FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
echopapa

Ele or Enh for raiding

I just hit 100 and a group of friends are currently 6/7 Highmaul.  I plan on raiding with them and wOUld like to be the best possible dps I can.  I realllly want to play enh, but my question is: is elemental just better for most fights?  Which spec should I start gearing for to contribute most to the raid?

Yes, Elemental is better for some fights, and Enhancement is better for others.  If your doing normals/heroics either spec will be okay.  Enhance can blow up on heavy AoE fights/phases but outside of that both specs can bring decent dps with nice raid utility.  If you realllly want to play Enhance, play it, you won't be holding your raid back by not going Ele.  

Enhancement is pulling away slightly from Elemental on fights with more than one target, as they are able to AOE more efficiently.  Elemental pulls ahead on single target slightly.  The difference at the end of the day is minor.  You should play whichever you enjoy and whichever you are good at.  The relevance of composition dwindles as the group gears better, and unless you are pushing world firsts, it's not that big of a deal.  

Actually, I'd advise that you ask them whether they want a Ranged or Melee DPS more. In our raids, that's certainly what makes such decisions for us (we have waaaayyyyyyy too many Melee players, so anyone switching to Ranged is encouraged).