FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.1 Affliction Trinkets

Amazing Job Zagam, as always.

Interesting how LoTC scales with the upgrade, is a bit better than Essence or RoY uprade, so, if want to increase a bit more dps, go after LoTC upgrade besides RoY :P

. They gave us 3 trinkets that are similar in value so you can...CHOOSE? WHAT? Isn't that what they wanted out of Talents and Glyphs?

Yeah...overall it seems like their doing a better job with trinkets, at least so far. As I alluded to previously, Wrath was a bit of a mess. Part of it was that 10 & 25 man raids had completely different loot tables - which mean they needed to have a bigger 'variety' of trinkets, which led to some truly crappy items dropping. But here we have three great trinkets that are available at the start, plus a handful of less-than-great trinkets available from vendors, heroics, and professions (which is the appropriate place for them). Compare that to tier 9- which had 1 good trinket, which dropped from the final boss and was itemized to be in demand by every caster & healer out there. No wonder people were entering ICC still using Naxx and OS trinkets....

Edited by Stunlocked

I'm a destruction warlock with valor to spend. I have LFR Light of the Cosmos and Relic of Yulon. Both of which are not upgraded. Should I bother buying either of the valor trinkets? If so which one? The 396 static-caster trinket has a nice cd, but the haste stat is kinda lame for destruction. The 489 intellect trinket seems like it would be a better choice for destruction with it's crit cd. But I don't know if either of them are better than the LFR Light of the Cosmos. If someone could help me out that would be awesome :)

You're going to want to stick with your current gig. Upgrade your Relic of Yu'lon when you're out of new pieces to purchase with Valor Points. The Destruction trinket list won't differ much from this Affliction list. Light of the Cosmos, Relic, and Essence are your best trinkets available, even if one is the LFR version.

Zagam I might had to disagree with you on this topic mate, in only one thing.

About Relic and Essence of Terror, I got light of cosmos HC 2/2 and Essence of Terror 0/2 normal equipped.

And when I sim both trinkets Relic 2/2 on my bags atm :'/ and Essence of Terror 0/2, sims tells me Essence of Terror it's a 300 dps increase over Relic. I stood like o.O wtf...

You got any way to change my mind or any deep thoughts about this?

Ah and ye happy new year, keep the wonderful job for warlock community.

Edited by Vortex

I simulated each trinket by itself...I didn't think to sim them in combinations. Sounds like way too much to worry about on my birthday, so maybe next week I'll look into it. I'm glad someone is using Simulationcraft for themself and not depending on my very basic outline for numbers!

Thanks! Spending it at work, like a boss. I will look into the trinket combination, but likely only Light of the Cosmos, Essence of Terror, and Relic of Yu'lon...they seem to be the breadwinners of the trinket group.

I've been Simcrafting Static-caster's medallion 0/2 against lfr Light of cosmos 0/2 both with haste build and mastery build. I always come back with Static-caster's medallion coming in at 700+ dps more. I believe I've done the napkin math correctly and that shows Light of cosmos coming ahead with an average of about 300 int more. In addition everything I read says Light of Cosmos is better. So i'm quite confused why Simcraft consistently show's Static-caster's medallion ahead. These results are making me think I'm not using SimC correctly. If anyone could provide some insight to this I'd definitely appreciate it.

http://us.battle.net...ladvii/advanced

Thanks in advance

Simcraft is modeling Light of the Cosmos anywhere from 37-40% uptime but in all of my logs, I'm seeing anywhere from 43-44%. I still think Relic + LotC are your two best trinkets, even if you get heroic Essence because of the ability to stretch the Intellect buff.

Thanks for all of this info Zagam, you're super awesome, really nice of you to help ppl out like this all the time!

I'm lucky to have all 3 trinkets (normal, not lucky enough yet to have H LotC and we aren't doing H Sha yet) and had plenty of extra valor so went ahead and upgraded 2/2 to test out Essence vs RoY and I think just because of the proc synching have to totally agree that RoY + LotC is the best choice.

Essence procs at off times, rarely in line with LotC + Jade Spirit, and was a dps loss for me, pretty much a wasted 1500 valor for the upgrade, but I'm hoping the few items I haven't upgraded yet will drop heroic soon :)

Thanks for all of this info Zagam, you're super awesome, really nice of you to help ppl out like this all the time!

I'm lucky to have all 3 trinkets (normal, not lucky enough yet to have H LotC and we aren't doing H Sha yet) and had plenty of extra valor so went ahead and upgraded 2/2 to test out Essence vs RoY and I think just because of the proc synching have to totally agree that RoY + LotC is the best choice.

Essence procs at off times, rarely in line with LotC + Jade Spirit, and was a dps loss for me, pretty much a wasted 1500 valor for the upgrade, but I'm hoping the few items I haven't upgraded yet will drop heroic soon Posted Image

Damn and I recently upgraded 2/2 Essence...should I stay with essence or go for RoY(got LoTC normal).

On the first post, I linked all of the trinkets' individual DPS contributions. However, not mentioned is the synergy with each trinket. Essence of Terror has an ungodly long ICD (105 seconds) making it unruly to control with other procs. Relic and LotC line up almost perfectly together each time they proc. They are my personal choices. Hang onto Essence, though. They are all close enough that you can use what you prefer. If you're a rockstar at managing your trinket procs with Affdots, then I'd go Relic + Light of the Cosmos. If you'd rather play a more relaxed style and manage one less buff, slap on Essence...it won't cost you a ton of DPS, but it will be a loss over RoY + LotC in near-perfect play.

Zagam - I see you saying Relic over Essence, but what about in a 2/2 situation? Is normal Essence 2/2 better than 2/2 Relic alongside the heroic Cosmos 2/2?

I have all 3 fully upgraded and just stumble on which is truly better for progression PvE raiding specifically.

Is it still more constant guaranteed DPS to go Relic 2/2 + Heroic Cosmos 2/2 or Normal Essence 2/2 + Heroic Cosmos 2/2?

Edited by Merq

I dislike Essence. 7k+ haste for 20 seconds on a 105+ second CD irritates me. The reason that Relic and Light of the Cosmos are so good together is that they have very similar ICDs so they almost always line up together. 105 seconds for an internal CD makes it highly awkward because it almost never lines up with anything for an entire fight other than at the beginning.

That said, they're very close on an independent level as you can see from the first post. Not until you get the 2/2 heroic Essence is it worth swapping in over Relic, but that's of little regard with the patch coming in 2 weeks. There is a WONDERFUL trinket coming out soon that gives you 1300+ Intellect and stacks 10 times, similar to the Dislodged Foreign Object from heroic Rotface (seasoned Warlocks remember this trinket). At this point in the game, trinkets are going to be compared to new ones. The only one I see giving a run for its money is Heroic LotC. More work will be done on this when data becomes available to me.