FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Warlock Tier 17 Set Bonus Simulations

So taking the 2piece 665 over the individual 670 pieces I ahve, is a good shout?

Dropping 5 ilvls for a set bonus is likely a good idea, yes.

I mean how specifically do you do a raid summary like that? Like the pictures themselves. I've seen a couple people do it and I am curious as to how :P.

You mean the individual dps bars? You need to create the strings yourself, I'm not sure exactly how it's done, but here's what I used to compare trinkets:

http://repl.it/4uA/14

Press the run button and it will create a text file that you can use with simulationcraft to create multiple simulations for different setups.

I mean how specifically do you do a raid summary like that? Like the pictures themselves. I've seen a couple people do it and I am curious as to how tongue.png.

I'll use an example for SV hunter, but the basic principles apply all the same.  This is for comparing different talent setups, and with different code you can compare different types of setups.

copy=SV_SF_Crows_GT_LW
talents=0001113

copy=SV_TotH_Crows_GT_LW
talents=0003113

copy=SV_SF_Stamp_GT_LW
talents=0001313

copy=SV_TotH_Stamp_GT_LW
talents=0003313

copy=SV_SF_Crows_Bar_LW
talents=0001133

copy=SV_TotH_Crows_Bar_LW
talents=0003133

copy=SV_SF_Stamp_Bar_LW
talents=0001333

copy=SV_TotH_Stamp_Bar_LW
talents=0003333

copy=SV_SF_Crows_GT_FS
talents=0001112

copy=SV_TotH_Crows_GT_FS
talents=0003112

copy=SV_SF_Stamp_GT_FS
talents=0001312

copy=SV_TotH_Stamp_GT_FS
talents=0003312

copy=SV_SF_Crows_Bar_FS
talents=0001132

copy=SV_SF_Stamp_Bar_FS
talents=0001332

copy=SV_TotH_Stamp_Bar_FS
talents=0003332

copy=SV_SF_Crows_GT_EM
talents=0001111

copy=SV_TotH_Crows_GT_EM
talents=0003111

copy=SV_SF_Stamp_GT_EM
talents=0001311

copy=SV_TotH_Stamp_GT_EM
talents=0003311

copy=SV_SF_Crows_Bar_EM
talents=0001131

copy=SV_TotH_Crows_Bar_EM
talents=0003131

copy=SV_SF_Stamp_Bar_EM
talents=0001331

copy=SV_TotH_Stamp_Bar_EM
talents=0003331

If I understand the way SimC is reading this, along with how the gear profile is set up, to compare different trinkets you would do this:

head=gronnskin_crown,id=113863,bonus_id=566
neck=reavers_nose_ring,id=113851,bonus_id=564/566,gems=35mult,enchant=40mult
shoulders=undying_spaulders,id=114519,bonus_id=81
back=cloak_of_creeping_necrosis,id=113657,bonus_id=566,enchant=gift_of_multistrike
chest=wayfaring_tunic,id=116191,bonus_id=234/527/535
shirt=precious_ribbon,id=52019
wrists=bracers_of_the_wolfs_cunning,id=113943,bonus_id=42/566
hands=grips_of_rekindling,id=113915,bonus_id=566
waist=belt_of_inebriated_sorrows,id=119338,bonus_id=566
legs=leggings_of_broken_magic,id=113839,bonus_id=566
feet=treads_of_the_veteran_smith,id=119339,bonus_id=566
finger1=spellbound_solium_band_of_fatal_strikes,id=118302,enchant=30mult
finger2=cinderwolf_signet,id=113917,bonus_id=40/566,enchant=30mult
trinket1=scales_of_doom,id=113612,bonus_id=566
trinket2=captive_microaberration,id=113853,bonus_id=567
main_hand=crystalline_branch_of_the_brackenspore,id=113652,bonus_id=561/566,enchant=oglethorpes_missile_splitter

copy=Different_trinket_1
trinket1=beating_heart_of_the_mountain,id=113931

copy=Different_Trinket_2
trinket2=beating_heart_of_the_mountain,id=113931

Underneath the copy line you insert whatever you want to change from the original profile, so you can sim many different profiles and gear/talent setups and get a comparison between all of them in one.

• Like 1

Is it possible that Simcraft isnt using the 4pc bonus on Demo?

Today i simed some stuff for 4pc upgrade and item replacement and with 4pc versus non 4pc the HoG and Chaoswave usage is the same everytime.(one time i activated 4pc "manually", and one time i copied all from the 4pc given profil just with my gear to proof)Then i simmed with the given Demo 4pc profil with 4pc activated and one with same gear but 4pc unchecked and the same again HoG and Chaoswave count both times the same.(Here i set 4pc to 0 and to confirm i just simmed another one with "created" gear and same stats like T17 to avoid maybe automatically activation on simcraft with 4 pieces geared) WIth 4pc the Count should be higher? Can someone with more experience in SimCraft comfirm this or explain me what i´m doing wrong?

Is it possible that Simcraft isnt using the 4pc bonus on Demo?

Today i simed some stuff for 4pc upgrade and item replacement and with 4pc versus non 4pc the HoG and Chaoswave usage is the same everytime.(one time i activated 4pc "manually", and one time i copied all from the 4pc given profil just with my gear to proof)Then i simmed with the given Demo 4pc profil with 4pc activated and one with same gear but 4pc unchecked and the same again HoG and Chaoswave count both times the same.(Here i set 4pc to 0 and to confirm i just simmed another one with "created" gear and same stats like T17 to avoid maybe automatically activation on simcraft with 4 pieces geared) WIth 4pc the Count should be higher? Can someone with more experience in SimCraft comfirm this or explain me what i´m doing wrong?

That's because the 4pc is that HoG has a 50% chance to unleash your inner demon, meaning it summons a pet that casts a couple of Soul Fire's (which will be in it's own category in the simc damage breakdown) and then despawns.

The 2 and 4 set bonuses got changed around so what you are refering to Orthios is now the 2 set. However, back to your question sorry I have no clue Zkeleton. 

Edited by spikeysquad

That's because the 4pc is that HoG has a 50% chance to unleash your inner demon, meaning it summons a pet that casts a couple of Soul Fire's (which will be in it's own category in the simc damage breakdown) and then despawns.

Thats the 2 pc bonus, and this is working correctly, 4pc is a extra charge of HoG/Chaoswave and a chance to get a charge from corruption ticks.

i got simcraft 610-02, the latest version. How do you activate and deactivate the 4pc bonus? like i said the usage of HoG and Chaoswave is everytime the same. I simmed again my char and the Demo BiS profil, and the demo BiS profil  had 3more Chaoswaves/HoGs then my char without 4pc. 3 times more for 4pc isnt right i think?

Edited by Zkeleton