FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stardreamer

resto help and suggestions

hi all

I have been reading the forums a bit before posting and wanted to ask for some help and suggestions in regards to resto. I have read several posts on what ppl recommend and now just want some feedback.

Here is my recent log

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XgqJxfCBvtGcbNz6#type=healing&source=11&graph=false

my Character

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/amanthul/Worstar/advanced

I am very new to warcraft logs and saw some great break downs that ppl did for someone else asking for help. Any suggestions on what I should look at and where I find the best information would be greatly appreciated.

I already know I need to use lifebloom more and that is something I will be working on.

I have changed my play style quite a bit since wod and even recently have been changing it.

Currently I am focusing on raid healing and using rejuv alot, I was using genesis but have read comments that it is not that efficient so will look to adjust my use of that.

So my ideal rotation would be keeping lb up, having rejuv across the raid then using ht/regrowth/swiftmend to maintain my harmony. using mushroom on cd.

I have scaled my use of wild growth right down as I find this very mana intensive and am currently trying to find a play style where I am not ooming too fast.

I tried the wrath spam, with and without dream of cen, I am not sure on this and would like some advice, currently I am not using it.

I also know from reading I don't use nature's swiftness enough, I always tried to save this for emergency big heal but ppl say to use on cd.

I recently changed to the regrowth glyph. have not tried with this yet.

Any advice and feedback most welcome and appreciated.

Edited by Stardreamer

Casts & Buffs are the main ones to look at before you delve too deep into did you use the right spell at the right time, few obvious things from there

You use glyph of rejuv [decreases cast time of HT by 10%] but only cast HT 7 times in 11minutes, be as well not using it

Lifebloom uptime of 66% gave you 20 clearcasting procs, closer to 100% and you would have got another ~10 Free Regrowths

Harmony Uptime 80% - so 20% of the fight your heals were 15% less effective (although this ties into the above)

Natures Vigil - 5 out of a possible 7

Ironbark(Empowered Ironbark) - 3 of a possible 10

Tranquility/ ITOL - 2 out of a possible 3

Natures Swiftness - 2 out of a possible 10 

By completely removing Wild Growth your actually causing yourself mana issues/gimping your healing, I'm busy so cant pull my raw numbers from the game but heres roughly what they were around ilvl 630

Mushroom - 6912 Mana - 40k Heal x3 [120k] ~17 Heals per Mana [5.66 per person]
Rejuv - 3024 Mana - 20447 Heal ~6.7 Heals per Mana 
Regrowth - 5962 Mana - 25982 Heal - 4.35 Heals per Mana
Healing Touch - 3312 Mana - 20037 Heal - 6.04 Heal per Mana
Wild Growth - 12080 Mana - 16400 Heal x5 [82000] - 6.7Heals per mana [1.3 per person]

Excuse the strange colours i copy/pasted from my thread somewhere else, UnGlyphed Wild Growth does exactly the same healing as 5x Rejuv, but from 1 cast [leaving you more time to do something else]

If you both glyph it and us it during ITOL it heals 8 targets instead of 5, it still costs 4x the mana of rejuv, but heals for for the equivelent of 6.5 rejuvs [~10s of cast times] in 1.4s, the total healing is also spread over 7s instead of 18 so theres less chance of it being overhealing [due to your other healers "topping" their health up or sniping your heals to cheese meters]

TLDR:

Better use of Natures swiftness/lifebloom would get you roughly 20 free regrowths ~500k heals

using wild growth on cd during ITOL would increase healing by 65% over rejuv for same mana cost ~300k heals

Edited by Brady84
  • Like 1

Awesome thank you for the reply was great feedback and definitely some things to look into.

Just with the WG is it worth just using it when in ITOL or should i use it more often during the fight as well?

I reread your post and your figures, and my understanding is I should use it more often, during times of heavy damage to reduce amount of rejuvs i need to put up, and still get same amount of healing.....is that right?

Also i know you are busy but if you can give any suggestions on what to look for on logs that would be great, like i can see up time and looked at buffs for clear casting but any other suggestions would be good.

Edited by Stardreamer

Wild Growth is actually very efficient if it won't overheal, but you are correct that it is a powerful and expensive ability that shouldn't be abused for the sake of padding the meters. You made outstanding use of the mushroom, but there's nothing wrong with throwing out WG if the situation calls for it.

Enhanced Lifebloom increases the critical strike chance of Healing Touch by 20%, which helps to close the gap between Healing Touch and glyphed Regrowth. There is nothing at all wrong with taking advantage of this plus Glyph of Healing Touch... however, Glyph of Regrowth guarantees an automatic crit and extra healing from Living Seed, so it is more dependable and better for pairing with an absorb healer.

• Like 1

Wild Growth is actually very efficient if it won't overheal, but you are correct that it is a powerful and expensive ability that shouldn't be abused for the sake of padding the meters. You made outstanding use of the mushroom, but there's nothing wrong with throwing out WG if the situation calls for it.

Enhanced Lifebloom increases the critical strike chance of Healing Touch by 20%, which helps to close the gap between Healing Touch and glyphed Regrowth. There is nothing at all wrong with taking advantage of this plus Glyph of Healing Touch... however, Glyph of Regrowth guarantees an automatic crit and extra healing from Living Seed, so it is more dependable and better for pairing with an absorb healer.

hi thanks for the reply. good point about glyphs and definitely will look at WG use

Sorry I'm not at home atm, so when I get a chance I'll do another full log rundown.

I just wanted to comment on glyph of regrowth.

Personally I don't like this glyph, because all it does is replace the hot component with a guaranteed crit, when 60% of the time it will crit anyway (the spell has this baked in passively). I've seen this spell crit way too much without the glyph to see it as worth it. If you're relying on the crit to save a tank, then you have other things to worry about, such as why the tank is taking so much damage and who else is healing the tank.

The hot component is also nice for the swiftmend activation when you're spamming a tank anyway and Rejuv falls off (this is a very small percentage of times, but it happens)

The hot is also a good stabilizer for when he is topped off.

The OTHER reason (which this is a separate issue) is when you're using Rampart Growth + SotF. The regrowth hot does a crazy amount of healing when paired with SotF. If you don't agree with me before, then fine,but definitely never use it with RG +SotF.

Sorry I'm not at home atm, so when I get a chance I'll do another full log rundown.

Personally I don't like this glyph, because all it does is replace the hot component with a guaranteed crit, when 60% of the time it will crit anyway (the spell has this baked in passively). I've seen this spell crit way too much without the glyph to see it as worth it. If you're relying on the crit to save a tank, then you have other things to worry about, such as why the tank is taking so much damage and who else is healing the tank.

The hot component is also nice for the swiftmend activation when you're spamming a tank anyway and Rejuv falls off (this is a very small percentage of times, but it happens)

The OTHER reason (which this is a separate issue) is when you're using Rampart Growth + SotF. The regrowth hot does a crazy amount of healing when paired with SotF. If you don't agree with me before, then fine,but definitely never use it with RG +SotF.

thank you for your reply you make some very good points. currently i do not use SotF but if I did i definitely would consider the above reason for removing the glyph

i was interested if you had anything more to add

Yep. sorry, holidays got me into a mode where I did not access my computer for a week.

Ko'ragh: 

Harmony: 57%. This is very important buff to keep up, without it your hots dont heal for much. This needs to stay up all the time.
Lifebloom: 62%, need to work on getting this closer to 90+%
Rejuv: 96% good
Germination: 64% decent, but you can probably make more of a point to at least keep one up on the tanks at all times.

Incarnation: 2 times. Good, you used it a decent amount of times

NV: 3 times. good
Tranquility: 1 casts. Could have used it possibly one more time. Get a hunter to use Aspect of the Fox and then run while Tranqing if things are hectic.

Barkskin: 0 times. You should be using this. Anytime you're taking damage, use this ability. Its amazing.

Ironbark: 0 times. You should be using this ability, even if the tanks don't call for it.

Nature's Swiftness: 1. You should use this ability more. It gives you a free and instant healing touch. Its great for burst on the move as well as just general healing output/ burst. Use it! ITS GOOD.

Wild Mushroom:

M0pa8mq.png

This is your wild mushroom healing. The purple lines are when you placed your mushroom down and the green lines are the healing it did.

Each time you placed (excpet the first one) it did an ok amount of healing.  The problem with what I see in the graph is taht you let it drop off and heal for ZERO for a prolonged time.  Wild Mushroom is extremely effective even on one target (like a tank) try to keep it up more often as well as healing targets that need it.

Yell at your raid to get people in the mushroom. Learn where you have to stand and move and just move your mushroom accordingly.

Clearcasting:
GCPSaVl.png

This graph shows all your regrowth casts in front of your clearcasting buff.  If you see the red line after the green bars, then it means you probably consumed the green clearcasting.

Looks like you did ok with your clear casting.  There was only one that you didn't consume. Other than that, you have very little clearcasting buffs to begin with which is a result of your low Lifebloom uptime.

Tree of life / Rejuv usage:

Tree of Life 1:

q9AonJ7.png

Tree of Life 2:

0eHBp7O.png

Mainly what I'm looking for here is that you used Rejuv a decent amount of times with Tree of life. Rejuv does 50% more healing and costs 50% less mana during this time and is your best throughput spell next to wild growth.  WG will do enormous amounts of healing as well but you need to plan that with your mana management outside of ToL.

Nature's Swiftness usage:
zxpROK7.png

Looks like you only used Nature's swfitness one time, and you used it with a regrowth.

IMO: Its always better to use Nature's swiftness with a healing touch. Until someone can show me otherwise, I'm going to say you should be trying to use it more often and with healing touch.

• Like 1

Yep. sorry, holidays got me into a mode where I did not access my computer for a week.

Ko'ragh: 

Harmony: 57%. This is very important buff to keep up, without it your hots dont heal for much. This needs to stay up all the time.

Lifebloom: 62%, need to work on getting this closer to 90+%

Rejuv: 96% good

Germination: 64% decent, but you can probably make more of a point to at least keep one up on the tanks at all times.

Incarnation: 2 times. Good, you used it a decent amount of times

NV: 3 times. good

Tranquility: 1 casts. Could have used it possibly one more time. Get a hunter to use Aspect of the Fox and then run while Tranqing if things are hectic.

Barkskin: 0 times. You should be using this. Anytime you're taking damage, use this ability. Its amazing.

Ironbark: 0 times. You should be using this ability, even if the tanks don't call for it.

Nature's Swiftness: 1. You should use this ability more. It gives you a free and instant healing touch. Its great for burst on the move as well as just general healing output/ burst. Use it! ITS GOOD.

Wild Mushroom:

M0pa8mq.png

This is your wild mushroom healing. The purple lines are when you placed your mushroom down and the green lines are the healing it did.

Each time you placed (excpet the first one) it did an ok amount of healing.  The problem with what I see in the graph is taht you let it drop off and heal for ZERO for a prolonged time.  Wild Mushroom is extremely effective even on one target (like a tank) try to keep it up more often as well as healing targets that need it.

Yell at your raid to get people in the mushroom. Learn where you have to stand and move and just move your mushroom accordingly.

Clearcasting:

GCPSaVl.png

This graph shows all your regrowth casts in front of your clearcasting buff.  If you see the red line after the green bars, then it means you probably consumed the green clearcasting.

Looks like you did ok with your clear casting.  There was only one that you didn't consume. Other than that, you have very little clearcasting buffs to begin with which is a result of your low Lifebloom uptime.

Tree of life / Rejuv usage:

Tree of Life 1:

q9AonJ7.png

Tree of Life 2:

0eHBp7O.png

Mainly what I'm looking for here is that you used Rejuv a decent amount of times with Tree of life. Rejuv does 50% more healing and costs 50% less mana during this time and is your best throughput spell next to wild growth.  WG will do enormous amounts of healing as well but you need to plan that with your mana management outside of ToL.

Nature's Swiftness usage:

zxpROK7.png

Looks like you only used Nature's swfitness one time, and you used it with a regrowth.

IMO: Its always better to use Nature's swiftness with a healing touch. Until someone can show me otherwise, I'm going to say you should be trying to use it more often and with healing touch.

awesome thank you so much for that!

Just a quick up date to say thanks for all the feedback again and that I have made some changes and I feel my healing has improved, I still need to work on it. I am thinking next week I might ask if people can look through my logs again and see if they agree that I have improved and if there are any more suggestions. If people dont mind, cause it is really helpful!