FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Drtain

Fire mages.

What do you guys think of fire mages so far? I've been playing fire 90-100 and I've enjoyed almost every moment of it, I've tried frost and arcane both were extremely easy and as equally boring. I've been pulling pretty decent numbers as fire so far around 18k-22k as a 620 ilvl mage, (in lfr and dungeons) any others feel like their having decent success with fire this xpac, even at this low of tier (granted i haven't done heroic highmaul or mystic yet, things may change). Main thin I've noticed tho is that it feels like arcane last xpac where high movement fights wreck your dps, main reason I say this is because last xpac fire had the highest mobility while still being able to do decent dps.

Guess the point of this topic is what do you guys think of fire so far this xpac?

Edited by Drtain

Tried it for a farming run and it was pretty underwhelming compared to my main frost spec, but a good deal of that has to do with my gear and play during that particular raid tbh. After the latest round of buffs it plays pretty nicely imo. I'm currently planning on swapping to it if either i get enough mastery/crit gear, or simply 4t17 at BRF release.

• Like 1

Recently a fire mage has been out dpsing me in multiple fights, although I am not the best arcane player by any means. It's in a pretty good spot if you know how to play it.

Experience wise all of the mage specs are close in dps and it mostly comes down to player skill.