FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
blitzkev

Advice on rotation for assassination/combat

Hey, I'm trying to squeak out some more dps in heroic. I swap between combat and assassination depending on the fight, and I was wondering if I've hit the max dps for what I have on Butcher and need to switch to subtlety, or if there were some tips you guys have for improving.

Here are some recent logs from heroic butcher as assassination:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/b9qm6yFHCG3nZfYD

Here are some recent logs as combat:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MXPjKZb89GqzQ3T2

Here's my armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/greymane/Blitzkev/advanced

And here's my latest ask mr robot if you can see that:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/player/us/greymane/blitzkev

Has combat gear (I've since gave up on that haste trinket and replaced with the 630 heroic mastery one).

Thanks in advance.

Sorry the holidays are making me go mental at the moment. I'll get to these logs and such as soon as I have a good chunk of time to sit and analyze them properly.

The only thing I'm seeing at first glance is that you should use Glyph of Disappearance rather than Kick, and you should run with Elusiveness instead of Cheat Death.

You'll avoid a lot more damage with Feint, because you get an on-demand Shield Wall. If your Cheat Death procs, it's something you probably could have avoided with either Feint, Evasion, Cloak of Shadows, Vanish, or just simply not standing where you were standing. Killing Spree is included in that last one - KS With Care.

I've only looked @ your Assassination logs, gotta go out for lunch.

Adding on what Carrn said, on the fights you use Prep, you use right BEFORE casting Vanish. Always be casting right AFTER your first Vanish, because depending on the fight duration, you can fit another cast of it, which means a small burst of damage.

I think I understand why you use Cheat Death, correct if I'm wrong, but it's to cheese the bleed stacks and have a higher uptime on boss. But I don't know if you have communicated that to your healers or was unintentional, they'd decrease quite a bit the healing on you after it. Elusiveness + Feint decreases by a ton the damage and alleviates the pressure on healing.

Your uptime on Rupture is quite excellent, few fights you had it under 95%.

@Carrn: At this fight, you cannot avoid the damage on Gushing Wounds, since it's insta kill. I'm not sure if you can cheese it, but I dunno. I'll look at teh other later.

And I only looked at his Butcher logs, lol.

Still, your remarks were on the spot about it - his Vanish usage is rather low (2 on average). Since his fights were on average 5 mins, he could fit in at least 6 Vanishes - that's at least 12 CPs and a good chunk of damage "for free".

Now looking at his Tectus logs tho, his uptimes on Combat spec are a bit variant. SnD is not optimal, under 90%, tho RvS is rather good on most of it. Killing Spree is being delayed for some reason (perhaps timing with Deep Insight, but it was taking too long between casts and it was used several times before DI). Try to use KS on CD or only if short from DI.

And if it's not done already, bind that trinket to your CDs.

Edit: And use Vanish/Glyph of Disappearance on Combat too!!!!! Use itttttttt

Edited by lipsinch

Thanks for getting back to me.

In the two days between the post and your responses I installed weakauras and tweaked my UI setup to really try and maximize my uptimes as a first step. I also realized I didn't vanish/ambush nearly as often as I should. Here's a later log of ko'ragh:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nm1N2gDa9bG7QZJx

As I'm always the last one to die, and placement is the last of my worries, switching out for disappearance could be a good idea. I like to keep kick though as I'm usually the go-to interrupter on most fights.

KS delay on tectus is super dependent on boss placing and where the red mist is - I find that ability to have way more downsides than upsides.

Your uptimes became quite better, but you still are having a bit of problems with Vanish/Prep. Don't force it tho, take off a day and train a bit on dummies. Eventually you'll get muscle memorized and you'll nail it down.

As for Kick duty, I don't think there're any encounters that need to be kicked in HM? I may be wrong, tho.

Edit: Sorry for late response, have been having fun on holidays. =P

Edited by lipsinch

There are encounters that need kicks, but none of them need them frequently enough for you to need that Glyph. You're more than able to change it out for something more beneficial