FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Minigun

Barrage bugged?

I was considering whether or not I should prioritize barrage over Aimed Shot (above 80%) when there are more than two targets, so I went to the target dummy and noticed something strange.

According to the tooltip my Aimed shot hits for 30.5k. After dmg reduction is taken into account it crits the target dummy for about 37k, which is a sizable loss.

On the other hand, my Barrage (also physical) is listed as doing 37k dmg single target. Barrage hits the main target 16 times, and other nearby targets 8 times. On average my barrage was hitting the dummy for about 2200 dmg each hit, which equates to 32,000 dmg, which is nearly identical to the damage described on the tooltip.

So, I decided to investigate further. I took off all of my gear, aside from my bow, and did the same test.

On the other hand, my Barrage (also physical) is listed as doing 14k dmg single target. On average my barrage was hitting the dummy for about 1155 dmg each hit, which equates to 18.5k dmg, which is far more than what is on the tooltip.

My guess is there is an error in the way the tooltip calculates the damage. That or I am half asleep, and derping big time.

Generally, damage shown in tooltip is pretty meaningless and useless. 

AiS is 420% weapon damage.

Barrage is 960% weapon damage to primary target and 480% damage to secondary target(s).

Barrage is very powerful against single target, only in careful aim AiS overtakes it, mostly because it casts faster and can return some of its otherwise less efficient cost. So yes, in Careful Aim you should use Barrage against two targets. 

Edited by Iridar