FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gravyspasm

Soulstones - Explain it to me like i'm a meat popsicle

What the hell has happened to battle rezzes this expansion?

they are all pooled together, and they build up slowly over X amount of time?

what's the point in that?

Battle resses work with a charge system because they had to come up with something that worked with the flexible size of groups.  No longer could you have 1 for 10 man and 3 for 25.  How would they decide who got 2?  16?  17?  In order to not create those "breakpoints" that would force PuGs to stop at that breakpoint (LF2M HM, because we want the smallest group with 2 bresses) just like they did with Flex Sha of Pride and Prison mechanics.

In order to get around this, the charge system takes the number of players you have and divides that into 90 minutes.  For example, if you have 30 people, you'll get 1 battle res charge every 3 minutes.  If you have 10 people, you'll get 1 per 9 minutes.  You always start with 1 charge, so you gain "bonus" charges as you go on.  This is super beneficial for really long fights.  It didn't make sense in 25 man groups to have 3 resses for a 2 minute fight and 3 resses for a 10 minute fight.  Now, you get bresses according to the number of players and the length of the fight.

• Like 3

I know its a dumb thing to say, but its a peeve of mine to be able to combat rez.  Nothing bothers me more than breaking a great parse to rez teh mouth breather that died to something stupid.  I can't tell you how many times its caused me to miss a mechanic or end up having to move out of position and die to something stupid.

I am very happy, that with 20 man raids i have DK's and Rdruids with Instant Combat rez, so I don't have to prioritize mine, which has a cast time.

And yes, my SS showing its on CD almost all the time is annoying. 

• Like 1

I know its a dumb thing to say, but its a peeve of mine to be able to combat rez.  Nothing bothers me more than breaking a great parse to rez teh mouth breather that died to something stupid.  I can't tell you how many times its caused me to miss a mechanic or end up having to move out of position and die to something stupid.

I am very happy, that with 20 man raids i have DK's and Rdruids with Instant Combat rez, so I don't have to prioritize mine, which has a cast time.

And yes, my SS showing its on CD almost all the time is annoying. 

That time on siegecrafter blackfuse, PBI and KTT proc, I use dark soul as a plethora of overcharged crawler mines roll off the assembly line, I activate fire and brimstone and my raid leader says "Please rez (insert hunter name here)" 

RiP

• Like 1

Battle resses work with a charge system because they had to come up with something that worked with the flexible size of groups.  No longer could you have 1 for 10 man and 3 for 25.  How would they decide who got 2?  16?  17?  In order to not create those "breakpoints" that would force PuGs to stop at that breakpoint (LF2M HM, because we want the smallest group with 2 bresses) just like they did with Flex Sha of Pride and Prison mechanics.

In order to get around this, the charge system takes the number of players you have and divides that into 90 minutes.  For example, if you have 30 people, you'll get 1 battle res charge every 3 minutes.  If you have 10 people, you'll get 1 per 9 minutes.  You always start with 1 charge, so you gain "bonus" charges as you go on.  This is super beneficial for really long fights.  It didn't make sense in 25 man groups to have 3 resses for a 2 minute fight and 3 resses for a 10 minute fight.  Now, you get bresses according to the number of players and the length of the fight.

Thank you so much for this explanation.  I was getting frustrated because every time someone asked for a bres, I'd look at my Soulstone and there'd be a "5m" timer on it.  And I'd think...did I just use an ability that was tied to my Soulstone?!?  I almost got kicked out of a LFR because the guild that was in the LFR thought I was hording my BRES.

Pre-cast it on tanks.  There's no reason not to.  Let the Druid pick someone up.  A charge isn't consumed when cast - it's consumed when it's taken.

• Like 1

I almost got kicked out of a LFR because the guild that was in the LFR thought I was hording my BRES.

I haven't done LFR in quite some time,(i only did one boss last xpac tier because i got the singular drop i wanted the first time) but my understanding for this xpac is that it is jaw droppingly simple.

I think if you manage to die in an LFR, you not only stay dead the rest of the fight, but the rest of the lockout.

Edited by Gravyspasm
  • Like 1

So far the first wing of Highmaul in LFR is shockingly easy compared to Normal.  I think that people have to work their asses off to wipe the raid in LFR.  Like the Brackenspore fight, for example - the moss doesn't creep inward nearly as fast as it does in Normal.  And I think the cooldown on the flamethrowers might be different, not sure.  But I don't even know if they're necessary at all in LFR, at least not with the guild that I ran with.

Nope lfr truly is tourist mode.  a bunch from guild queued up for funzies...

Bladefist - 4 minutes, Butcher - 2 minutes, Brack - 4 minutes.

Butcher died so fast, I didn't get top use my cooldowns a second time lol... and I am not even sure if Hero was used lol

Felt like we were raiding Mythic SoO :P

Edited by Soulzar