FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pestenoire

Are we really the only class who can and HAVE to do certain stuff in Highmaul?

I was just wondering, do people really care about that 1-2k dps they would lose if they do certain tasks or have we become the handymen of raid?

At almost every boss we need to do something really important for the encounter to be done. And if I refuse, for example, i get criticized too. I'm not saying that i won't do these tasks, but sometimes i just wanna play calmly and not with tons of responsability every second all on myself.

Do you guys feel the same?

I'm talking especially with pugs, since with a guild there is much more interest in understand why and how we should do stuff. But i mean, people who just say "You're hunter, you can dps while moving, you have to do eveything..."

I wonder if pugs can exist without at least 1 hunter that knows how to do its task.

There are certain tasks that our raid leader charges me and other hunters with, but usually not because of the class, but because she trusts us to be competent and do the job right. 

I don't think there are things that "only" hunters can do in Highmaul, but there are things that come easier for us. 

Being the trigger on Butcher, for example, barely requires any foot work, as you can just Disengage backwards every time, and get a small heal out of it too.

Carrying Arcane Wrath out of the raid is another thing that's easier for us. Disengage + Sprint while continuing to DPS and Deterrence to completely negate the damage. 

I don't think it has much to do with you being a hunter, as just raid leader trusts you and comes to rely on you. Usually, dealing with mechanics is more important than damage, so it's not as much "bitch duty", and more like a "key player".

Bring in a random pug from the street and he will (probably) know how to DPS. But dealing with fight mechanics? Only you can do that. Be proud. 

Edited by Iridar

Yeah i get it, but for example, i have difficulties in doing well what i have to do when i have many things to focus on (dps and manage things) and i lose concentration and focus and i just don't want to mess up the whole stuff. For example i was thinking about switching to another caster.

Yeah i get it, but for example, i have difficulties in doing well what i have to do when i have many things to focus on (dps and manage things) and i lose concentration and focus and i just don't want to mess up the whole stuff. For example i was thinking about switching to another caster.

If you're looking for something simple you can always just switch to Lone Wolf Survival. Minimum things to worry about, especially with certain talent choices, like TotH, Stampede and Glaive Throw. You won't sacrifice THAT much DPS by doing it, if any.

i was thinking about switching and trying survival, but i think i don't have any adeguate equipment for it, since i was stacking crit and i barely get 10% multistrike when raid buffed. The only thing i can do is trying to simulate the switch of enchants/gems/weapenchant to multistrike from crit and see what i get.