FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
fox536

unholy

So I tried unholy last night, I don't think I've ever done so bad playing a dk in my life. I keep reading that unholy is easy, and everything, but it takes all my concentration to sit there and micro manage my runes, the whole spec feels like I'm swimming in glue.

So my question is,is there anything to help ease this bs spec, and does is it even worth the hassle, because I don't find it fun, I can't imagine trying to raid as unholy, is the dps gained worth all the headaches and complete lack of fun

Foc536-  this is a game.  If you don't like the feel of a spec or class don't play it.  Personally I can't stand to play Frost, I find it incredibly boring.  I enjoy managing the Rune CD's, keeping my ghoul transformed, and the whole feel of the spec.  I didn't play Frost when it was better, even though I would get crap for it, due to the spec making raiding feel like a chore instead of the fun that it should be.

However, it could also be that you are just new to the spec.  Give the spec some time, power through the learning phase / read the Icy Veins unholy guide.  It might just be that the added DPS and challenge for you will make the spec so much sweeter when you master it.  If it does not work out for you, switch back.  If anyone gives you crap, tell them to go eat a bag of dildos, its your toon and you can play however you want as long as you have adequate dps.

PS. If you really want to play something new, you can always try blood.  Unholy is my offspec, but Blood is my real passion.  Nothing makes you feel as badass as tanking those huge hits, saving your heal's life, and laughing as you ask for more.  Good luck

Ya that's what I was thinking of telling everyone in my guild, the only thing is our guild has a bunch of people who can't follow mechanics so we could use every extra bit of dps we can get, so I'll probably keep working with it for a little longer. I just don't see myself loving it. And u are right about blood that's my offspec I really like they didn't do to much to it in this expac, I might just have to start looking for an open tank spot in another guild or something.