around at it also. I appreciate your help.

Edited by Erthelmi

Mouseover for Havoc

#showtooltip Havoc
/cast [@mouseover,harm] Havoc; [harm] Havoc

#showtooltip Shadowburn
/stopcasting
/cast Shadowburn

Note the shadowburn that I use is not mouseover, just a stop casting. 

Thanks that is perfect!