FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ichigaki

Borrowed Time and Group Healing

Hi guys, was doing Tectus last night, and looked over how I could improve. I insisted last night that I take a break from Tank healing and let the holy paladin give it a blast while I helped with the group.

Now we are using a resto shaman for group also. I noticed that prior to AoE damage I was spamming the group with shields, and Penancing(?) the lowest target, maybe mixing in a couple of PoH, before returning back to PW:S Spam.

While healing tanks, I will PW:S the MT and PW:S the OT with a 4 second gap. I will use CoW inbetween with Penance when needed in attempts to keep up borrowed time.

The problem with my group healing is, im not sure if im doing it in the incorrect way. When damage is being pumped out at a fatal rate should I be throwing flash heals inbetween my Shield Spams? Or should I simply PW:S + Penance + PoH top up? or Should I be PW:S the low, and using Borrowed time to spam PoH? Am I relying too much on the shaman to top up beyond the shields?

During Tank healing I find that filler between PW:S is causing my Borrowed time to drop off as the weakened souls become more inline with MT and OT. How important do you find Borrowed time? and what technique do you use?

Well your actual healing output needed depends on how well the shaman is topping up the group, I haven't healed this fight yet (currently maining fury but was disc main in Mop and I still pvp on it) I would be using PW:solstice to get archangel stacks and then using it to PoH the mele group as I know the red mist is extremely hard to see and the archangel enhance means that this is extremely strong and will almost always put a divine agis on most of the group. Hope this helps :)

• Like 1

Cheers Alatarial, not struggling too much with the fight in general, was more looking at uptimes and optimizing my time/mana. I use Archangel regularly during intense damage, it is indeed very useful. Not noticed too much issue with the red mist and the melee after a couple of attempts. More during Tectonic Upheaval and during the Mote phase, im using my PW:B at this point on the ranged. So how is best to deal with this? PoH spam, or shield/PoH or just PW:S Spam, Penance with a couple of PoH after damage phases?

Discipline has a limited utility in group healing situations, since the best thing you can do is sling PW:S on as many targets as possible, maybe throw out a couple PoMs.  Prayer of Healing is not very good at raid healing since it is party based.  I really wish they would change that.

Discipline has a limited utility in group healing situations, since the best thing you can do is sling PW:S on as many targets as possible, maybe throw out a couple PoMs.  Prayer of Healing is not very good at raid healing since it is party based.  I really wish they would change that.

Not sure if PoM would be efficient even in Tectus as Disc, I would like to point out I am in a 10-15man sized raid team so the usefulness of PoH is quite useful during AoE phases, more so than casting PoM I would imagine. Maybe chucking out a single PoM before the AoE phase starts would be useful though. A lot of people complain about PoH, personally I like the way it works, as long as groups are organised properly.

Not sure if PoM would be efficient even in Tectus as Disc, I would like to point out I am in a 10-15man sized raid team so the usefulness of PoH is quite useful during AoE phases, more so than casting PoM I would imagine. Maybe chucking out a single PoM before the AoE phase starts would be useful though. A lot of people complain about PoH, personally I like the way it works, as long as groups are organised properly.

In most cases PoM is not worth it from a mana PoV as Disc.  I added Tectus to the list of notes Pinned in this Forum for healing Highmaul Bosses.  Depending on your healing make-up, your team can benefit from you taking either WoM or CoW.

EAA > PI > PWS > (EAA) PoH is very strong for group healing.  It's all about the prep and watching Boss Timers

With the amount that I use PWS, Borrowed Time is always up.  It's not a conscious effort.

• Like 1