FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Reagonomics

Sudden Death Proc

I just boosted a fury warrior with WoD and have been having trouble recognizing when Sudden Death and execution in general in procs. My raging blow and wild strike both provide visual notification - and it seems like sudden death and execute should have something similar. Normally by the time mobs hit under 20% health it's too late and I really don't pay much attention to the scrolling text/ numbers (maybe I should). Advice appreciated. 

In all honesty, you'll get the most DPS from speccing into warrior_talent_icon_furyintheblood.jpgFurious Strikes - You will notice it more because it does flash and proc more than ability_warrior_improveddisciplines.jpgSudden Death will over the course of a fight.

The reason being why it increases your dps is because it lowers your rage costs... lower rage costs = more areas to expend rage and create dps as a fury warrior.

I would actually say 9/10 I am using warrior_talent_icon_furyintheblood.jpgFurious Strikes as a rage 'dump' - if I am capped at 100 rage and hitting a single target, I literally spam warrior_talent_icon_furyintheblood.jpgFurious Strikes until I need more rage...

Hope this helps!

Edited by jparadise07
  • Like 1

In all honesty, you'll get the most DPS from speccing into warrior_talent_icon_furyintheblood.jpgFurious Strikes - You will notice it more because it does flash and proc more than ability_warrior_improveddisciplines.jpgSudden Death will over the course of a fight.

Assuming you're talking a single-target fight, etc...

Single Minded Fury:

630 Item Level (Heroic Dungeons): FS pulls ahead of SD with ~200 DPS.

665 Item Level (Normal Highmaul): SD pulls ahead of FS with ~200 DPS.

680 Item Level (Heroic Highmaul): SD pulls ahead of FS with ~250 DPS.

695 Item Level (Mythic Highmaul): SD pulls ahead of FS with ~270 DPS.

701 Item Level (Mythic WF Highmaul): SD pulls ahead of FS with ~600 DPS.

You can imagine similar (or perhaps even greater gaps) with Titan's Grip - especially at the 695 / 701 Item Levels. Either way, if you're min/maxing, you can see that SD is actually more (simulated) DPS than FS in only the absolute lowest of item levels.... which, case in point, the OP is currently at. 

Once you obtain some gear, Reagonomics, you'll want to spec into Sudden Death.

As far as your original question goes, Sudden Death Procs should appear just as a Wild Strike proc does - all nice and shiny; at least it does on my end of things. I do recall it not doing so at one time, though, once execute phase began. This may be a bug but I'll pay more attention to it going forward and will post back with anything I observe.

• Like 1

I asked a friend to make a weakaura for SD procs so I know whether I have an SD proc in general, but especially so during Execute phase.

Just an update...

I went to a training dummy to test out the proc on Sudden Death as I said I would. As expected, it works just fine.... for me at least.

I don't have a custom macro for this nor do I use Weak Auras. The only addons around my action bars that I use is Bartender4 and OmniCC; perhaps one of those two are showing the proc for me but, either way, here it is:

SDProc.png

No, the proc that lights up your Execute button is inbuilt. It's just really subtle if your bars are somewhat out of the way.

No, the proc that lights up your Execute button is inbuilt. It's just really subtle if your bars are somewhat out of the way.

Yeah, but there for awhile it wouldn't even do that. It would stay...standard, if you will; no light up or anything.