FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
saoirc

Dual wielding enchants?

From what I've read so far mark of the shattered hand is the best weapon enchant for monks. But from what I've seen so far I have 100% uptime on the shattered hand DOT, with it often refreshing no where near when it's about to run out.

If that's true couldn't a dual wielder use shattered hand on one weapon and mark of the frostwolf on the other?

Does it not work like that? Am I just wrong about how often the DOT is refreshing?

I came to ask about this myself. I put frostwolf on my warforged Bladefist and shattered hand on the regular one, and I'm happy with the results. 1 Frostwolf often procs to two stacks, and the bleed seems to be near 100% uptime. I'll see if I can pull some data from our raid on Thursday to verify that.

I havent done alot of WW yet to actually check however it will imo come down to even though the bleeds are refreshed will the initial damage before the bleed still make the enchant useful over the frostwolf.

Throw your toon into simcraft with the different enchants and see what comes out on top.

In my experience so far the enchant on a weapon wont be making a massive difference to your dps rather than getting a good opener and maintaining your rotation.

My own sims put shattered hand above frostwolf, must be doing something wrong.

2x frostwolf gives me 25044 DPS                     

1 frostwolf 1 bleed gives me 25305 DPS 

2x bleed gives me 25409 DPS

Just started out making my own sims (trying to figure out how to link the sims), quite possible something is wrong with my seems, these results seem iffy, but it is what it is I suppose.

Anyone seeing similar results?

This is my character right now, ilvl 642 as of writing:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Kuber/simple

Edited by Earithrandil

My own sims put shattered hand above frostwolf, must be doing something wrong.

2x frostwolf gives me 25044 DPS                     

1 frostwolf 1 bleed gives me 25305 DPS 

2x bleed gives me 25409 DPS

Just started out making my own sims (trying to figure out how to link the sims), quite possible something is wrong with my seems, these results seem iffy, but it is what it is I suppose.

Anyone seeing similar results?

This is my character right now, ilvl 642 as of writing:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Kuber/simple

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting the same results. So does that mean it's better to go 2x mark of the shattered hand? That would save me 7k gold aswell:)

Edited by truulte

^According to the sims, yes. If this is actually true or if we're both just bad at doing sims I don't know.

I am assuming this is because of low ilvl. The bleed damage isn't affected by Attack Power while Multistrike is, at least indirectly. Frostwolf might pull ahead at higher ilvls because of this.