FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
LikaBoss

Requesting a Guardian Druid Macro

Hello,

I need a Macro for Guardian druid Trash killing, I couldn’t find a working macro that’s good for trash killing.
I’m looking for something like, Change into bear form, Wild Charge, then Mangle, Thrash, Lecerate, use Maul only when it procs, spam Lecerate, and cast Mangle on every CD, cast Savage defense on every CD.
If anyone is good with making macros please help me out.

Thanks.

Likaboss

Edited by LikaBoss

You can't make a macro like this.

First, a one button macro is not very entertaining, and just to have it play your class for you I would never condone.  Second, Blizzard has restrictions to their macros to disallow a 'one-button-wonder' so you're forced to actually play the game.  

The best someone could do is make a 'cast sqeuence' macro that does things in order, but it will never know when Mangle has proced, It won't know when Tooth and Claw has procced, and it will be stuck trying to cast Savage Defense / maul when you have no rage. Which, will end up defaulting back to a mangle even if its not off CD, when you would be wanting to press Lacerate.

No, your best option would be to make a weak aura or addon that shows what you should be pressing next and then actually use those separate keybinds.

• Like 1

You could create a cast sequence macro, but you cannot create a conditional where you can cast x if y happens.

Try playing the game, you might find it enjoyable.

• Like 1

Replying here: I deleted the post that was reposted,because it was just that. A repost to something we already answered.

For better or for worse, WoW doesn't have any support for the kind of "if-then-else" logic that you encounter in programming languages. You can tell it what skill(s) to cast, what order to do them in, how long to delay between them, so that you're not pressing as many different buttons, and you can still intersperse things that are off the GCD like cooldowns and interrupts. But, if such a "lazy macro" could be used in such a way that it was 100% effective and managed optimal play, or even close to it, it would be abused into oblivion. I don't need to speculate, either, because it has been tried and tried and tried and when it worked well enough, Blizzard changed the rotation so it wouldn't be as effective. You can go through all 34 specs and you will not find one that really performs well with a "lazy macro" now, because they are just fixed sequences and you can't change them up based on ability or trinket procs, abilities that disrupt your sequence, or cooldowns like Berserk that completely change your priority list.

There is one essential macro that you should use as a bear. It's a mouseover macro for Healing Touch, so you can drop your DoC healing procs on anyone without dropping focus on your target. It also has a string in it so that it will not accidentally drop you out of Bear Form and get you killed. I will link it in order to give proper credit:

http://battlebloodwa.blogspot.com/2014/01/guardian-macro-dream-of-cenarius-proc.html

Hello,

I need a Macro for Guardian druid Trash killing, I couldn’t find a working macro that’s good for trash killing.

I’m looking for something like, Change into bear form, Wild Charge, then Mangle, Thrash, Lecerate, use Maul only when it procs, spam Lecerate, and cast Mangle on every CD, cast Savage defense on every CD.

If anyone is good with making macros please help me out.

Thanks.

Likaboss

As far as making a macro on observable procs this can not be done automatically. Which others have noted. What they failed to mention is overall on a human scale it is. And just requires conditionals.

For example here is a old Guardian macro I had made, which essentially gave my bear a intercept ability like a warrior. This is a old macro so it may need fixing and/or updating.

Macro Name : Charge

/tar [@mouseover,@focus]
/cancelform [nomod]
/assist [mod:shift/ctrl]
/use [form:Bear Form,mod:shift]!Bear Form;[form:Cat Form,mod:ctrl]!Cat Form
/cast [mod:shift/ctrl,harm]Wild Charge;[nomod,help]Wild Charge

Its behavior was to target a certain player and move to them if shift and control were not used. If shift or control was used to assist them and attack their target. Which technically may or may not attack whats attacking them. You could change this to examine closest target instead from that point. I just left it as is. Why? Because most people getting aggro and hit in the face tend to swap to that target naturally.

Also Krazyito mentioned a cast sequence. Thing to note here if you want a spell to cast on every CD and wish to spam it. then cast sequence can break. This is why if you want a simple spam happy macro and its just one or two abilities stick with /cast. Or if you wish to ease off the spam use a reset very close to Mangle, I'd say 7.

ie

/cast Mangle
/cast Savage Defense

or

/cast Mangle
/cast [nomod]Savage Defense;[mod:shift]Frenzied Regeneration

The reason for posting the above macro I called 'Charge' is it could be modified to doing your request. While I could do it, I feel its nice for people to do a bit of discovery on their own. Doesn't mean I can't I just feel macros are simple enough. Though if after a bit you still feel you can not, I will post a workable one for you.

Example of macro usage:

Macro to check if Bear then ignore. If not to change to Bear. Hence the use of:
/use [form:Bear Form]!Bear Form

For Wild Charge I would apply this to a singular /castsequence with a condition on out of combat. Why a singular cast sequence over using cast? So that you can apply a combat or no combat check to it.

Use a sequence for Thrash, Lacerate under nomod then apply modifier for Maul.

Use a basic /cast for Mangle and Savage Defense. Or a /castsequence using a reset of 7.

The steps may be a bit out of order, just put them in the right order when creating. This idea is entirely 'doable'. While some seem to be against one button type things, this is why macros exist. and why using them can at times become amazingly useful. And also lets not forget this is for trash stuff. It is not a boss, it is not for progress .. its trash. Odd to care that someone wants a simplistic way when doing mobs that equally do not matter.

Krazyito, Paloro,

Why are you being sanctimonious jerks?

The guy asked a question, it's frankly none of your concern how he plays the game.

Who cares if you condone it?

These forums used to be much friendlier and safer....quit being elitist jerks.

Don't be corrupted by your "power" as a moderator.

Playing the game at a high level doesn't give you the right to sneer at how others play their game. They pay their sub just the same as you.

Moderate and contribute by all means, just try not to be jerks. It poisons the community.

Krazyito, Paloro,

The guy asked a question, it's frankly none of your concern how he plays the game.

Playing the game at a high level doesn't give you the right to sneer at how others play their game. They pay their sub just the same as you.

Moderate and contribute by all means, just try not to be jerks. It poisons the community.

They both stated that what he is asking for is impossible, suggested the closest alternative, then said that this is not what they think he should do. I see no problem with that response.

Krazyito, Paloro,

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I'm helping him be a better player. Take my stance for a second. I post here, and help loads of people with how to play the class, and I put all the work in to try to show people how to look at logs and show what they should be doing differently.

Now someone comes in as basically asks "Can someone make a macro that plays the game for me so I don't have to think about anything?"

To me, it's just a bit rude, but on top of that, if such a macro even existed don't you think it would be publicly avaliable EVERYWHERE?

It's rude because this person took 0 effort to learn how to play the game, or even look up if such a macro was even possible and he just wants a macro that does it all for him with one button. He also more than likely copy and pasted the same post in multiple forums hoping to get a macro.

No, I'm not being a jerk, I'm telling him that the game doesn't play itself and you need to work at it to get anything accomplished, even if it means a little bit of reading or practicing. And hell, once he learns it he might actually find it enjoyable and want to learn more and get better.

I'm all for making macro, and I love to tinker with the coding of one and we gave him the next best solution but there really is nothing he can do to get what he wants.

If there was such a macro, we wouldn't be having this conversation because I would have linked one and I would probably use it myself since it's the easiest way to do thing, but it's impossible because blizzard wants us to play their game, not faceroll through it.

Another thing I didn't mention was he could have most of those buttons in a single macro while changing with modifier keys, but from the sounds of the original post he doesn't want to have to think about what buttons to press in one combination, just a button that does it all for him.

Anywhere you go and basically ask for a shortcut when all the information is already out there on how to do things, it's just a slap in the face to everyone who's put the time and effort to figure things out or read it themselves. Take the time to learn how to play this game we all enjoy and understand how spells and effect interact with each other.

@nekros I appreciate you to make one for him, and I could have probably made one using shift mods and such, but it simply wasn't what he asked for, which somewhat put me off. I personally have many macros that change based on some conditions (like targets or modifiers) but that all still takes some thinking effort on my part to know what it will do. (such as a mouse over healing button that also uses a damaging spell on an enemy target)

For anyone else reading this, just be specific with what you want in the realm of possibilities and I can help you with a macro.