FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Alkeir

Bad feral DPS

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some help with my feral DPS? I don't main a druid, and this is my offspec, so I really need some help with it. The fact that I'm 640 ilvl and I pull 12k dps makes me sick at my stomach. Any and all tips would be appreciated.

Logs

Armory

Here's what I've found so far (I'll do a second look tomorrow when i'm more awake):

You need Incarnation because of it's relation to Glyph of Savage Roar. It's the best combo for our dps in any scenario. You are having choppy uptime of Savage Roar, this seems to be partially due to missing this pair of glyph/talent, and partially due to not keeping it as high enough importance: Savage Roar being up is the most important thing, in any scenario for a feral. That means, if it's about to fall off, you smash that button regardless of the number of combo points you have (unless it's 0, in which case you generate one and hit the button). Your Rip/Rake uptimes were also not very good.

Looking at your Ko'ragh encoutner, which lasted 7 minutes, you realistically should have been able to use 14 Tiger's Furies, and 3 Berserks (with Incarnation once you swap to it). You used 10, and 2. Watch your cooldowns better and nurse them as much as you can, they are the cornerstone of feral dps. You also procced Predatory Swiftness 32 times ,which means + the healing touch before pull you should have 33 Bloodtalons activations. On Ko'ragh (and I saw similar ratios on the imperator tries) you only had 18. You want to save PD until you have 4 combo points, or it is about to fall off, then use it. Never waste a proc - EVER. Even during Berserk. it is worth it to use your Healing Touch as a GCD to proc Bloodtalons.

Edited by Bradykin

I suggest Getting Claw ( a feral rotation addon ) to get a feel for the rotation, which is VERY unforgiving. Large amounts of mistakes in use of Bloodtalons and DoC take you from being "top dps" to "midrange at best"

I suggest Claw mostly so that you can see how tight the window for proper DoC + Bloodtalons ( often 1 global ) is.

( use a buff tracker (Tell me When) with a timer for DoC for best results )

Feral dps largely depends on our MASSIVE burst every 3 mins, use this macro to simplify it

and get a Lucky double-Sided Coin to use as a burst trinket if possible.

--My macro for cooldowns

#showtooltip Berserk
/cast Tiger's Fury
/cast Berserk
/cast Incarnation: King of the Jungle
/use Draenic agility potion
/use 13

--My macro for Healing Touch ( protection against shifting out of catform when you miss DoC )

/#showtooltip Healing Touch
/run SetCVar ("autoUnshift",0)
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@player]Healing Touch
/run SetCVar ("autoUnshift",1)

P.S. feral aoe sucks, we have to deal with it.
Edited by Tetradei

Hi, I was wondering if I could get some help with my feral DPS? I don't main a druid, and this is my offspec, so I really need some help with it. The fact that I'm 640 ilvl and I pull 12k dps makes me sick at my stomach. Any and all tips would be appreciated.

Logs

Armory

Along with the other things people have noticed:

Looking at your Ko'ragh kill, there is a lack of Ferocious Bites in your rotation.  When I take a look at my log from a Heroic kill (roughly the same time to kill it), you had 5 FB's compared to my 16.

As far as your gear is concerned, try to drop any bonus armor pieces you have in favor of anything with crit or mastery.