FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Druigan

Rotation needs improvs- logs available

Hello guys!

I'm running a lock for a while now, but just turned to destro last couple of patches and I don't believe I'm taking the most out of it.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4hCWwfAYmjD6L8z3#fight=3&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24damage%240%240.0.0.Any%2493954681.0.0.Warlock%24true%240.0.0.Any%24false%240

Here you have my logs and I saw some problems already, being that my Immolate needs to be up more time, which shows that I'm slacking. At the Brackenspore fight I was on Spore Shooter duty. The other lock in my guild can pull a lot more damage than me, but I can't figure out why. And he's rotation is pretty similar with mine, except that he casts conflagrate to use with Incinerates and I use the conflagrate buff for chaos bolt.

Help please?

I know I'm just one more in a veeeery long list of people wanting to improve

Your other lock is havocing way more than you. You had 4 to his 15. Have you tried setting boss on focus and using a havoc macro? Something like? I believe that's correctly, I'm away from computer to check mine.

/target focus

/cast Havoc

/targetlasttarget

Your other lock is getting a lot more shadowburns off havoc and gaining embers. He has 6 more chaos bolts probably due to embers from adds. Try that macro out, no glyph havoc if your are an you can basically use havoc on cd.

Also I wouldn't really use conflag for a bolt unless trying to squeeze one last in before a proc runs out.

Edited by Cedrin

Also a mouseover shadowburn macro could potentially be helpful. Don't have access to my macros ATM, as I'm subbing, but I'm sure you can find one on the interwebs.

• Like 1

Also a mouseover shadowburn macro could potentially be helpful. Don't have access to my macros ATM, as I'm subbing, but I'm sure you can find one on the interwebs.

How would that help me improve my dps?

Your other lock is havocing way more than you. You had 4 to his 15. Have you tried setting boss on focus and using a havoc macro? Something like? I believe that's correctly, I'm away from computer to check mine.

/target focus

/cast Havoc

/targetlasttarget

Your other lock is getting a lot more shadowburns off havoc and gaining embers. He has 6 more chaos bolts probably due to embers from adds. Try that macro out, no glyph havoc if your are an you can basically use havoc on cd.

Also I wouldn't really use conflag for a bolt unless trying to squeeze one last in before a proc runs out.

Yeah I just noticed that, as well.

Thanks for the help guys. Also I have been using Archimonde's instead of KJC and that also impact my dps, while move.

Because target swapping is a lot of wasted time. Unless you've got a slick layout, or a crazy ton of macros to your abilities where your actual target doesn't matter, your uptime suffers in a hectic, multi-add fight. You spend a significant amount of time targeting adds, and swapping to and fro. Mouseover macros allow you to quickly snipe off abilities without the need to switch targets. Just mouse over their nameplate/model. In SoO, swapping from normal shadowburn to a default mouseover shadowburn (which defaulted back to my target with no valid mouseover) increased by DPS significantly, simply by removing lots of the full time I spent trying to target the right add, or going to and fro the boss.