FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mikko

Need a bit of help whit Affliction

Hi iam having some problems whit my affliction spec and its ofc my dps beeing to low,

i dont really know what iam doing wrong my current dps is around 35k unbuffed ( on Raid training dummy) whit exception of my own (dark intent, Grim of Sacrifice) i ussuly open up whit cds that is Lifeblood and Dark Soul : Misery,

And then i go for CoE and haunt SB:SS and MG and just keep my dots up and keep it that way.

Was going to link armory but its not updating for along time but i can give some numbers.

ilvl : 468

haste :6.60

Hit : 15.21

Crit: 12.90

Mastery: 45.74

and here is Armory incase it has updated

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Aztec%C3%A2/simple

Hi iam having some problems whit my affliction spec and its ofc my dps beeing to low,

i dont really know what iam doing wrong my current dps is around 35k unbuffed ( on Raid training dummy) whit exception of my own (dark intent, Grim of Sacrifice) i ussuly open up whit cds that is Lifeblood and Dark Soul : Misery,

And then i go for CoE and haunt SB:SS and MG and just keep my dots up and keep it that way.

Was going to link armory but its not updating for along time but i can give some numbers.

ilvl : 468

haste :6.60

Hit : 15.21

Crit: 12.90

Mastery: 45.74

and here is Armory incase it has updated

http://eu.battle.net...d/Aztecâ/simple

You have way too much Hit and way too much Crit.

Go to wowreforge.com and input the following values:

Hit AT LEAST 5100

Haste AT LEAST 3043

Then click the stat weights and input the following:

Mastery = 3

Haste = 2

Crit = 1

Hit = 0

This should optimize you more efficiently. Your rotation understanding seems good, so see what happens when you prioritize your statistics correctly.

• Like 1

Ye thx it worked alot better it comes around 42-43 now on raiders target dummy is that bad whit the gear i have? imena iam new to warlock so i dont think iam doing everything like a pro just dont want to feel bad when its raid :P.

And ty for quick reply.

I can't load your armory here at work, so I can't see your gear. However, at a 468 ilvl, 42-43k seems decent. Practice makes perfect. However, I'd say making a minor adjustment of your reforging did quite a bit. 35k to 43k? Just imagine proper gems, enchants, etc and the power you'll have. At ilvl 476 against Gara'jal, I sustained 76k for a 5 minute fight without any buffs. I picked up two upgrades and now am 480 and killing things is just so much easier. Affliction scales EXTREMELY well with gear so remember to valor cap each week. Good luck on drops!

Just one more question ive been reading alot on hit cap as affliction warlock and diffrent sorts but must say 15% and thats the hit cap but how far down can i take the hit points whitout loosing to mutch and misses alot.

Sry for my bad english but i hope you understtod what i ment.

whatever you feel comfortable with tbh. I did a post about non hit-capped aff lock on Elegon and you can see I have an 8% miss chance yet still ranked 98th on wowprogress for the fight. The unfortunate thing about not hitting the cap is that it adds an element of RNG to your game. If you are ok with that, then its fine, but most long-term locks HATE the thought of missing a target so dont go that way

Hit capping is a topic of limited longevity. Right now, not hit capping CAN and MAY produce higher DPS, but as gear grows and hit capping, meeting haste thresholds, and reaching higher levels of Mastery becomes easier to do. All of the maximum DPS simulations of 496 ilvl and higher involve hit capping. Sure, you may produce one good fight where you had a 5%+ chance to miss and missed rarely and pushed a good parse, but by that same token, you will have a parse that is subpar. Hit capping is like wearing a seatbelt...you don't have to do it to survive a car ride, but it's generally a good thing to do...just in case.

Personally, at an ilvl of 482, I sit at 14.97% hit and sustain 80k for 6 minutes with relative ease self-buffed on a raid dummy. Simulating myself at 8% hit (7% miss chance), my dps comes out at 81k. Again, that's with a computer playing. Humans will never achieve the read and react speed of computers, so if you choose to not hit cap, play at your own risk.

okey thx for the awnsers i will think about it and see how i will do it probably will go for almost hit cap atleast.

Boradan : Ye i did see it and thats abit to low for me i want to feel a bit more safe.

Can anyone explain why "ask Mr. Robot" has my spell hit @ 15.5% and my actual armory lists the spell hit @ 13% ?

I guess "ask Mr. Robot" assumes I'm fully buffed?

Whats even stranger is I use WoWForge to try to reach 5100 and it says with my current gear its impossible.

EurekaSeven - Arthas

Check your gems and the gems of what Robot tells you to use. If you're under a 463 ilvl, don't worry about reforging yet. It's a waste of time and won't result in big net gains. Wait until you have the stats to push around.

My ilvl is 466 and it says the same thing for me.I'm assuming I just need to get a few more ps to make it work properly.

Edited by Phynom

Check your gems and the gems of what Robot tells you to use. If you're under a 463 ilvl, don't worry about reforging yet. It's a waste of time and won't result in big net gains. Wait until you have the stats to push around.

im sitting at 470. I was just curious about the difference between Robot and the Armory. According to Robot im over the hit cap so I can start changing items back to Mastery. But the armory has me at 13% Right now its just not possible to get any higher without breaking jem bonus for matching socket color.

Hi again i done some huge upgrades now have ilvl 474 and run in to some problems my dps isent going up anything i still do about 43k unbuffed and another warlock in our raid maybe do 10k more dps and lower ilvl i know it isent everything but must be some problem since i dont feel like i should be that far behind and i tried alot of things but i feel like i want to be hit caped atleast but just thought if you got any ides maybe,

here is my armory

http://eu.battle.net...d/Aztecâ/simple

hope you maybe see some problem.

As stated before

open up whit cds that is Lifeblood and Dark Soul : Misery,

i refresh my dots when maybe 40% left on them the first time and then i try to refresh them in last second (earlier if i se that they can expire).

EDIT: here is the armory to my guild friend http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Werul/simple

and maybe you can take a look if you got the time and see what he ahs but i dont.

Edited by Mikko

Check out Zagams post about gems https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/782-505-warlock-gems/

I would take the advice of that post and then see where you are as far as being hit capped. If you are not hit capped reforge crit to hit then haste to hit if needed.

Solid advice is always go for hit cap when your damage is low. Leave as little chance as possible to the RNG God's.

Secondly keep a close eye on your soul shards you only have four and they are precious. Good soul shard management can be the difference between 45k and 60k dps.

Good luck

Okey thx its maybe hard to explain but when do i know when to use Haunt? do i just spam at start to try and keep it up att 100% and then just hope for some procs?, Sry iam new to warlock han havent played them before so just a bit noobish.

If you keep 100% dot up time and do the right rotation you're still only going to be doing 75% of your max dps. Dots don't refresh dynamically with your buffs. This means that anytime you get a proc/heroism/trinket/windsong/dark soul you have to refresh your dots to fully benefit from it. It also means that if one or several of these buffs are about to wear off you want to refresh your dots again to get more dot ticks under that buffed effect.

In most cases the act of refreshing your dots under the effects of buffs out weights any lost time channeling malefic grasp. I wouldn't recommend refreshing for everything though. Get dotimer and setup your buffs so you can monitor only your procs/buffs that benefit your dots. Then watch for procs to stack up. Anytime you get several minor buffs or one big buff such as dark soul or heroism. Refresh your dots. At the end of heroism or dark soul you should refresh your dots to full duration before you lose that buff and you'll get a good 20 seconds more out of it.

Look under the player frame here to see how you want to have your buffs laid out. They tend to all proc at the start of a fight but they will also proc 40 seconds or so into the fight and thats when you want to see them and react.

http://tinypic.com/r/2u41zcn/6

I forgot to mention Haunt. Use haunt to avoid capping on soul shards. But if you have your buffed dots rolling you want to keep 100% haunt uptime during that. So I would try to at least be saving 2 for that case. And for something you can plan for like dark soul coming off cd save up 2 or 3 for that.

It's not always going to be beneficial to dot everything up. For instance if there's a mob up that's taking reduced damage. But if you just put corruption on it. It becomes a source of nightfall procs. I really can't tell you if this is the optimal thing to do but I do it. It doesn't take much time and gives me more shards.

Edited by ZManiac17