FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Naigan

Imperator Demo DPS

Alright, let's look at Wipe 4 (6:38).

1. Corruption uptime = 91%.  Crappy.  This needs to be maxed out at all times on some target.  It generates 3 DF per tick per mob.  Not trivial.

2. Doom uptime = 84%.  Bad.  Again, this needs to be maximized.

3. No Demonbolt casts after your debuff wore off at 5:35.  You essentially went an entire minute without using Demonbolt.

Those are some small tidbits.  Here's the brutal one that's wrecking your DPS.  Here's the graph for reference: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PCQKM2XABb19qFWz#type=casts&source=15&graph=true&pins=0%24Separate%24%23244F4B%24auras-gained%240%240.0.0.Any%240.0.0.Any%24true%2498082364.0.0.Warlock%24false%24113861&ability=157695

Look at the tail end of your Dark Soul buff.  This is the buff that increases the damage you do in Metamorphosis, of which Demonbolt requires.  On every single one of your burn phases, you let Dark Soul wear off before your 3rd or 4th Demonbolt hit.  You're using Dark Soul too early and not capturing all of your DBs with DS.  You also, for some odd reason, didn't cast Dark Soul at all around 4:10 with your 6th DB burn, didn't use DB at all around 5:00 (previously discussed), and didn't use Dark Soul one more time after the 4:10 mark.  You're essentially not doing anything right with your level 100 talent, which is your highest damage source.

Zagam, thanks for looking over that log. I'll work on the issue with corruption and doom and see if I can correct that.

Regarding my DB and DS issue; when I click the link you provided and change the bottom table to "Events View" instead of "Tables View", it appears that I am getting in my 3-4 demonbolts within the DS buff period'; although as you've said, it does not appear that way on the graph at the top of the page.

To summarise, it appears as if I'm doing the following:

Start of fight:

DS - DB - DB - DS Fades

Following sets (starting at 47.51, 1.41.71, and 2.34.83)

DS - DB - DB - DB - DB - DS Fades

I can see on the set after this that I only got off 2xDB during my DS buff for some reason, unsure why (starting at 3.14.68).

Is it possible for the set of DB's starting at 3.57.99, that my DS buff was on cool-down? As I am under the impression you shouldn't wait for DS to come off cooldown before firing off your DB if your DB debuff is off cooldown? Am I incorrect in believing so?

Around the 5 minute mark I was casting DB on Gorian Warmage 1 rather than the Imperator (during which I had enabled DS).

Hopefully I've made myself clear with the above information, any further thoughts on where I could be going wrong? (Apart from the corruption/doom uptime).

Edit: Is it possible corruption/doom uptime on this fight is low because there is no point using it on Imperator when he is immune during the transition phases?

What sort of dps should I pulling with as a 654 warlock on this sort of fight? (Just so I have something to aim for!).

Edited by Naigan

I'm sure that the 20x the people playing destro over demo have absolutely nothing to do with your trend whatsoever.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6/#class=Warlock&difficulty=4&boss=1705

Put it at the 90th percentile. It's still the same graph. Destruction has performed the best on Heroic Imperator.

Edited by Mikedawg

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/6/#class=Warlock&difficulty=4&boss=1705

Put it at the 90th percentile. It's still the same graph. Destruction has performed the best on Heroic Imperator.

Destro IS the best on imperator due to the nature of the fight. It's also less variable because 90% of demo parses is going to be like 100 people. That said, some people can't play destro on this. Like myself, since I do flamethrowers on Brack, and I basically have to play aff on that fight to do anything, and my main spec is demo. Since the raid is structured as it is, I can't hearth out anywhere very easily to respec myself. But in essentially any fight, the difference between the "best" and "worst" spec performed by an equally skilled warlock is maybe 1k. Probably 2 max. The specs are VERY close. For whatever reason, Naigan is playing demo on imperator. He asked for advice with demo. If he wanted to know what the "best" spec for imperator, that information is included in Locky's "Highmaul warlock style" thread.

I just wanted to help. He wants to do higher DPS to kill the boss, and I gave him a tip to increase his DPS. It was two lines of text that he has the freedom to ignore. I didn't want to derail this thread, but I felt the need to defend myself against your condescending comments. 

Edited by Mikedawg

I just wanted to help. He wants to do higher DPS to kill the boss, and I gave him a tip to increase his DPS. It was two lines of text that he has the freedom to ignore. I didn't want to derail this thread, but I felt the need to defend myself against your condescending comments. 

Mike, I appreciate the feedback, but my preference is demo. I just feel like at 654 ilvl I should definitely be doing more then 17-18k dps on Imperator; and I've come here to get advice from those far more experienced than myself! smile.png

• Like 1

Mike, I appreciate the feedback, but my preference is demo. I just feel like at 654 ilvl I should definitely be doing more then 17-18k dps on Imperator; and I've come here to get advice from those far more experienced than myself! smile.png

I feel like Destro is better at this fight(at least for me) because it's harder to mess up.

And you don't wanna to mess up at the last fight...

*not implying any of us here are bad players*biggrin.png 

Tanks are fine with killing small adds at 1st/2nd transition phase, you don't need this much AoE of demo.

The only advantage of Demo I can think of is Leap, and that's It.

Try Destro ^_^

Would just like to thank all of you who replied.

I have swapped to destro for this fight (and others now) and am now performing near the top on most of my attempts at Heroic Imperator.

• Like 1