FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mikelamond

Holy Priest Noobie Here! Many Questions Inside - Please Help!

Hey I am new to priest and looking to get into raiding.

This is my armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/the-maelstrom/Mikelamond/simple

I am using the great guides here for holy priest but I am confused, when I check for enchants and gems, it feels like stuff is missing so I hope you don't mind if I ask a feq questions.

1. First of all: Is Holy or Disc better currently?

2.How come the only enchants it tells me to get are for: Neck,Back,Ring and Weapon? What about chest and everything else missing? Sorry if this is an idiotic question.

3. How come the spirit weapon enchant is not used in either holy or disc? Is it not important, I noticed that multistrike and crit were used instead?

4. This is my UI: http://i.imgur.com/0tL8aIO.jpg?1

with everything on show, are there anything else I should get to help me with healing? or any kind of macros, the only macros I have are mouse over macros for healing.

5. Should I drop a lot of money on enchants and gems considering my gear is kind of bad, you can see my armoury at the top of the page?

6. Anything you want to add you think I might need to know would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

1. First of all: Is Holy or Disc better currently?

They both have their own niche and i would say niether is "better" than the other but they play very different roles.

2.How come the only enchants it tells me to get are for: Neck,Back,Ring and Weapon? What about chest and everything else missing? Sorry if this is an idiotic question.

The other enchants have been removed.

3. How come the spirit weapon enchant is not used in either holy or disc? Is it not important, I noticed that multistrike and crit were used instead?

This is because as a direct stat spirit wont increase throughput. But if you run out of mana then it will allow you to cast more spells.

I am running witht hte spirit enchant now until i find that i am comfortably not going oom then i will switch to a more throughput stat enchant.

4. This is my UI: http://i.imgur.com/0tL8aIO.jpg?1

with everything on show, are there anything else I should get to help me with healing? or any kind of macros, the only macros I have are mouse over macros for healing.

I use elvui and weak auras, there are many ui's out there just find one you like that fill s your needs.

5. Should I drop a lot of money on enchants and gems considering my gear is kind of bad, you can see my armoury at the top of the page?

Are you in a progression race? Are you in a hardcore guild? Do you have the gold?

More enchants and gems will increase your healing but if the environment you raid in doesnt call for it then its a personal decision.

6. Anything you want to add you think I might need to know would be greatly appreciated.

Peruse the other forum posts here and you will find that there are many discussions on stats/talents/specs and even some videos and guides for CM's etc.

Happy Killing :)

• Like 2