FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Jaimee

Exorcism

Im kind of wondering why exorcism is so low priority in the rotation list.

Given that we have a 20% proc-chance to reset the CD, it would seem to me that it's more usefull for the HP-generating rota to have this as highest generator (under holy wrath).

I mean, having it proc when its available anyways is useless (but no reason in it self to prioritize it higher)

But having it proc when exo is actually on CD, makes it less likely to have those 2 seconds of waiting for your next ability to be up, -> more HP to spend + more abilities used over time (both in exo itself and more HP-spenders) -> more dps.

What am i missing?

I haven't played ret ever, but if its anything like 5.4, Exo was low on the priority because it has a longer CD and thus is not worth playing the RNG game to try to get more HP in comparison to CS/Judgment which are up faster, and in a set rotation of CS>J>Fill>CS>Fill>J>CS>Fill>Fill.

This rotation might not be the same nowadays, but you get the idea that sticking in longer CDs makes this quick rotation hit a gap and get less Holy Power in its span. A 15s CD is just never worth it prioritizing, because it'll hold back your quick-to-recover CDs.

basically exactly what Fouton said, you need to consider how much weight exorcism pulls in terms of overall damage with the cd, yes it deals a bit more damage than judge/CS, but it also has 2x the CD, and even with the proc that's still not much. Of course in BRF it will become much higher on the priority lists in situations, but not yet.