FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
zeffrell

Straight forward question

OK so nice and hopefully simple. Do you need to be hit capped to have your dots hit as a afflic lock. I am nowhere close to hit capped which is 14% due to using dagger and off as a gnome but haven't had a issue yet though heroic 5 mans and lfr runs. I followed mr robot and spec using the default pve build.

Thank you for your time

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/medivh/Zeffrell/simple

https://www.icy-veins.com/affliction-warlock-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging

The stat priority for an Affliction Warlock is:

• Intellect;
  • Mastery Rating;
  • Haste Rating;
  • Hit Rating (until 15%);
  • Critical Strike Rating.
So, as described on the Warlock (Affliction) statistics page. Mastery and Haste are better secondary stats than Hit. You would only prioritize hit over crit and you would never reforge into crit or hit (always to Mastery>Haste). Posted Image

" Do you need to be hit capped to have your dots hit as a afflic lock. "

That was his initial question and it is to my understanding that once you apply the DoT to your target, all the ticks WILL hit. The only time hit will affect your DoT's is when first applying it.

Hit > Haste when u could get 3043 haste points without sacrifice to much, near to ilvl 480, so:

Mastery > Haste 3043 > Hit 15% > Haste >>> Crit

Probably is something like that.

so then as long as they hit they will dot. hmm almost want to keep my hit as is and my mastery high then also saw that hast at 10% is a goal to get a extra tick then it isnt till close to 30% for another extra tick so just aim for 10% which I have.

You will see a bigger RNG in your dps numbers by not hit capping. However, you will see less dps, if you hit cap, than if you reforged Mastery>Haste>Hit(to cap)>Crit. The dps is not wildly different though and if you miss a Haunt you are going to see a dps drop (probably for that fight) but in the long run (over the course of many fights) you will see more dps by not hit capping. The only sure way to know the best reforging/gemming strategy, for your character, is to run a sim on him (and even sims have had errors on occasion). Unless you are a hardcore progression raider, your reforging strategy will not make a major difference in your dps. Correct rotation and play (along with simply higher ilvl gear) will make up most of your dps. I included the haste break points in a link below so that you can evaluate the haste caps you would like to aim for.

Haste break points https://docs.google....xZmFYa0E#gid=12

Edited by Vladamyr