FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ashaiya

Feels Like I'm Not on Par (MM)

First timer here on IV forums, decided I'd give it a shot.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Ashaiya/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BDvj7TXrZ3wfpgbG

Should be noted that this was a sloppy kill due to some of our normal raiders not being present, but it's all I have until we go again >.<

I'm currently 653 ilvl, but I feel way under par compared to other hunters I know. I feel like I should easily be pulling 25k or more. I seem to max around 22k in normal HM, fully buffed.

I've upgraded a couple of pieces since then (+ one stage on trinket, + one stage on helm), but I still average about the same DPS.

I'm satisfied with my Sniper Training uptime, but I know I missed a few CS's and GT's and had to use Deterrence twice (as I said, sloppy kill). That being said, any advice?

Edited by Ashaiya

Hm. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. I just feel like I'm missing something. I haven't gained much noticable DPS in a while now, despite the upgrades.

First timer here on IV forums, decided I'd give it a shot.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/area-52/Ashaiya/simple

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HcATyjBCdXY9DwNQ

Should be noted that this was a sloppy kill due to some of our normal raiders not being present, but it's all I have until we go again >.<

I'm currently 653 ilvl, but I feel way under par compared to other hunters I know. I feel like I should easily be pulling 25k or more. I seem to max around 22k in normal HM, fully buffed.

I've upgraded a couple of pieces since then (+ one stage on trinket, + one stage on helm), but I still average about the same DPS.

I'm satisfied with my Sniper Training uptime, but I know I missed a few CS's and GT's and had to use Deterrence twice (as I said, sloppy kill). That being said, any advice?

CS Usage: 23 casts out of a potential 34.  Thats quite a bit more than "a few" unfortunately.  Thats a ton of lost DPS.  CS is priority number one!

Aimed Shots: Only 16 casts in a 5 minute fight is very low.  I only cast more than 16 in the first two minutes (assuming a lust on pull).

AMoC: 4 casts out of a potential 6, but the last one would have only lasted for a couple seconds, so you really only missed one.  Considering you were going up to stands, you probably had the chance to use it more if you have cast it on the adds, but not a big deal.

Kill Shots: Only 12 casts on a fight with tons of adds is very low.  KS is only below CS in terms of priority, should have the chance to use this many more times than this if you are going into stands.

ST Uptime: 82%, considering you went up into stands, this is good

Pots: Never used a second potion

Edited by Atrais
  • Like 1

Apparently I linked the wrong fight log...

And either way, that was Butcher, not Kargath O.o Going into stands? Lots of adds?

I looked at your Kargath fight, not Butcher, because judging performance based on wipes is not helpful in my opinion because the last minute or so of the fight is a mess.

Same analysis for the new log:

CS Usage: 27 casts out of a potential 31.  Pretty good.

GT Usage: 17 out of a potential 18, almost perfect

Aimed Shots: 29 casts, solid.

AMoC: 5 casts out of a potential 5, no problem here

Kill Shots: 13 casts seems okay assuming the boss spent ~1.5 min in execute range, probably could have got a few more in

ST Uptime: 95.37%, not much room for improvement :)

Focus Regen: Looks like you virtually never wasted Focus, good job

Pots: Still never used a second potion, for Butcher you should save it for the final burn phase at 30%, which is when the team should be lusting.

All in all, a very solid performance, I think the only real thing you can do to improve is getting a bit extra % on ST, use a 2nd pot when you lust, and get in a few more CS and KS.  For the record, I am 658 and pulling at 24K on this fight as SV, so you're not miles behind.

Ah, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding there. Before the "good" Butcher kill, Kargath and Butcher wipes were a mess. Tanks forgot to go up, heals jumped off, I just...ugh. Team needs to get our act together xD

I'll work on a better ST uptime. Should be easier on our next attempt - on this one we were short on melee and had a few new people help get cleave so in and out was a mess, surprised I managed 95%.

Definitely going to work on getting my CS and KS in more, although I have to ask, is KS bugged? It doesn't always proc that second shot for me as of late.

Appreciate the help very much. Guess I'm not as behind as I thought.

Apparently I linked the wrong fight log...

I apologize for the incorrect log, but either way, that was Butcher, not Kargath O.o Going into stands? Lots of adds?

Hmm, you could definitely be doing more, as I did ~1200 more dps with a 4 ilvl deficit and much lower ST uptime.  This is likely due to CS and KS, but overall you were pretty close to me in those respects.  I had a couple more Aimed and Steady shots though in a similar length fight.

Definitely going to work on getting my CS and KS in more, although I have to ask, is KS bugged? It doesn't always proc that second shot for me as of late.

It won't proc instantly, but rather once the actual shot hits the target.

Ah, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding there. Before the "good" Butcher kill, Kargath and Butcher wipes were a mess. Tanks forgot to go up, heals jumped off, I just...ugh. Team needs to get our act together xD

I'll work on a better ST uptime. Should be easier on our next attempt - on this one we were short on melee and had a few new people help get cleave so in and out was a mess, surprised I managed 95%.

Appreciate the help very much. Guess I'm not as behind as I thought.

Let me reiterate that you are doing very well compared to most DPS I see.  You are probably about 92% of your potential DPS right now, getting that last 8% or so is the real challenge :)

Your ST uptime isn't going to make a massive difference, but any little bit helps.

Honestly, the 2nd potion is probably the biggest gain you can get.  If you save Rapid Fire and a Pot for the final lust phase, you will probably get at least 800-1000 more DPS right there, depending on RNG.

Oh, and KS not resetting has been a constant problem since launch, it's buggy right now.  My advice is always try to double-cast it, even if it doesn't say you can, a couple times it let me cast it despite my UI saying it was on CD.

It won't proc instantly, but rather once the actual shot hits the target.

Yes, but I was referring to not getting the second shot at all.

KS not resetting has been a constant problem since launch, it's buggy right now.  My advice is always try to double-cast it, even if it doesn't say you can, a couple times it let me cast it despite my UI saying it was on CD.

Ok, I'll give button-mashing it a try ;) Thanks!

Yes, but I was referring to not getting the second shot at all.

Yes, it is bugged. Incredibly annoying. Most often it doesn't proc when the target is very close to the death after the first KS.

Edited by Iridar