FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Warlocks - Where we stand after tuning

Noxxic is not credible.

Thought so ^^

I will not switch away from my Demo, only if I am forced to tank. I love the feeling you get as a warlock! And the feeling when you are charging up your fury and are middle of the pack and you go into meta and throw out Demon Bolts with 100k crits (yes 100k is my highest) and jump over all the other raid members. Its just a satisfiying feeling.

I want to add that Demon Bolt seems to be the new Chaos Bolt from the damage output.

228k is my highest I think smile.png

Damn I should check my logs more often maybe I have a higher crit ^^ and 228k can be compared to 2 million crits pre item squish right?

Spark himself said that he was having to significantly outgear others to compete with them on dps.

Well he was close to like 675 or something daft starting mythic lol.

Well he was close to like 675 or something daft starting mythic lol.

I watched method's restreams and was like damn, spark is doing some miracle work on the dps meter. Saw he had the highest ilvl in method, lol. He had some insane gear even from the first pull on mythic.

Spark has the 4th highest geared character in the world and the highest ilvl warlock by 3 ilvl.

Edited by Garmeth

So now that you've seen the paragon Imperator Mythic kill with a warlock being 1st ranged on the meter, are you skill crying and changing mains?

• Like 1

So now that you've seen the paragon Imperator Mythic kill with a warlock being 1st ranged on the meter, are you skill crying and changing mains?

Because 1 dps meter on that one kill for that one guild is really indicative of the entire class. In fact, it's all that matters! If we're honest.... /s

I've been only playing and gearing affliction but so far I've enjoyed it and found it competitive (1/7M). I won't turn down buffs though and the math is there.

Shards already seem like they're in ample supply. Once haste values grow and the 2 piece bonus arrives I think shards will be pretty abundent. The multistrike nightfall procs are nice.

I know you guys like to dump on affliction but hey at least its not destro! It's not the affliction heyday of MSV sac pet stack mastery dominate meters while constantly on the move but I though the affdots snapshotting/soulswapping was way too gimmicky anyway

What is skill crying and where do I learn this technique? Regardless, please don't bring these sorts of comments here, they aren't wanted and bring nothing to the discussion and only serve to make you look like an immature ass-hat.

Regardless, Warlocks aren't THAT bad at the moment. Cries of the sky is falling are grossly overestimated. The issues we are complaining about pertain more to mechanical changes that purely damage.

Soul Swap has been butchered and myself and many other Warlocks have simply removed the ability from our bars. The removal of snapshotting did enough to nerf it. I think it should be on a charge system with a 15s recharge, akin to Conflag or HoG.

I think DoTs should do more damage by themselves and not be tied so heavily to Haunt or Drain Soul. 

Destruction's ember generation nerf to Rain of Fire has made what was once a fluid AoE rotation extremely clunky and difficult to start up and maintain.

I dislike Demonbolt .

I dislike Healthstones healing for less than Health Tonics. They should heal for the same amount.

I dislike pets randomly dying.

Damage wise we are ok, nothing special. That would be FINE if we actually brought a bit more raid utility, and if they made changes to return the class to its fluid, polished state.

As it stands we are mid pack but bring nothing. You are better off with more mages/boomkins/spriests/hunters than you are with more Warlocks.

We were great in MoP both from a damage and fun factor perspective, nerfing the former is fine, but gutting the latter is not and needs to be addressed.

• Like 6

I'd just like to point out that we still take the least damage of any class in the game, aside from literally spamming feint on a rogue and doing 0 dps in the process. Healers love warlocks :(.

• Like 2

I'd just like to point out that we still take the least damage of any class in the game, aside from literally spamming feint on a rogue and doing 0 dps in the process. Healers love warlocks sad.png.

Healers love dead mobs more.

As it stands we are mid pack but bring nothing. You are better off with more mages/boomkins/spriests/hunters than you are with more Warlocks.

We were great in MoP both from a damage and fun factor perspective, nerfing the former is fine, but gutting the latter is not and needs to be addressed.

A buff to the damage or a buff to the raid mechanics (I would like to see Warlocks get a raid CD akin to Mage's Amp Magic or Hunter's Fox) and I'll pick up my warlock again. Until then, WW DPS is where I shall be.

I really miss my warlock.

• Like 2

Hi everyone!

So, I've been reading through this forum for awhile, and I've found myself obssesed with one question.

I mean, we are Simcraft-wise worse than most of dps specs;
Our scaling numbers are not that good as Mage's, for example.
And the recursing theme of disscussion here is that we are not as smooth as could be, with weird designed skills, small raid utility and bugged spells/items/mechanics interactions.

Why we are still here and not benched in favor of other classes?

P.S. first post here and not-native english, sry if I hurt your eyes with my grammarmellow.png 

Why we are still here and not benched in favor of other classes?

Many warlocks are being benched for other classes.

Sparkuggz (Method EU) was kept in the ranks because he had the gear to do the DPS (he himself said that he needed 6-8 average ilvl higher then the rest of the raid to do competitive DPS), much the same with the warlock in Paragon (I dont know their name)

Other top warlocks like Xyronic (Blood Legion US) were benched on fights to make way for better classes.

Also, 

Добро пожаловать на наш скромный дом , мой друг.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about giving my shaman or warrior a go, I'm doing ok dps as my lock, but want to see what I can do as the other two.

I'm thinking about giving my shaman or warrior a go, I'm doing ok dps as my lock, but want to see what I can do as the other two.

Is a rerolling an option for us? mellow.png 

Where is your #warlockpride>?biggrin.png 

I do feel awkward when I raid aswell. Like a swordsman in a gunfight.

But our warlock swords are sharp.

And we are hell of a good swordsmen, aren't we?

Let's hope for some fixes, not even a balance change.

Sandman's interaction with dots and Corrupt/Multistrike/Nightfall clarity will be enough for me ^_^.

Edited by Paracel

Soul Swap has been butchered and myself and many other Warlocks have simply removed the ability from our bars. The removal of snapshotting did enough to nerf it. I think it should be on a charge system with a 15s recharge, akin to Conflag or HoG.

I think DoTs should do more damage by themselves and not be tied so heavily to Haunt or Drain Soul. 

Destruction's ember generation nerf to Rain of Fire has made what was once a fluid AoE rotation extremely clunky and difficult to start up and maintain.

I dislike Demonbolt .

Couldn't agree with you more Liquid. I think that the Dev's really spent some overtime before MoP working on the Lock class and it showed. At first the only playable spec was affliction, and later it was Demo (cuz of that awesome trinket) and then Destro and Affiction in the final tier. But I really felt all 3 specs were really designed nicely. For as simple as Destro was, it was wild and fast and fun to play. Very rewarding. The Dev's effort really paid off. It was a fun class to play. 

I think Affliction is in the same boat that it was in Cata right before Firelands when they nerfed Soul Swap. It used to be 15 seconds, then 20, and then finally 30 seconds. Once it got to 30 seconds I just took it off my action bar. I think Blizz should just do the same thing with the current iteration of Soul Swap. Just remove it from the game if you're going to nerf it that badly. 

And while you're at it, take Rain of Fire with you as well. Removing the ember generation and nerfing it by 60% was, I don't know, bizarre? I don't want to be too big of a jerk, but I can't believe someone got paid for making that decision.

It's something that I'd expect from an intern: 

Like, you did what? You nerfed RoF by 60% and removed it's ember generation? Move over silly. Let me take a look at your code. I'll have to undo your last checkout. Go get me some coffee intern. 

And finally, Demonbolt. I want Demonbolt to be so bad arse (I said arse and not ass, so you can't punish me!). It's pretty punitive and demoralizing when you miss out on 3 or 4 stacks because you had some debuff and had to run out of the raid and use your instants instead and dump your remaining Demonic Fury. I'd like to see 4 shots of Demonbolt be absolutely punishing. But it just isn't. And that opener? Oh boy. Talk about clunky. You have to hit several spells, Jerry Rig a Dark Soul Knowedge just before you do your 2nd Hand of Gul'dan, go into Demo, hit Doom and 2 Demonbolts and poof! You're done. No 4 Demonbolts. Just several very specific spells in order to get the most amount of DF in order to cast two DB's and a Doom. 

Ugh. 

And Demo is my favorite spec. 

I'd suggest for Blizzard, just make the class rewarding again by getting the flow back. Make DB hit like a truck. I like your suggestion Liquid of putting Soul Swap on a 15 second cool down. Nice. Simple. Not too complex. Yet rewarding. Give Demo back the Ember generation with Rain of Fire. 

And sadly, I'd have to admit, some type of instant. Maybe if you move while casting Incinerate it does 1/2 the damage? Generates 1/2 the embers? 

I like the fluidity of the Frost Mage. I don't know. Something like that. 

Here's hoping the Dev's are listening. 

@Hawkmune, about the opener.
Think about having fury regenerating to a cap, to a full 1000 outside of combat.
Will it do the trick? Or too OP?

And it's a recursing theme : bring us the Fel Flame back : )

@Hawkmune, about the opener.

Think about having fury regenerating to a cap, to a full 1000 outside of combat.

Will it do the trick? Or too OP?

And it's a recursing theme : bring us the Fel Flame back : )

Would be a bad mechanic. And kind of OP. At least in terms if anything outside a raid. IMO.

They just honestly need to either make demonbolt hit like a fucking truck, making us feel like ele shaman where a good fight has like 45% of our damage from one spell. Or nerf Cata (I know, blasphemy.) and bring the spell power rations on soul fire, maybe shadowbolt, ToC, and demonbolt up just slightly. So that it doesn't feel like we tickle with everything but the one spell.

TL;DR: make our valleys less severe, or our peaks higher. I am absolutely fine with either as a solution. Although my preference is evened DPS.

I normally wouldn't reroll, but pulling other people's weight is really really hard as a lock, but I am top deep on Kargath, Butcher, and twins.

Edited by Alphric