FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Krazyito

[Mistweaver] Tier 17 Tips and Tricks

This thread is for Mistweaver Monk tips, tricks, and discussions in how to best handle the various boss fights throughout Tier 17 including Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry. Feel free to contribute or discuss encounter-specific anything you find from exceptional talent choices to ways to take advantage of class mechanics. 

Highmaul
-->Kargath Bladefist
-->The Butcher
-->Tectus
-->Brackenspore
-->Ko'ragh
-->Twin Ogron
-->Imperator Mar'gok

Blackrock Foundry
-->Gruul the Subjugated
-->Oregorger
-->Blast Furnace
-->Hans'gar and Franzok
-->Flamebender Ka'graz
-->Kromog
-->Beastlord Darmac
-->Operator Thogar
-->Iron Maidens
-->Blackhand

Highmaul

Kargath Bladefist
 Tips by Teufel

The Butcher
 Tips by Teufel

Tectus
 Tips by Teufel

Brackenspore
 Tips by Teufel

Ko'ragh
 Tips by Teufel

Twin Ogron
 Tips by Teufel

Imperator Mar'gok

Blackrock Foundry

Gruul the Subjugated

Oregorger

Blast Furnace

Hans'gar and Franzok

Flamebender Ka'graz

Kromog

Beastlord Darmac

Operator Thogar

Iron Maidens

Blackhand

Kargath use chi wave and RJW. You will go oom though if you spam it so watch out.

Butcher use chi burst and RJW.

Tectus use chi wave and chi torpedo.

Bracken use chi wave and chi torpedo.

Twins use chi wave and RJW.

Koragh use chi wave and chi torpedo.

Only reason I am preferring chi torpedo is because it's 3 free heals. With better gear RJW will most likely be used instead. This is my experience so far.

Also on kargath be the healer that goes into the grand stands. Use your cc.

Thus far...

30HC difficulty/20Mythic PoV, please keep in mind that tactics we're employing may differ from yours, as well as raid size difference, and thus, some information may be irrelevant to you. Thanks.

When pointing out to Notable Talents, I'll assume using Chi Brew/RJW/Pool of Mists as well as Glyph of Renewing Mist by default, pointing out RJW 2nd time just means it's extremely useful for this encounter. If your mana pool cannot afford it feel free to use Chi Torpedo instead. 

Kargath Bladefist

Notable Talents: Tiger Lust/Chi Wave/Ox Wave or Leg Sweep

Notable Glyphs: Surging Mist (if DPSing)

- You are counted as melee, thus is untargetable by Berserker Rush

- DPS'ing in Crane Stance from the pull till the 1st Chain Hurl is fine, after that - start healing people getting hit by Blade Dance and Bombers

- If you are assigned to the stands, u can hurl off a few ReMs before getting pulled in, damage there is not that scary (unless your beloved fellow raiders can't get out from the bombs)

- Lusting the kiter from the center is nice, the Tank gathering the crowd is even more so

- Help out with CC on the stands

The Butcher

Notable Talents: Chi Burst/Dampen Harm/RJW

- Mindrape your RaidLeader if he refuses to let you be in melee

- Dampen Harm can soak some initial damage from cleaves, and so is FortBrew

- Keep RJW up when your group is getting cleaved (can start with 2nd stack if your mana is bad)

- Chi Burst when both melee or melee/ranged are bleeding

- You can try unglyphing ReM and focus on cleaved groups, but mine is usually getting in ranged cluster by hunters walking in and out of melee ones

- Place Transcendence and use it on Charges to not waste time flying

Tectus

Notable Talents: Chi Burst (if using 2 camps tactic, Chi Wave otherwise)/Diffuse Magic/RJW

Notable Glyphs: Surging Mist (if DPSing)

- Once again, melee targeting method. You are untargetable by the mists and large pillars, still targeted by the lesser pillars though. Thus, you are given A LOT more room with positioning.

- You can DPS Tectus till he goes down to 10%, his damage outside of the Tectonic Upheaval can be easily taken care of by the other healers. Also consider this if u can't get him dead by 1st Upheaval

-  You can actually DPS even the Shards, if you raid permits

- Pre-ReM in preparation for Upheaval

- Rotate Diffuse Magic and FortBrew for Upheavals (Nature damage)

- If you are in melee by the time one of the Shards starts Upheaval watch out for the 2nd one still using his abilities

Brackenspore

Notable Talents: Chi Burst/Power Strikes (if on mushrooms, Chi Brew otherwise)/Diffuse Magic/RJW/Breath of the Serpent (read below)

Notable Glyphs: Soothing Mist (Mythic, more mobility for the Waves)

- If you are assigned on mushrooms, you may consider Power Strikes over Chi Brew for more Enveloping Mist usage. You won't be facing any mana issues anyway (not until Mythic at least).

- Either use TFT on Surging Mists for shrooms, or in preparation for Infestation

- HC: If you raid, as mine, employs a strategy when the 1st Infestation is taken care of by the Living Mushroom, the 2nd by the Raid Cooldowns, the 3rd by the Living Mushroom again, and so on - then the Seprent's Breath on the 2,4,6th Infestations can really shine (relocate your statue accordingly, if that is the case).

- HC: KEEP THE FRIGGIN BLUE BAG OF HASTE AND MANA ALIVE FOR AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. Spam heal it as it keeps withering, you can also use Life Cocoon to soak up some damage and buff Enveloping/Soothing Mist Combo, if you tank has no need for it. You can also ask your Holy Priest if there is one, to glyph Guardian Spirit and use it as well.

- HC: However, if the new Living Mushroom has spawned and is needed for you raid to survive the next Infestation - start healing it, letting the blue guy being kept alive by other healers

- Keep RJW up on Infestations, Diffuse on 8-9 stacks (will eat up damage till the end of the debuff)

- MYTHIC: You now need a Living Mushroom for every Infestation, so you can only enjoy the benefits of the blue one only for a short time. Stand near it till it expires to regain some mana (it's radius is greater then the blue circle beneath it)

MYTHIC: You still need to keep Living ones alive at least until the Infestation is over

MYTHIC: Tidal Wave IS deadly, outrun it with TL or Rolls. You can Diffuse it as well, but there's not much sense in doing that, better save it for Infestation. 

MYTHIC: Since you can no longer let the Blue Shroom to take care of your mana some DPSing on pull to build up Mana Tea is a good thing.

Twin Ogron

Notable Talents: Chi Burst (if using 2 camps tactic, chi wave otherwise)/Diffuse Magic/RJW or Chi Torpedo (whichever suits you more)

Notable Glyphs: Soothing Mist (mobility, imortant for Mythic)

- Use Rolls, Tiger Lust and Transcendance to your advantage when dodging fires - Diffuse ONLY mitigates  damage from it, it does not prevent you from getting a stack, nor it removes existing ones.

- If an Interrupting Shout is about to come off, you can use that time for Mana Tea. The shout does not interrupt it's channel.

- If using Chi Torpedo over RJW, roll between the ranged and melee camps when the raid is dealing with Quake and Shouts AoE damage

- Stacking on Enfeebling Roar is a good time to pop RJW/SCK

- MYTHIC: Dampen Harm the Pulverize, you can also make it dampen a Shout, if those are coming one after other.

Ko'rag

Notable Talents: Tiger Lust/Chi Wave (unless a large raid or stacked heavlily)/Ox Wave/Diffuse Magic

- Still counted as melee - no charges on you, mr. Mistweaver

- You can Diffuse the Expel:Fire debuff, and it's application is somehow on the same CD as Diffuse, however, the exact timing may differ by a few seconds. Usually, you can start with Diffusing the 1st debuff right away, and then getting cooled down by the time of the new application (please watch out for melee being there with you while Diffusing, if that is the case, since you still trigger the dispel explosion)