LordYimmy

[DES] Problems with OOMing

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

Am I the only one that OOM's all the time? I know I'm losing a ton of DPS by running out of mana and having to wait for it to fill back up, and I read all over this forum that using conflagurates in combo with you chaos bolts is bad, but if i do it the other way around I OOM even faster.

character is Dotgoboom from kil'jaeden.

i have a feeling im stuck with a bit too much haste right now and that im sure is contributing to the problem. but even still im a low enough ilvl, that 7.74% of the haste im gaining from my gear shouldn't be a killer.

At lower item levels I did OOM on combat dummies but never in a group or raid. Are you casting Chaos Bolts (CB) regularly (with procs) and not capping embers? As when you are doing a CB you are gaining quite a bit of mana back. I never had that amount of haste so that may be causing you more issues than what mana you gain through Chaotic Energy (assuming that is still in game, I think so as our regen is pretty high). 

Oh and forgot to mention Rain of Fire. That was/is a big mana consumer but I rarely use it now. Are you using it a lot? The mana issues do disappear with gear.